Worst Fanboys?
Nov 29, 2011 at 5:08 AM Post #211 of 636

Anyone else fancy joining my new fan-boy cult for the Boostaroo ?

This thing doesn't get enough love on here, honestly it gives up enough volume to make a pair of K701's sound far too loud via
it's fixed volume - no joke!

If you can find a crappier portable amp ~ I'll send you my rig +  a carton of beer from Australia ~ somehow I don't think I'm worried 
smile.gif

Nov 29, 2011 at 5:31 AM Post #212 of 636

Quote:

Anyone else fancy joining my new fan-boy cult for the Boostaroo ?

This thing doesn't get enough love on here, honestly it gives up enough volume to make a pair of K701's sound far too loud via
it's fixed volume - no joke!

If you can find a crappier portable amp ~ I'll send you my rig +  a carton of beer from Australia ~ somehow I don't think I'm worried 
smile.gif

I thought they were Australian made. I was wrong. 
biggrin.gif

Nov 29, 2011 at 5:37 AM Post #213 of 636
Apples fan boys no doubt. Apple makes good tech but not the best. Apple fan boys tend to spew nonsensical facts with no background evidence.

Nov 29, 2011 at 5:44 AM Post #214 of 636

Quote:
Apples fan boys no doubt. Apple makes good tech but not the best. Apple fan boys tend to spew nonsensical facts with no background evidence.

I'm an Apple user but not a fanboy and I agree with you completely. They tend to defend their gear no matter what. Arguments include - the iPhone felt real good in our hands (err yeah), MAC displays are the best (actually it's the wallpaper), they use exotic materials (yeah right, helicopter glass that breaks easily), they look beautiful (correct) and the famous quote "specs don't matter, macs don't have lag" (biggest lie told in history, in some cases my MBP lags to death). 

Nov 29, 2011 at 5:48 AM Post #215 of 636

Quote:
I'm an Apple user but not a fanboy and I agree with you completely. They tend to defend their gear no matter what. Arguments include - the iPhone felt real good in our hands (err yeah), MAC displays are the best (actually it's the wallpaper), they use exotic materials (yeah right, helicopter glass that breaks easily), they look beautiful (correct) and the famous quote "specs don't matter, macs don't have lag" (biggest lie told in history, in some cases my MBP lags to death). 

I'm also a mac fan but the whole "It just works" statement is false when i have seen so many macs with issues. I have seen the macs on display at best buy and i am amazed they don't overheat. I didn't see an air vent for a fan.

Nov 29, 2011 at 5:55 AM Post #216 of 636

Quote:
I'm also a mac fan but the whole "It just works" statement is false when i have seen so many macs with issues. I have seen the macs on display at best buy and i am amazed they don't overheat. I didn't see an air vent for a fan.

Macs do have an incredible ease of use but they do overheat however (My MBP, iPods). Am I going to buy a Mac again? The answer is not really. Only the Macbook Airs is worth my hard earned money. I wouldn't even consider the MBP, iMac or the Mac Pros.

Nov 29, 2011 at 7:17 AM Post #217 of 636
At least before the Mac could stay a little mysterious with its IBM PowerPC CPU n such, but now they use the same parts that regular PCs and the same video cards but sell them for a lot more. Maybe people think they used "Space shuttle technology" on their version of the GTX580 or whatever?
tongue.gif
I was looking at a comparison with the Fuze and Ipod somewhere and in the comments one fanboy was actually saying "well blah blah yes of course because Apple use superior components" wow really? IIRC a lot of Apple stuff is made by plain old Foxconn.........

I will have to add all the folks with expensive gear who have to feel they are better than others, and the folks who go along with things just to try and "fit in" with this crew.

Nov 29, 2011 at 7:25 AM Post #218 of 636

Quote:
At least before the Mac could stay a little mysterious with its IBM PowerPC CPU n such, but now they use the same parts that regular PCs and the same video cards but sell them for a lot more. Maybe people think they used "Space shuttle technology" on their version of the GTX580 or whatever?
tongue.gif
I was looking at a comparison with the Fuze and Ipod somewhere and in the comments one fanboy was actually saying "well blah blah yes of course because Apple use superior components" wow really? IIRC a lot of Apple stuff is made by plain old Foxconn.........

I will have to add all the folks with expensive gear who have to feel they are better than others, and the folks who go along with things just to try and "fit in" with this crew.

Yes but they pretty. (real reason they sell)

Nov 29, 2011 at 6:55 PM Post #222 of 636
Helicopter window panels are made of plastic. Glass is too brittle. Maybe Apple's lying. :0

Nov 29, 2011 at 8:20 PM Post #225 of 636

Quote:
Poor man. Blinded by the LCD-2. Hey, have LCD-2 fanboys been mentioned yet? ... Just kidding 
tongue_smile.gif
 Honestly I think they're greatly lacking for the price, but they're not bad headphones. I like my KNS8400 more though 
tongue.gif

Spoken like a true member of Team Treble-head.
biggrin.gif

Why are so many afraid of real life bass?
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back