would you wear full sized headphones in public?
Oct 12, 2004 at 12:37 PM Post #61 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by mikop
There are simply a lot more wierdos that are more worthy of a double look than someone with a fullsize headphone.

Agreed. I wear my MS-2s everywhere (granted im only in high school), but the main issue is sound leaking everywhere. Others can hear my music as well as I do, and this makes it look like im grabbing for attention when I really just want to enjoy the music. Hopefully after 2 weeks people will get over it. (although I do like showing off how awesome they sound
orphsmile.gif

Oct 12, 2004 at 1:08 PM Post #63 of 79
Personally I used to find people who wore open headphones in public rude. Now I don't really care as my closed headphones block out their music quite nicely.
cool.gif

Oct 12, 2004 at 5:06 PM Post #65 of 79
Thats cool, I guess it depends on the situation. I commute every day, and it is not right to be playing music so that anyone else can hear it on a 1-2 hour commute that early in the morning. People are trying to sleep!
icon10.gif

Oct 12, 2004 at 5:10 PM Post #66 of 79
I think I've told this story before, but it's still funny. My friend was on the fence about getting his SR225s, we just came from Sound by Singer and we were at the coffeeshop section of Barnes and Noble at Union Square. After checking out my portable rig at the time (MS-1, Ipod, Cmoy) He got up to get some mags, and as I was packing everything up to go, *INSERT WIFE PROTECTION PROGRAM HERE* a young asian lady came up to me and asked me if those were Grados that I was wearing. Not wanting to get into the whole Alessandro versus Grado thing, I just said "yep!" Of course being a married man I wrapped up the conversation post haste and rejoined my friend, who was gaping at the escalators. He bought the 225s the next day, perhaps as a last gasp of freedom before he got married the next month.

So, yes, Grados are perfectly acceptable in public
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 12, 2004 at 7:07 PM Post #67 of 79
I will get some MS-1s soon, im sure of that
biggrin.gif

Oct 13, 2004 at 12:45 PM Post #68 of 79
only if they didnt leak too much sound. My Senn590s for example, would definatley be audible to those around me and add to noise pollution.
John

Oct 13, 2004 at 7:11 PM Post #70 of 79
While a friend is in the army ive comendeered his headroom cosmic. I walk around with my hd650s all the time (with ipod).

Although I gotta have all that stuff in a backpack but for fear of bending my cable too much theres a 3m zumobius cable hanging out of the backpack
600smile.gif

People do give me weird looks and ive had numerous people stop and ask me about the setup espically when im sitting at a table in a mall fiddling with the amp or setting up my next playlist on the ipod.

It just matters how much you like music, and how anti-social you are if you wish to do that stuff in public
tongue.gif

Now I just need to get myself a small laptop so I can stream my music from home over the internet via wifi hotspots
biggrin.gif

Oct 13, 2004 at 8:17 PM Post #73 of 79
I don't own a pair of cans. But everyday going to class I wear my Ultimate Ears 5C's. Even with those, I get the ocassional funny look. Because they are see through ear buds. But I dont mind, it helps me avoid the time killing "Stop and Chat" with those I'd rather not talk to. The UE box gets alot of questions and weird looks though.

Good topic!

-Tyler
600smile.gif

Oct 13, 2004 at 8:34 PM Post #74 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by newguy
I would not. I wear the PX 100s in public and think full sized cans look dorky in public.
orphsmile.gif

so i guess sound is not that important to you if you care more about the look of the headphone?
cool.gif

Oct 13, 2004 at 8:38 PM Post #75 of 79
Of course I would, that is, if I knew my Grados were durable enough to handle being transported. I see people running around my school with full-size cans (really really crappy ones...you would not believe the awful sound of some of them), however, they have enough plastic around them to make them basically indestructible enough to be thrown into a locker, beaten up, dropped, etc. Meanwhile I'm activating a forcefield around my Grados to keep dust out. (j/k
biggrin.gif
)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back