Worst Fanboys?
Nov 28, 2011 at 4:09 PM Post #196 of 636
Yeah well the way he writes makes me question his methodology and understanding just as much as the marketingspeak.  He's not just running tests, he wants to find problems.  Which means to me that he likely is not doing things in a very open minded, scientific way like he claims.  He's biased.  You can't get accurate results running an experiment or test if you want to find a certain kind of result.  Whether his results are actually accurate or not, I cannot say, I just don't trust him one bit and so I don't really care what he has to say. 

Nov 28, 2011 at 4:21 PM Post #197 of 636

Quote:
His style of writing and attitude may be harsh but essentially what he's doing is publishing test results, which sometimes turn out to be very conflicting with the specifications published by the manufacturers themselves. Shame on who now? 

Although 10% of his findings are critical gotcha's, the other 90% of the findings, even if they are valid, are so myopic or insubstantial, that they really don't matter. It's like the cop that gives you a speeding ticket for going 3 mph over. Dickishness should only be reserved for the significant stuff.

Nov 28, 2011 at 4:39 PM Post #198 of 636
Btw Purrin, interesting posts on the LCD3 thread (Don't Get Fooled by Measurements). What do you think of the Etymotic sound signature (ER4/HF5)?

Nov 28, 2011 at 4:44 PM Post #199 of 636
I've never heard those. I'm kind of an IEM noob, although Anax is getting me into them now. Love the UERM. Can't wait to try the ES5.

Nov 28, 2011 at 5:03 PM Post #201 of 636

Quote:
I've never heard those. I'm kind of an IEM noob, although Anax is getting me into them now. Love the UERM. Can't wait to try the ES5.

I see... What got me interested in IEMs was trying out the Etymotic HF5 ($99). If flat response is what anyone strives to look for in a headphone, they should really try these Etymotics. They're great for their asking price imo. 

Quote:
Heya,

The worst fanboys around here are headphone fanboys who don't even have, or have extensively listened to, the headphones they're gushing and copy/pasting to others on the internet.

Very best,

Very true.

Nov 28, 2011 at 6:21 PM Post #202 of 636

Quote:

Although 10% of his findings are critical gotcha's, the other 90% of the findings, even if they are valid, are so myopic or insubstantial, that they really don't matter. It's like the cop that gives you a speeding ticket for going 3 mph over. Dickishness should only be reserved for the significant stuff.

Well said!

Nov 28, 2011 at 6:35 PM Post #203 of 636

Quote:
Heya,

The worst fanboys around here are headphone fanboys who don't even have, or have extensively listened to, the headphones they're gushing and copy/pasting to others on the internet.

Very best,

+1. +1. +1. Argh. Does me 'ead in so it does.

Nov 28, 2011 at 7:37 PM Post #204 of 636

Quote:
Heya,

Very best,

X3
Thats why i listen as many headphones as i can before commenting, lol

Nov 28, 2011 at 8:53 PM Post #205 of 636

Quote:
Btw Purrin, interesting posts on the LCD3 thread (Don't Get Fooled by Measurements). What do you think of the Etymotic sound signature (ER4/HF5)?

I actually owned both and let's say team Treble-fi and Bass-shy would appreciate them.
tongue.gif

(I sold them off within a few months and never really looked back).

Nov 28, 2011 at 9:19 PM Post #207 of 636
Here's a group of fanboys (or anti-fanboys) I'd like to add: The "I hate everything so that I can look cool fanboy".

Really, this isn't high school....that attitude isn't really needed in a headphone forum.

Nov 29, 2011 at 1:45 AM Post #208 of 636
Quote:
Here's a group of fanboys (or anti-fanboys) I'd like to add: The "I hate everything so that I can look cool fanboy".

Really, this isn't high school....that attitude isn't really needed in a headphone forum.

I call them hipsters. 

Nov 29, 2011 at 3:47 AM Post #209 of 636
Ultrasone, followed by Grado, followed by Sennheiser.

Nov 29, 2011 at 4:10 AM Post #210 of 636

Quote:
I actually owned both and let's say team Treble-fi and Bass-shy would appreciate them.
tongue.gif

(I sold them off within a few months and never really looked back).

Poor man. Blinded by the LCD-2. Hey, have LCD-2 fanboys been mentioned yet? ... Just kidding 
tongue_smile.gif
 Honestly I think they're greatly lacking for the price, but they're not bad headphones. I like my KNS8400 more though 
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back