would you wear full sized headphones in public?
Oct 10, 2004 at 11:12 PM Post #16 of 79
Sure, why not? I had no problems with the HD-497s and I always see people walking around with V700s. But walking around in a900s wasn't great cuz they moved around too much. But sitting around would be fine.

Oct 10, 2004 at 11:20 PM Post #18 of 79
A few years ago I had my daughter (8 years old) with me when I stopped at a stereo store.

While there I took the oppertunity to listen to a set of electrostatic headphones.

When we left my daughter looked upset and wouldn't speak to me all the way home.

Later, her mother told me that she had been embarassed by my putting those big clunky cans on my head.
frown.gif

Have fun

Ken

Oct 10, 2004 at 11:26 PM Post #19 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by ReDVsion
Been there, done that, got looked at funny.

Thats when you jump up in the air and play a mean air guitar with your toung haning out. Then do the heavy metal hand sign!
600smile.gif

attachment.php

Oct 10, 2004 at 11:28 PM Post #20 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by commando
Nope, you like like a stupid geek/****wit. Well that's what I think when I see people wearing full sized cans in public, when they'd probably get better sound from canal phones.

Just wear some bell bottom pants and some platform shoes and they wont even notice the headphones...
eek.gif

Oct 10, 2004 at 11:35 PM Post #21 of 79
I'm wearing the ATH-W10VTG at the library on a regular basis. But I'm on a very small campus (123 students) so we know each other quite well. To leave the campus, I've px200.

Thinking of this, those cans are a good way to launch a conversation on music. Noone objects to the price since they look cool (well, not on my head
icon10.gif
). Yesterday someone asked me if they were noise-cancelling. He thought that any expensive and good heaphones was a variation of the wonderfull headphones he heard once in a plane... bose cans.
tongue.gif

Oct 10, 2004 at 11:48 PM Post #22 of 79
Yes, as long as the headhone had good grip.

Cheers,
Geek

Oct 10, 2004 at 11:53 PM Post #23 of 79
I wear my K271S's in public every day on my way to and from work... and as far as looking like a stupid geek, see my post in the headphone sightings thread... young white rappers seem to appreciate them
icon10.gif

Oct 11, 2004 at 12:00 AM Post #25 of 79
I have worn my headphones in the heart of Canada's fashion district on Queen Street. No problemo
smily_headphones1.gif

It's kind of a public announcement of your commitment to music - other music geeks (esp. head-fiers) will know and appreciate it. Plus they are good conversation starters with cute girls
tongue.gif

Oct 11, 2004 at 12:03 AM Post #26 of 79
If they were closed, maybe - definitely not going to use HD600s portably, not because of the size, but because of the sound leakage.

But all else being equal, if I had the money for another pair of high-end headphones, I'd almost certainly go for canalphones or IEMs instead of fullsize cans.

~KS

Oct 11, 2004 at 12:23 AM Post #29 of 79
I don't mind how silly I might look wearing my K501s in public, but it would be pointless to wear them outside -- especially here in midtown Manhattan, where the daytime ambient noise of trucks and buses is actually painful -- and 501s have only slightly more isolation than the Qualias and K1000.

I'd be happy to take them on my next flight! (How sweet it is.)

k1000smile.gif
{ AKG when-are-they-gonna-get-a-501-icon Goofus }

Oct 11, 2004 at 12:24 AM Post #30 of 79
I think tomorrow im going to wear in public my Hd595s
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back