Wow! Sansa Fuze- color me impressed- Fuze appreciation thread
Aug 30, 2009 at 10:22 PM Post #526 of 767
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What's inside? My friend tells me it's this...

Simple high pass filter with audio quality AVX capacitors.
Metal film resistors to a copper contact jack
Silver solder and brilliance wire from the cable for the hookup.

Apart from that, it's really no one's business where I buy anything. I said a friend made it for me at cost, and that should be enough. Really not concerned with what answer you expected, to be honest.

I saw you made a statement about LODs, which I then decided to investigate further, since while I owned one, I was not a heavy user to that point (for convenience sake). Now, since you posted, I am a believer. Checked it out with my own ears. Found I was missing something.

I guess to be a disbeliever, or on the flip side, a believer, you'll have to try it yourself, since it is really the only way to offer an opinion on the matter. Right?

Hi tstarn

That was quite an unpleasant response.

Is there a reason for the secrecy and the unpleasantness?

USG

Aug 30, 2009 at 11:50 PM Post #527 of 767
Secret. Unpleasant. Well, the secrecy is my prerogative. Okay, a friend in Philadelphia made it for me. I don't understand your line of questioning is all. What's who made my LOD got to do with anything?

Second, your view that you expected a better answer actually launched the unpleasantness.

Short and sweet. This is the Fuze appreciation thread, and I appreciate the Fuze, especially when amped via LOD. Until you have said setup, I would say your opinion about needing and LOD is really not relevant. You posted an LOD was not needed for better SQ, I disagree. Leave it at that, since you have no direct experience upon which to base your POV.

Aug 31, 2009 at 12:21 AM Post #528 of 767
Quote:

Secret. Unpleasant. Well, the secrecy is my prerogative. Okay, a friend in Philadelphia made it for me. I don't understand your line of questioning is all. What's who made my LOD got to do with anything?

Second, your view that you expected a better answer actually launched the unpleasantness.

Short and sweet. This is the Fuze appreciation thread, and I appreciate the Fuze, especially when amped via LOD. Until you have said setup, I would say your opinion about needing and LOD is really not relevant. You posted an LOD was not needed for better SQ, I disagree. Leave it at that, since you have no direct experience upon which to base your POV.

I found the connection:

Aren't you a good friend of someone who makes/sells LODs?

I'll let the forum members decide how relevant your posts are now that they know the connection.

USG

Aug 31, 2009 at 2:17 AM Post #529 of 767
Suits me fine. Very funny stuff. The Fuze/LOD/Amo combo sounds better to me. So sue me. What else do you want to hear?

Guess I will "let the forum members decide" if you have heard a custom Fuze LOD for yourself. Wait, I think I know they answer to that. No, you haven't. Decision made.

And no, I am not a "good friend" with someone who makes/sells Fuze LODs. I have a good friend here in Philadelphia, an aviid DIYer, who made an LOD for me at my request, as I already noted. I pointed him in the right direction on finding out how to build one, after reading some good things about it (and enjoying the LOD I had for my Touch).

Are you on some sort of weird personal mission or something? Am I missing something here?

Anyway, you have really gotten the thread off track. If you have something to say from personal experience about using a custom-made LOD for the Fuze, I am sure the forum members would love to hear about it.

Meantime, I will go on making my now-irrelevant posts from time to time.

Aug 31, 2009 at 2:46 AM Post #530 of 767
Hey guys I have used my fuze in a while, but if the LO is an improvement I might like to try one. I have my E5 that I could use for jogging, is the LO interconnect a low profile one? Is is vampire wire? I'd love to see a photo of yours (TS) so I can see the size and bulk of it.

Thanks.

Aug 31, 2009 at 3:15 AM Post #531 of 767
Quote:

Suits me fine. Very funny stuff. The Fuze/LOD/Amo combo sounds better to me. So sue me. What else do you want to hear?

Guess I will "let the forum members decide" if you have heard a custom Fuze LOD for yourself. Wait, I think I know they answer to that. No, you haven't. Decision made.

And no, I am not a "good friend" with someone who makes/sells Fuze LODs. I have a good friend here in Philadelphia, an aviid DIYer, who made an LOD for me at my request, as I already noted. I pointed him in the right direction on finding out how to build one, after reading some good things about it (and enjoying the LOD I had for my Touch).

Are you on some sort of weird personal mission or something? Am I missing something here?

Anyway, you have really gotten the thread off track. If you have something to say from personal experience about using a custom-made LOD for the Fuze, I am sure the forum members would love to hear about it.

Meantime, I will go on making my now-irrelevant posts from time to time.

Oh, never mind.

Aug 31, 2009 at 4:35 PM Post #533 of 767
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ihatepopupads /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey guys I have used my fuze in a while, but if the LO is an improvement I might like to try one. I have my E5 that I could use for jogging, is the LO interconnect a low profile one? Is is vampire wire? I'd love to see a photo of yours (TS) so I can see the size and bulk of it.

Thanks.

Ask and you shall receive. Nice cable is from Whiplash Audio.

Aug 31, 2009 at 5:22 PM Post #534 of 767
Quote:

Ask and you shall receive. Nice cable is from Whiplash Audio.

Thanks TS
biggrin.gif

Sep 4, 2009 at 4:46 PM Post #536 of 767
mmmmmm......

For those who have Foobar2000 and have the Fuze

Download the Noise Sharpening DSP for F2K, install it, enable it and tweak it to 33%.

Listen to F2K then your Fuze that has the same track.
Is it just me or I highly suspect that the Fuze's firmware uses noise sharpening/shaping?

It's just uncanny how both have the same 'sound signature'. ('warm' detailed sound, slightly forward sounding instruments compared to the main centre voice with a recessed rear soundstage).

Sep 4, 2009 at 8:59 PM Post #537 of 767
For my 2 cents here.
I have a LOD for my fuze which I use with 2 different amps running Sennheiser HD595s.
In my opinion the fuze has difficulty driving the 595's from just the headphone socket, the sound is good, but it is definitely better amped (Fuller Sound).
Now if I amp from the headphone socket to get the right level on my amp i need to put the headphone volume at 90 - 100% and once amplified I find this to be slightly distorted (bad amp maybe). With the LOD the input signal is higher and I can use the amp at a lower setting with no distortion and the same amplitude.
In short I enjoy listening to my fuze with LOD and amp and without it less so.

I bought my LOD from Average_Joe in the FS section.

Sep 5, 2009 at 11:34 PM Post #538 of 767
I thought it would be the appropriate place to ask ,
I'm looking for a new player and i was thinking about the fuze 4GB or the iaudio i7 4GB which are about the same price , its for the army and travel , can anyone speak of the comfort of the interface ?

Sep 6, 2009 at 12:17 AM Post #539 of 767
I don't own the i7, but have seen it, and to me, the Fuze interface just seems much easier to use. Just my opionion, mind you. Does the i7 have an expansion card slot (another Fuze extra).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back