WORST headphone you ever heard?
Jan 11, 2013 at 5:27 AM Post #451 of 1,786
Skullcandy FMJ: sounds like a power drill played at full blast through a tin can into your ears while you're on fire and being electrocuted at the same time

Jan 11, 2013 at 6:49 AM Post #452 of 1,786
Quote:
Skullcandy FMJ: sounds like a power drill played at full blast through a tin can into your ears while you're on fire and being electrocuted at the same time

So they improved them? Last time I heard those they sounded like all of the above, but while being waterboarded...

Jan 16, 2013 at 7:44 AM Post #454 of 1,786
Finally i found out what my worst were:
Pionner SE-MJ55 i think is the exact name.
For all of you who ever complained about conmfort, try these if you got the balls. I could not listen to them for over 5 minutes withouth having a huge pain all over my ears.

Also the sound quality was kinda meh.

Jan 24, 2013 at 1:58 AM Post #459 of 1,786
Koss Pro4AAAT

Ugh...sorry I love most Koss headphones, but I don't know what was so wrong with this thing.
Had this weird plasticy resonance and not enough treble.

It's officially the first expensive headphone I actually threw out.

NOTE: Supposedly the 4AAT is much better. This is an open version.

Oh and it's not really the worst..that's still the Kicker HP541 or D1100 from Denon.

Jan 24, 2013 at 2:09 AM Post #460 of 1,786
Quote:

I had a pair of those. Bought them on eBay for $8. Sold them to a friend for $15.
Ha

Guess he wasn't such a good friend haha

Recently I heard some "Coby" headphones, "Studio Style", OMG the cave effect! It was like Triports^2!! Awful!!

Found a picture of them, real, real crap:

http://www.shoppingnexus.com/electronics/pr/coby-professional-studio-monitor-headphones.html

Jan 24, 2013 at 2:12 AM Post #462 of 1,786
Quote:
Guess he wasn't such a good friend haha

Recently I heard some "Coby" headphones, "Studio Style", OMG the cave effect! It was like Triports^2!! Awful!!

Found a picture of them, real, real crap:

http://www.shoppingnexus.com/electronics/pr/coby-professional-studio-monitor-headphones.html

Regardless of whether he was a good friend or not, I knew I could sell them to him, so I did.

I actually wanted to get a pair of those Coby ones..
Not really anymore, but I did want to. 

Jan 24, 2013 at 2:27 AM Post #464 of 1,786
In no particular order...

HD280
AE1 (original triprot)
$300 Monster junk-cans on display at my local Frys
$200 Monster junk cans on display at my local Frys

Users who are viewing this thread

Back