WORST headphone you ever heard?
Jun 7, 2013 at 11:02 PM Post #796 of 1,786
Quote:
Agh... the crap they dare to pass on the airplanes for listening to music or the avod. It feels wrong (really... the mould must have been a basketball of some sorts), sounds wrong (unless classical music is done on plastic instruments?) and when you put em on, the whole airplane can listen in (no adult movies for you naughty boy!). And to cream it off... who invented those totally retardulous airplane 2 entry jacks anyway?? Worst... prevention invention ever...

I was reading through this thread and the first HP that went through my mind was the airplane headphone.  I have no idea who even makes these.  The two prong jack, the design, the fit, the lack of quality material, and the nastiest audio soundstage ever created by man.  The tablet and laptop will make these beasts go away but not the nightmares they created.  Best of all you were, at one point, forced to pay for these to watch movies on their miniature low def screens.

Jun 8, 2013 at 3:10 AM Post #797 of 1,786
Quote:
M80 & 100 go to my list. They dont feel & sound great for their original price.
Never going that way again.

Would have to agree.

M80 is by far the worst sounding headphone I have heard (out of headphones that cost money). Sound coming out of a metal can?

Actual worst; a $0.01 pair deal I got from slickdeals.net. Shipped here from China, in a fake iPod touch case. Cable was probably 2 feet long. I think my vocal cord can reproduce sound better than that piece of crap. Listened for 5 seconds and directly trashed it.

Jun 8, 2013 at 3:36 AM Post #798 of 1,786
Maybe? It's a 53-page thread; somebody's named every headphone on this planet by now.

Also, there's no such thing as a headphone called the "Monster Studio Pro". I assume you mean the Beats Pro because you used the word balanced and that's as balanced as one of their models gets, but Monster no longer manufactures Beats headphones and the Studio is as unbalanced as anything else I've heard.

yeah, i mean Beats Pro as it now, but I suppose at that time it was sold as Monster Studio Pro. Anyway they sound really balanced, meaning not U shaped and not mid centric. Its highs, mids and lows come with equal proportion. Maybe lows frequencies are bit more emphasized. ssrock64, I would repeat it again - stock earphones are horrible :) sorry for trolling

Jun 8, 2013 at 7:35 PM Post #800 of 1,786
I don't think there is such "WORST" headphone in the market at least for all the established brand names that we are so familiar with, although I've once made semblance of the acoustic of the Royal Albert Hall to that of a 300 pounds headphone, and that of the Royal Opera House to a 30 pounds headphone, and the O2 to a 3 pounds one......no exaggeration! 
deadhorse.gif
 If you're used to the sound of T1, HD850, TH900 and the likes, don't waste you money buying ticket going to those "renowned" venues.

Jun 8, 2013 at 11:59 PM Post #802 of 1,786
Sorry for being off topic quite a bit, just talking about it's more to me the "WORST" performing venues rather than the "WORST" headphone I've ever heard, since for headphone it's always personal thing, but being in those inferior sounding venues it is not always easy just to stand up and leave.
triportsad.gif

Jun 9, 2013 at 12:13 AM Post #803 of 1,786
A year ago I bought a pair of fake Beats Tour. Upon hearing them, I realised I wasted like 40 bucks. The highs were so piercing, no low end response and mid seems completely missing. What I was hearing seems like static.

Jun 9, 2013 at 3:43 AM Post #804 of 1,786
Quote:
Could you clarify that? I'm not sure I follow.

He's talking about concert venues in London - comparing their acoustic quality in monetary value to comparable headphones.

Jun 9, 2013 at 9:18 AM Post #805 of 1,786
Delta Airlines ear buds. :mad:

Jun 9, 2013 at 4:48 PM Post #807 of 1,786
Ya I would say headphones that you get to use when you are flying on a airplane are very bad and cheap. I do goto Japan once in 2 years or so and I remember long time agao I use to use the ones that give us and they sounded like a small boom box system. Also the jets were loud so I had to have them up loud to hear my music. But I guess the two worse ones I had was the ones used on the airplane and the Aiwa lightweight headphones back when I was around 16 or so they were like the cheapest ones at Best Buy and they sounded bad. But since that time it was like my first headphones that would be mine so my mom didn't get me nice ones. But after a year or so I get the best lightweight ones. I got the Sony MDR-G73LP and they sounded great like the band was right front of me. Also other guys called me the future boy since I had the cool headphones and a Sony MD player. Back then everyone was using CDs or so. This was in my school days btw. But since around 10 years agao I been using my own headphones when I goto Japan since they sound much better. I' am 28 now btw. I been a Sony fan and always liked there headphones since they sounded great. I remember around 2002 or so I got the MDR-V150 and V300 and also around 2009 I got the MDR-NC6. I do have the V150 still and the V600 I had got back around 2002. I got the V600 from Nebraska Furniture Mart in Omaha, NE they were $100. I do think the headphones I have sound great so I bring them when I' am at my grandparents house also in Japan. I will use my NC6 when I go to Japan this fall again since they work the best when on the airplane.

Jun 9, 2013 at 6:01 PM Post #808 of 1,786
Beats aren't THAT bad. Sure, they aren't worth the money that you pay for them, but they are definetly better than IBuds, skullcandy's, and even some of the lower sony's, etc. and some of the people on this thread are just trying to look impressive by calling some of the higher end headphones terrible.. If you think that the audio technica ath-900's are the worst, then you must jave never listened to the headphones that they give you in coach on airplanes.

Jun 9, 2013 at 6:37 PM Post #809 of 1,786
I did wonder that is the reason why people say Bose and Beats are bad because they are just overpriced? Basically the sound isn't good enough for the price you pay for it? Since I just think that they would be good if the price was a lot lower but because it is soo expensive I just think people start to hate Bose and Beats. I think now correct me if I' am wrong but for Bose and Beats you are paying for the name rather than sound and built right? I' am not a fan of Beats eather way so it doesn't matter. I' am a Sony fan but that is in a budget and at least with Sony you aren't paying for the name like Bose and Beats so I do save a lot of money getting Sony instead of Bose or Beats.

Also for Skullcandy I always thought that they were not good even never tried them since it looked like more of a fashion headphones than sound to me when I saw one. Beats and Skullcandy looked cool but I think they are all about the looks. Also I see people saying Skullcandy is bad also so I guess I was right.

Jun 9, 2013 at 6:42 PM Post #810 of 1,786
You know, Skullcandy is capable of making decent hps. Their aviators surprised me.

Beats and Bose, are backed by all the fancy names. A world famous rapper, and a MIT professor. The fact the bose was created by a MIT professor makes people think "wow, these must be very very good". In fact, their mind is so stereotyped, that many of my friends thinks that bose is better than DT1350.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back