Worst IEM you owned so far
Jan 18, 2010 at 5:53 AM Post #46 of 83
Koss (where are the highs & why do you keep fallin out) "The Plug",
Hey you've got to start somewhere.

Jan 18, 2010 at 5:55 AM Post #47 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by evillamer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
10years ago, Sony MDR-e888LP and MDR-e484 was the most referenced earbud, along with the MX400/500s.

They still sound great until now.

Jan 18, 2010 at 6:03 AM Post #48 of 83
Hmmm... this should be one of the more intriguing (and fun) threads of the new year.

Based on the IEMs I've owned before and judging them solely on a relative scale, the worst perhaps would be the CX300. Admittedly, when I first had it (it was also the first time in IEM territory) the detail was really not commendable but the bass (i.e. warmth) is more than adequate for me. But when I jumped the gun on the Metro.Fi 2s, I immediately shelved the CX300s until a friend bought it from me.

Also, the SCL2's sound sig kind of suck now after getting my TF10s. Although I loved the comfot it gave my ears (I can sleep while it's on my ears!
biggrin.gif
) the sound sig was very harsh coming from the TF10s. It's just the mids that were endurable, everything else sounded...crummy.

Jan 18, 2010 at 6:08 AM Post #49 of 83
Meelectronics AI-M9...Yes this incredible performance earphone is the worst i've "owned". Not heard, but Owned

Jan 18, 2010 at 6:22 AM Post #50 of 83
The worst IEMs that I had owned were Koss The Plug (on an absolute scale) and Shure E2c (the lows were muddy and the highs spitty and muffled simultaneously). My particular Sony EX71SLW was a close dishonorable mention (it literally grinds my ears with its screechy highs). The latter two IEMs were by far my two poorest values since I didn't pay much for those Plugs.

On the other hand, my best value of those IEMs that I've owned is not my Shure SE310, nor is it my Etymotic ER-4S - but my Sony MDR-EX300LP. Though the EX300 is no match for either the SE310 or the ER-4S in absolute sound quality, it cost me only one-third as much as either of those other two. My Denon AH-C351 would have been tied with the EX300 for value if it weren't for the fit issues that I had with the C351.

Jan 18, 2010 at 6:23 AM Post #51 of 83
Skullcandy Smokin' Bud followed by the SE110.

EP630's were my first IEM and i loved them, then they died, got the Smokin' Buds as I needed a new IEM quick. ugh returned them fast. Then some $40 panasonics(so so) then the sony whatevers that came with my s639. Then finally some RE0's, 252's and TF10's.

But the Skullcandy and SE110's both were returned and both were horrible.

Jan 18, 2010 at 6:53 AM Post #53 of 83
probobly the JVC FX33, i couldnt wear them for more then 15 minutes stright, the silibance was like someone was scraping my ear drum,

the triple.fi 10 deserve a honorable mention thanks to the hard and heavy cable that made the horrible fit even worst by tugging the earphones out of my ear,

Jan 18, 2010 at 7:38 AM Post #55 of 83
creative zen's stock earbud.. worst but free

Jan 18, 2010 at 7:43 AM Post #56 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by heishiro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
creative zen's stock earbud.. worst but free

Back in 2003, I had a friend who after listening to my ER4p, still prefers his stock creative earbuds. He says it sounds better, as the ER4p was presenting too much music inside his "head"(i think he meant the soundstage)

Jan 18, 2010 at 11:16 AM Post #58 of 83
Hmm, I have to say the Westone UM2. The cable was itchy and stiff, and the sound was just dull. The Shure E5C is in the same league, just plain boring. Now the super.fi 5 Pro on the other hand, was the biggest surprise. Exciting, transparant and lively sound. Still to date the best I've ever heard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back