WORST headphone you ever heard?
Dec 20, 2012 at 10:11 PM Post #436 of 1,786
in Ears i bought for 5$ in Mexico,

Funny thing is I bought them last week to replace my Earbuds from Sony

They sound very deep and ruined every song i played, I only listened to 1 before throwing them out. Waste of money in every way, Tought me to only trust brands.

Also they said EXTRA BASS and they did, pure bass, no sound whatsoever

Dec 21, 2012 at 3:48 AM Post #437 of 1,786
Quote:
in Ears i bought for 5$ in Mexico,
Funny thing is I bought them last week to replace my Earbuds from Sony
They sound very deep and ruined every song i played, I only listened to 1 before throwing them out. Waste of money in every way, Tought me to only trust brands.
Also they said EXTRA BASS and they did, pure bass, no sound whatsoever

Were these them? http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDR-ED12LP-SLV-Earbuds-Silver/dp/B0015AM38Q/ref=pd_bxgy_e_text_y

My friend keeps recommending these to me, but I can't find much input on them here.

Dec 21, 2012 at 6:16 AM Post #438 of 1,786
JLAB Bombora. I found these on Amazon and in a moment of weakness bought them on one of there lightning deals. Nice looking headphones. Kind of look like Skullcandy Aviators. Had some good reviews but don't have good sound at all. Do yourself a favor and stay away from these. For the same money or even less get the Sony V6.

Dec 24, 2012 at 3:53 AM Post #439 of 1,786
Quote:
Were these them? http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDR-ED12LP-SLV-Earbuds-Silver/dp/B0015AM38Q/ref=pd_bxgy_e_text_y

My friend keeps recommending these to me, but I can't find much input on them here.

I have a pair of these as a throw around item in my mom's car for those times when I help her with physical stuff she can't do and I happen to forget my headphones: how specific their purpose is, is inversely related to their sound quality. They are comfortable and don't fall off my ears, but they tangle like spagetti; really. I suspected their durability a lot but they have been able to sit in her car (under the sun sometimes) for years now which I find impressive. Sony has the guts to advertise these as "bassy" earbuds, but oh man are they wrong. They are as balanced as they come, which is not a bad thing. They sound better than their price suggests but you could do better by spending a few more dollars.

Dec 24, 2012 at 3:58 AM Post #440 of 1,786
The white Ipod style earphones that came with this Mp3 player:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/New-Black-Mini-Metal-Clip-MP3-Player-for-2GB-4GB-8GB-16GB-Micro-SD-TF-Card-/310546441126?pt=Other_MP3_Players&hash=item484e02a3a6

The earphones are the very definition of 'thin' sounding. The Mp3 player interesting enough shared the same sonic qualities. 

Dec 24, 2012 at 8:41 AM Post #441 of 1,786
I'm sorry to say the first one to come to mind is the Crossfade LP. I like V-Moda as a brand, and I also like the M-80 and M-100, but I really don't know what they were trying for with this hp. Just really muddy with very little definition. Like listening to speakers covered with a blanket. 

Dec 31, 2012 at 1:15 PM Post #443 of 1,786
Quote:
The absolute worst IEMs I've owned we're a pair of $16 fake Beats Tours. I was listening g to a podcast and after EQing the treble all the way up, I still couldn't understand what the guy was saying. The worst "legit" IEMs were the orange buds from Deal Extreme.

Quote:
Lol why din't you introduce him to good cans? I'm sure Beats have a high resale value, with all 6 he can get some really nice stuff, and why 6? does each Solo sound different from the other?  That's how bad their Quality Control is?
biggrin.gif

LMAO
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif

Dec 31, 2012 at 8:41 PM Post #446 of 1,786
I posted a few pages back. Forget about that. Completely.
My friend brought a pair of knockoff sony earphones in Guatemala. Wow. I am amazed by how poorly they perform; they don't even compare to those super basic black earbuds with the red and blue identifiers, or even with the blue mono earbud they gave me taking a tour in Europe. There's no contest here. They weren't even comfortable! They really don't do anything well whatsoever. They look like these but without the sony logo:

I literaly broke them apart in one move (which was an incredibly easy task)  and gave him the new pair of XBA-1s I bought (I bought 2 pairs as they were only about 35 USD in a Sony store! And BTW, I just LOVE these little BA IEMs; They sound better than the XBA-2 and XBA-3 to my ears. I am really impressed). 

Dec 31, 2012 at 9:08 PM Post #447 of 1,786
ATH-A700's.

Completely lifeless and artificial sound. Everything about it was incredibly "un-enjoyable". Large inflated bass felt like it was out of place, the mid-range was completely dull and the high's were overtly shrill. Just so bad. Literally nothing except trance sounded ok with these, and even trance music was hard to listen to.

Jan 6, 2013 at 4:48 AM Post #449 of 1,786
I can't say much about Cans but I'll bite on IEM's, can wise the worst I've heard weren't really bad so I won't include them, fake IE8's, dollar store buds and my girlfriends in ears with the Batman logo. She tells me they are pretty good. I tell her it's a bad idea for you to let me listen but she makes me anyways and then gets angry when I say they're terrible. Fake IE8's might take the cake though and for those of you wondering, I got a refund for them and I the seller refused them so I got them back in the mail literally like a year later. They were the biggest definition of awful. Tinny, horrible channel imbalance, no bass, different isolation in each ear with isolation being terrible, just awful in every conceivable way. 

Jan 6, 2013 at 9:25 PM Post #450 of 1,786

Users who are viewing this thread

Back