Worst Fanboys?
Nov 27, 2011 at 6:16 PM Post #183 of 636
Bass-fi members.

Nov 27, 2011 at 8:02 PM Post #185 of 636

Quote:
No one thought to say it because you've just bumped a two-year-old thread.
It's not headphone related, but I simply have to share this:
http://blog.laptopmag.com/samsung-torpedos-apple-fanboys-in-new-ad

That was a wonderfully hilarious ad. I expect more to come. 
biggrin.gif

Nov 28, 2011 at 3:06 PM Post #189 of 636
Hahaha, touche.

Same applies to treble-fi, though it's not nearly as intoxicating or widespread as DA BASS. 
basshead.gif

Nov 28, 2011 at 3:37 PM Post #192 of 636

Quote:
O2 amp NwAvGuy fan boi measure-bators

Yeah that guy is such a deuche I would never buy his amp.  He is clearly biased in that he's not just looking to out the truth, he's actively looking for ways to embarrass and humiliate manufacturers as much as possible.  Which is just as obnoxious as the hype from the manufacturers that he's trying to counteract. 

Nov 28, 2011 at 3:50 PM Post #194 of 636
Hmm, not sure. People are at least more open wishing for just more bass. The treble kind has people shouting hallelujah for all the detail, but they're not knowingly wishing for "more treble". Hence: no treble mafia exists as far as I know 
regular_smile .gif

Coloration sucks if it's overblown, but it's nice to hear players' musical abilities, regardless of instrument and possible congestion amidst an orchestra. **** why I think people should examine headphone qualities with "musical integrity" in mind, rather than just FR-differences. Not to start a war or anything... 
normal_smile .gif

I dunno though. I try to be as little fanboyish as possible, but it's difficult, seeing how one reacts so strongly to the views of an "opposite" camp. Nothing wrong with fanboyism really, but I guess I'm not alone in saying that it ticks me off the most when one uses every possible means to justify one's own sense of audio nirvana to a level of an universal...

Nov 28, 2011 at 3:53 PM Post #195 of 636

Quote:
Yeah that guy is such a deuche I would never buy his amp.  He is clearly biased in that he's not just looking to out the truth, he's actively looking for ways to embarrass and humiliate manufacturers as much as possible.  Which is just as obnoxious as the hype from the manufacturers that he's trying to counteract. 

His style of writing and attitude may be harsh but essentially what he's doing is publishing test results, which sometimes turn out to be very conflicting with the specifications published by the manufacturers themselves. Shame on who now? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back