WORST headphone you ever heard?
Dec 9, 2013 at 3:15 AM Post #976 of 1,786
Worst one I've heard has to the the sklcndy sklcrshrs (too unworthy to be spelt right). It sound like someone said "Screw the treble! Let's have a bass only headphone! Have a nice distorted crappy bass and everyone will buy it!"

If you turn the mono-tone, vibrators to their lowest setting, they don't sound too bad. Not anywhere near their price tag, but one could do a lot worse. 
At first I thought "these would be kinda fun for teenagers" the whole concept of 'car-rattling-sub-woofer' style sound. But it's implemented so badly. The Vibrators only activate at a limited range and cuts off around 30-40hz.... so if a song has some juicy sub-bass, the vibrator doesn't activate and you feel like putting the headphone in a microwave. 

Dec 9, 2013 at 5:21 AM Post #978 of 1,786
For the longest time, I used just apple ear buds, but on time last year, they all seem to break around the same time. I simply CANT walk my 40 minutes to my school without music, so I scavenged my house and found these ear buds, all black and dusty, with not writing, brand, nothing. The cord was extremely thin and I mean extremely. I'd almost think it was a wire. 

Anyways, I plugged them into my old ipod and turned on A Day In The Life by the Beatles. And there was no sound, so I was ready to take out the earbuds and then as I was taking them out, they started working, but only when the plug was half way in the socket. The sound was practically a drone of noise, with no fine line between highs, mids, and lows. But what made it the worse was about half way into the walk, when it started to break. The earbuds cancelled out practically all the highs and lows, and all I heard was the mids. I hadn't even gotten two thirds into the walk when it stopped working.

That was about the time I started looking for headphones and a year later, I'm looking for my first audiophile headphones :D

Dec 9, 2013 at 2:41 PM Post #979 of 1,786
1971 Realistic Nova 30's. Everything sounded mediocre, except for the bass, which was muffled and horrible. This alone did not make these that bad, but whenever you had audio with both bass AND treble/midrange the rest of the sound became terribly quiet. It was like someone had control over a bass knob, and when the song had any low frequencies, they turned it way up, blotting out the rest of the song. I ended up gutting these, rewiring them and changing the drivers to a pair from an old gaming headset. The soundstage on them was so fantastic that they became my daily listeners.
tongue.gif

Dec 9, 2013 at 11:26 PM Post #980 of 1,786
The Brainwavz Delta's aren't too far back with worst along with the Maxell earphones I bought on emergency from a pharmacy in Denver. Followed by these crap ass Sentry earphones that were ID America Spark clones. 

Dec 11, 2013 at 6:43 PM Post #984 of 1,786
Pair of kids headphones that my little brother had... I was just curious.

Dec 13, 2013 at 9:18 PM Post #988 of 1,786
AKG Q350??? When you brought the AKG Up, it reminded me of my purchase of these sonic abortions a little over a year ago. They were so bad, such utter garbage, with hollow thin mids and bloaty bass, that I took them back within minutes. Truly the worst headphones that didn't mean to be worst headphones ever.

Dec 13, 2013 at 10:38 PM Post #990 of 1,786
Hahaha don't you hate that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back