would you wear full sized headphones in public?
Oct 10, 2004 at 9:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 79

headphonegeek

100+ Head-Fier
thanks for your answers.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 10, 2004 at 9:23 PM Post #2 of 79
make mine double size
biggrin.gif
with coiled line pls
600smile.gif

isoaltion can be alil problem in traffic but thats a price i can pay for good music, about looks, last i remember i was walking in the rain with flipflops, a big trenchcoat triple my size and green cargo shorts, and i was dancing

Oct 10, 2004 at 9:53 PM Post #5 of 79
If you're talking about them being portable and easy to use in public, then no I wouldn't use full size headphones. It would just be too inconvenient and too much to carry along with the rest of my gear.
tongue.gif

But if you are talking about the stares I would get from people who thought I was just weird, then no I do not mind... I've done many things that got more attention then just big headphones.
orphsmile.gif

And depending on the headphones I might worry about them getting stolen.
rolleyes.gif

Oct 10, 2004 at 10:04 PM Post #7 of 79
I do, and I haven't received any complaints. Full-size, open, big thick cord, it's the way to go. Guys just think I'm a little weird and girls just smile. Most stop and ask me what I'm listening to.

Oct 10, 2004 at 10:08 PM Post #8 of 79
I'm thinking of wearing my A500's tommorrow, but I would have to figure out something to do with its mile long cord.

Edit: Nix that. Looked in the mirror and I look like Princess Leia.
tongue.gif

Oct 10, 2004 at 10:16 PM Post #9 of 79
Why not?
I'm living in a sprawl, and people here are used to weird dresses, piercings, tattoos, funny hats, totally veiled muslimas, even naked people lying around in the park during summer.
A guy wearing full size cans won't get a look, and if, so what?

Oct 10, 2004 at 10:17 PM Post #10 of 79
I think something along the lines of the K1000 may be a little too extreme, you'll be attracting attention like poop does flies. Of course, this is all personal preference. I just like to be low-key.

On the other hand, if a stranger walked by with some A900-sized cans on, I wouldn't think too much of it.

Oct 10, 2004 at 10:41 PM Post #12 of 79
Ack, I think listening to good quality music requires full attention from the listener to really make full sized headphones a viable option. When walking, or driving (god forbid), we are so caught up in getting to where we need to go, studying, etc.. we don't have time to stop what we're doing and enjoy the richness of a Grado or Sennheiser.

It is just not practical... just cause you don't see more people doing it doesn't mean it is awkward... honestly, unless you're in highschool, who really cares or worries about people around them.

If you can't live without the best quality sound equipment, then I'd say wear your audio equipment. But for the more "portable" seeking people like me, stick to earbuds, canalphones, clip ons etc. I mean afterall, iPods and iHPs don't serve as premier sources...

Oct 10, 2004 at 10:56 PM Post #13 of 79
Probably not.

I find it unnerving enough when guys stare at me while I'm wearing my Eggo.

Oct 10, 2004 at 10:56 PM Post #14 of 79
eggos, i would skate and snow board with them even. Ive had my D77s since the mid 90s they are very durable. The cable needed replaced but other then that they are rock solid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back