Woody Grado Gallery
Sep 26, 2007 at 6:08 PM Post #31 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by physh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is it possible to turn sr60 or sr80 into woodies?

i think on the 1st page, there is a pic of an SR80
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caution /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is it correct to say that the size of the enclosure and upgraded cables are the key factors for sonic improvement or is it the wood that improves the sound? Or a combination of all 3?

i suspect all 3 mods contribute to the sound.

Sep 27, 2007 at 2:09 AM Post #32 of 77
The craftsmanship on the ALO woodies looks great, I just wish that he took the time to line up the grain on the cups. To me it just looks foolish, and done the right way (see en480c4's zebra woodies) it can really tie the set together.

Sep 27, 2007 at 3:26 AM Post #33 of 77
i didn't even notice that until you mentioned it. i still think they look alright. only the last one looks a bit off, as though it would look better if more aligned.

Sep 27, 2007 at 2:33 PM Post #36 of 77
This thread delivers, headphone **** at its finest.
biggrin.gif

Edit: huh, censoring.

Sep 27, 2007 at 2:56 PM Post #37 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by lostbobby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
(I kinda like this thread

2 pairsa SR200's

100_0260_650x.jpg

Did you do these yourself and if not, who modded these? They are awesome
rs1smile.gif

Jan 8, 2009 at 3:57 PM Post #40 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rav /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Course it's possible, but if you're going to go to all the effort, you may as well start with the best drivers you can afford (225 or 325). Woodying an SR-60 is like fitting several thousands worth of aftermarket mods on a ford fiesta (perhaps not a great analogy, since people do that to fiestas, for some reason
blink.gif
).

Well i have a new pair of sr225. Will this already fantastic headphones sound much better (similar to reference series 1 or 2) woodied?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back