WORST headphone you ever heard?
Feb 23, 2014 at 11:30 PM Post #1,141 of 1,786
  Vmoda Crossfade LP's. My hd280's recently broke after several years and I did no research on what to get. They sound just like beats with just bloated bass and no mids. Only thing I can think of that I immediately returned to Amazon.

I think a case like this is less that they're terrible headphones and more you bought a product that was wildly outside of your desired sound. 

Feb 24, 2014 at 9:53 AM Post #1,143 of 1,786
  very true. we often conflate different and bad, and that's not a good thing to do. 

Yeah. I think it's important, when rating a product, to ask what it was trying to do and then decide how well it achieved that goal and if it did so at a good price point. Otherwise it's like watching There Will be Blood and complaining that there weren't enough car chases. 

Feb 24, 2014 at 4:24 PM Post #1,144 of 1,786

Yeah. I think it's important, when rating a product, to ask what it was trying to do and then decide how well it achieved that goal and if it did so at a good price point. Otherwise it's like watching There Will be Blood and complaining that there weren't enough car chases. 

That's fair. I was new to headphones in general at the time and only had the HD280's for reference. I mean the Vmoda LP were trying to compete with beats, and they did that very well in terms of sound and aesthetics. They were not wildly outside of my sound though, as I own a pair of DT770 premiums and think they are awesome for trap and other electronic. 

Feb 24, 2014 at 5:55 PM Post #1,145 of 1,786

That's fair. I was new to headphones in general at the time and only had the HD280's for reference. I mean the Vmoda LP were trying to compete with beats, and they did that very well in terms of sound and aesthetics. They were not wildly outside of my sound though, as I own a pair of DT770 premiums and think they are awesome for trap and other electronic. 

I have a pair of DT770s (pro, admittedly), and man they ain't even the same idea as the Beats/LP/Monster types. 

Side note: it bugs me to no end that DJs have stolen the term "trap" from hip hop, LOL. Far as I'm concerned, there's only one type of trap music...

Feb 24, 2014 at 11:26 PM Post #1,146 of 1,786
I have a pair of DT770s (pro, admittedly), and man they ain't even the same idea as the Beats/LP/Monster types. 

Side note: it bugs me to no end that DJs have stolen the term "trap" from hip hop, LOL. Far as I'm concerned, there's only one type of trap music...

Trap as in the electronic music? Or as in the cheapa** stuff with Katy Perry and stuff.

Feb 25, 2014 at 12:29 AM Post #1,147 of 1,786
Trap as in the electronic music? Or as in the cheapa** stuff with Katy Perry and stuff.

Augh this is exactly what I mean, hahaha. Trap ain't either of those. It's a hip hop style that emerged in the south, chiefly Atlanta. The "trap" refers to the dope dealing game. Electronic artists took the heavy reliance on 808 drums, thick bass lines and whatnot and started calling it "trap" as well and it's driving me crazy because when I look for trap playlists on spotify I get all the wrong stuff.

Here (NSFW language)

Feb 25, 2014 at 12:57 PM Post #1,151 of 1,786
I hate the Sennheiser HD-518's! Not very musical.

Feb 25, 2014 at 2:19 PM Post #1,152 of 1,786
Any headphone that an airline provides...

Feb 25, 2014 at 5:41 PM Post #1,153 of 1,786
  Any headphone that an airline provides...

This man speaks the truest truth that has ever been told. I've had the priviledge of sitting Bussiness class, and I can say that even though the headphones that they give you are more comfortable, they still don't sound that great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back