WOW! We're Snowed-In...In U.S. Mid-Atlantic
Feb 7, 2010 at 9:34 PM Post #62 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Camper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My dogs are having a blast until they come in with golfball sized dingleballs of snow throughout their coats.

LOL, Thanx,...I almost sprayed coffee all over my pc..lol
o2smile.gif

Feb 7, 2010 at 9:40 PM Post #63 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Pictures?
We are well familiar with snow and cold weather over here, but I see how it can cause big problems in areas not used or prepared for it.

Hey krmathis!
I rather live in a place where snow can cause big problems than in one that can't. *while biking on the way to the beach*
biggrin.gif

Feb 8, 2010 at 5:12 PM Post #66 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by gilency /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey krmathis!
I rather live in a place where snow can cause big problems than in one that can't. *while biking on the way to the beach*
biggrin.gif

Fair enough!
If the normal is mild winters with no snow that is. But not if the general winter hold decent amount of cold weather and snow. Just not in such extreme variants like the ones mentioned above.

Feb 8, 2010 at 5:34 PM Post #67 of 86
We got a little over 30" in MD, Elkridge County, not too far from here, somehow got 40". I still made it into Northern B'more last night for a Superbowl party but the roads were still pretty bad. The city's practically shut down.

Feb 8, 2010 at 10:48 PM Post #70 of 86
[quopte]
This is caused by global warming. [/quite]

El Nino is a warming of ocean temperatures in the pacific. Crazy winters around here are usually El Nino winters. Take from that what you will.

Feb 8, 2010 at 10:48 PM Post #71 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by kool bubba ice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is caused by global warming.

Yes!!!
eek.gif

Everyone build underground shelters and fill them with food and install solar panels and air conditioners!!!! Its the only way we can survive as a species!!!!

Feb 8, 2010 at 11:33 PM Post #73 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by nealric /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Round two is winding up:
Capital Weather Gang - (washingtonpost.com)

Another 10-20 inches. This is kind of getting absurd.

Wouldn't you know, I'm going back to Lima, driving up tomorrow morning when the storm gets here. Two feet of snow in mid America is unusual but not unheard of. If I didn't have to drive in it, I'd have fun with the dogs.

This used to be fun as a kid, not so much as an adult.

Feb 9, 2010 at 1:55 PM Post #74 of 86
Damn, I love snow. I only saw snow actually snowing only twice, in Poland and in Bulgaria.
Besides that, I saw any snow maybe 5 times in my life (17 years).
It's now at the peak of our winter and it's 19°C and it's sunny, lol. I mean I'm wearing jeans and a sweater but it's not cold.
When I get older I want to live in a nice cold country in Europe.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 9, 2010 at 4:00 PM Post #75 of 86
Oh no I'm not. Two of these in 4 days is too much driving for these nerves. It's not a life support or critical shutdown so I'm snowblowing with my etys/amp. I just might get out with the dogs today at that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back