Worth geting the ER-4P?
Sep 10, 2010 at 7:54 AM Post #16 of 26
Picked it up last week. I am A/Bing it against Atrio right now and DDM does sound better overall - bass doesn't go as deep as the rumbling Atrio, but more fun (definitely a lot more mid-bass), has a better treble and soundstage at the expense of isolation and fit. I will try to write up the review of DDM in two or three weeks (still have other things to write for). In fact, I will have a few lower end Radius models coming in the next week or two.

Quote:
Btw ClieOS, I didn't know you got a pair of the DDMs! I'd be very curious to know what you think - it was your reviews that made me buy the RE0 and get into Head-Fi in the first place! :)

Sep 10, 2010 at 8:05 AM Post #17 of 26
Thanks for all the help guys. I really think it may be best to get the AD900s. The AD900s are an good alrounder without an amp but the only issue for me there would be fit. But apparently the AD900s are one of the most comfortable cans out there. Also there are absolutely no AD900s being sold on ebay so that may give me a degree of advantage should I decide to sell it.

The fact that the DDMs are being compared to the Atrios puts me off as the Atrio type of sound didn't impress me. Oh well, I guess it's all about the experience!

I don't think that the AD900s are too overpriced in Australia also at $323?

Sep 10, 2010 at 8:10 AM Post #18 of 26
Seems like a reasonable price. They cost about $250 USD from the usual overseas places. You could use the remainder to buy some accessories for your RE0 or something :)

Sep 10, 2010 at 8:14 AM Post #19 of 26
I have to add $24 on top of the $299 to get them
tongue.gif

Re0s are as perfect as they could be for the $80 I paid for them, and as far as I am concerned they whoop the Atrios with their clarity.

Sep 10, 2010 at 8:19 AM Post #20 of 26
ProjectDenz - if you can get a refund from Headphonic (and if the Atrios were defective, then you *are* entitled to one), then I have a set of mint AD900's I'm looking to sell very soon - and obviously for less than the brand new price! Let me know if you're interested.

EDIT: And yes, the AD900s are very comfortable. I am extremely fussy with headphone comfort/fit, and these are brilliant in that respect. You can easily forget you're wearing them!

Sep 10, 2010 at 8:21 AM Post #21 of 26
Given that you like the RE0 sound signature, I think there is a very good chance you will like the AD series sound as well.

Sep 10, 2010 at 8:23 AM Post #22 of 26
I will see how this pans out. I am expecting a lot of resistance against a refund especially since we are located at opposite sides of the map and the fact that I paid via bank deposit.

Clieo would you consider than AD900s to be very comfortable that don't clamp the ears? I have a big head and full sized cans have always been a pain.

Thanks.

Sep 10, 2010 at 8:37 AM Post #23 of 26
Well they have that return policy. If they don't fit return them and just get something else. :D

Sep 10, 2010 at 9:04 AM Post #25 of 26
Yep, AT's AD and A series big cans are extremely comfortable. In fact it would be those who have a small head that need to worry about not getting enough clamping force.

Quote:
Clieo would you consider than AD900s to be very comfortable that don't clamp the ears? I have a big head and full sized cans have always been a pain.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back