WOW! We're Snowed-In...In U.S. Mid-Atlantic
Feb 6, 2010 at 6:21 PM Post #17 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by DLeeWebb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They're already calling this snowstorm "historic." I have already heard it called The "Weatherman's Day" snowstorm, "Snowpocalypse," and "Snowmageddon." Is it twenty-four hour news cycle exaggeration, or is it really that bad? Are you snowed-in? Are you listening to music?

That is so funny. I live in NYC and I went to bed last night expecting the worst. I was expecting snowmageddon. I woke up this morning, pulled open my blinds, and nothing, not even a snow flake.

Feb 6, 2010 at 6:23 PM Post #18 of 86
The snowstorm was a big let down. They were predicting up to a foot of snow for my area and we probably got about 3 inches.

Feb 6, 2010 at 6:28 PM Post #19 of 86
That is the most hilarious weather video I've ever seen, Ling. Thanks for posting! We only got like 6 inches here in Blacksburg...I even went out and drove in it.

Feb 6, 2010 at 6:43 PM Post #20 of 86
I live in Glenn Dale, MD, a suburb of Washington DC. Our driveway had 21" of snow at 11:00 today. It is still snowing hard. We will likely have over 30" by the time this is over.

This was a real welcoming treat for me and my family who moved to the DC area from Hawaii this past summer. (HUGE sarcasm intended) Between this and the snowstorm of December 19th (18" of snow), I am SOOOOO sick of snow I could just scream!!!

Feb 6, 2010 at 6:50 PM Post #21 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by 4N6 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I live in Glenn Dale, MD, a suburb of Washington DC. Our driveway had 21" of snow at 11:00 today. It is still snowing hard. We will likely have over 30" by the time this is over.

This was a real welcoming treat for me and my family who moved to the DC area from Hawaii this past summer. (HUGE sarcasm intended) Between this and the snowstorm of December 19th (18" of snow), I am SOOOOO sick of snow I could just scream!!!

Wow. I hope to see some pics of that. Gotta love the white stuff.
evil_smiley.gif

Feb 6, 2010 at 6:53 PM Post #23 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by 4N6 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Uh oh, from to Hawaii to D.C.?

Feb 6, 2010 at 6:54 PM Post #24 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by limpidglitch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is that a serious program?
I can never really tell with American television.

Billy Mays didn't die, he shaved and became a meteorologist.

Feb 6, 2010 at 7:06 PM Post #25 of 86
I love snow. Its about time the east coast had some real snow. I remember the good old days when we would get 2-3 feet in eastern PA. Heaven when you're a kid!

Feb 6, 2010 at 7:10 PM Post #26 of 86
It's a jeep owners dream. I love when it snows like that, I'm out doing donuts and climbing mini mountains the snow plows leave in parking lots. We haven't got any this week (or last fot that matter) in sw Ontario.

Feb 6, 2010 at 7:13 PM Post #27 of 86
i'm also here stuck in the house with 2 feet of snow. It took about 2 hours to shovel but I love snow anyway. It's cozy by the fireplace with my warm hot chocolate. Ok, I don't have a fireplace but i can pretend.

Feb 6, 2010 at 7:15 PM Post #28 of 86
Just saw it on the local news.
Worst snow storm in 90 years around Washington DC, with a snowfall of ~70cm the last 24 hours. That is extreme!

Stay safe!
biggrin.gif

Feb 6, 2010 at 7:38 PM Post #29 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeless /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's a jeep owners dream. I love when it snows like that, I'm out doing donuts and climbing mini mountains the snow plows leave in parking lots. We haven't got any this week (or last fot that matter) in sw Ontario.

I own a Jeep Wrangler. It's great in the snow, but I'm staying within walking distance of home today...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back