X-can V8 or Schiit Lyr for my k702?
Mar 28, 2011 at 10:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

cannondale11

New Head-Fier
Hi all

I just got myself a k702, very nice build headphones, but with my RSA preditor, it sounds terrible, looks like the preditor suit IEMs better. 

I'm search a lot these days and finally cut shorten my list to these two.
X-can V8 and Schiit Lyr

One thing that I'm concern about is that I wanted to connect my Adam A7s on these preamp, both of  these has pre-outs. but I don't know about how would it sound.

I know the X-can V8 has a DAC, but is it better to get a DAC like Udac-2 with the Schiit Lyr? I have a macbook pro for digital music.

My bugget is around 600, does anyone have a better recommendation?

Thanks alot

May 1, 2011 at 2:07 PM Post #3 of 5
If you'd like to wake up the bottom end of the K701/702, the Schiit Lyr is the antidote.  Plus, the Lyr gives you the option of rolling in different input tubes to achieve the tailered sound you prefer, and if that's not enough, Lyr has enough power to drive cattle and herd cat.

Jun 3, 2011 at 2:09 PM Post #4 of 5
As I also have a Predator and K-702's, and also have an eye at the Lyr, a question poped out in my mind: Would it be possible to use the Predator as a dac to the Lyr?

Jun 3, 2011 at 5:27 PM Post #5 of 5
I agree with Rope 100% Lyr + K702 =
smile.gif
 The available current and dynamics really wake up the K702. Add an SXC cable + 6N23P-EV Military Super Cryo Tubes, and you've got something special. You've probably heard this before, but the K702 is very sensitive to source (one of the most resolving dynamic cans), so be sure your source/dac is up to par. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back