WOW! We're Snowed-In...In U.S. Mid-Atlantic
Feb 9, 2010 at 5:57 PM Post #76 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by kool bubba ice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is caused by global warming.

I personally would like to see more global warming. Cause the winter around here have been record cold!
angry_face.gif

Average temperature i January were 6-7 degrees below normal, and for the first time since 1989 icebreakers have had to be called to keep the Oslo fjord open for ship traffic.

For me warming mean higher temperature, not lower. . .

Feb 9, 2010 at 8:59 PM Post #77 of 86
I guess Norway would benefit from global warming, lol. You guys should totally light cans of gasoline on fire.
smily_headphones1.gif

(j/k...I don't want to be liable for fires.)

Feb 10, 2010 at 2:26 AM Post #79 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by guyx1992 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Damn, I love snow. I only saw snow actually snowing only twice, in Poland and in Bulgaria.

You're insane.

Feb 10, 2010 at 4:02 AM Post #80 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by DLeeWebb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's snowing again...it has been snowing for about two hours and we already have another 4 inches. It's not supposed to stop until tomorrow night with wind gusts 60-70 mph possible...I can't wait until Spring!

Pitchers and catchers report next weekend.

Feb 10, 2010 at 6:05 PM Post #82 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by baka1969 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This blows friggin chunks.

It was announced about two hours ago that we're under a blizzard warning. So far, in South-Central Pennsylvania we have gotten about fourteen inches on top of last weekend's snow. It is still snowing. The snow is supposed to taper off this afternoon as the wind begins to increase. Oh, brother!

IMG_0752.jpg

IMG_0754.jpg

IMG_0753.jpg

Feb 10, 2010 at 6:26 PM Post #83 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drag0n /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes!!!
eek.gif

Everyone build underground shelters and fill them with food and install solar panels and air conditioners!!!! Its the only way we can survive as a species!!!!

Only two years to go untill 2012
bigsmile_face.gif

Feb 10, 2010 at 6:33 PM Post #84 of 86
28 inches in the front yard from friday and saturdays storm, aprox 6" more so far today.
They are saying we have another 12" coming today here in Northern Virginia.

I am not really snowed in now, thanks to my plow driving neighbor and my other neighbors snow blower, but the family and I are staying close to home.

Worse than the snow is the school closings... I have been cooped up with my 4 and 6 year olds since friday. Cabin fever is setting in a bit.

If I watch one more Mario Bros, Sonic, TMNT, or Phineas and Ferb I may kill someone.

Feb 10, 2010 at 7:01 PM Post #85 of 86
Here's my neighborhood - I marked one of the snow piles that's probably a little more than 6 ft. tall. Visibility is crap as there's snow blowing everywhere. Fun times!

Snow2.jpg

Feb 10, 2010 at 7:07 PM Post #86 of 86
That's why you don't buy white cars. Remember 1997 (?) in New Jersey, we had snow storm like this. My girfriend's sister had white Nisssan maxima, which did not have remote keyless control. She forgot where she parked, and could not find her car for two days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back