Woo WA22
May 7, 2009 at 5:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 322

jenneth

500+ Head-Fier
Looks like Jack's been busy, in addition to the WES, he's going to release a balanced amp:

Woo Audio 22

May 7, 2009 at 6:16 AM Post #4 of 322
I really want to see how this would compare to the Zana Deux Transformer. Hopefully this comes out before the end of the summer or the release of the HD-800s which ever comes first.

May 7, 2009 at 6:29 AM Post #5 of 322
compatible with 274B is a must!! I hope it won't be too pricey to get one.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 7, 2009 at 4:44 PM Post #8 of 322
Thanks, vcoheda, I went and read those impressions. Seems like it was an earlier prototype. Still hope there is an updated prototype at CanJam though, so someone can give us a better idea of how the final design will sound.

May 11, 2009 at 9:12 PM Post #10 of 322
Quote:

Originally Posted by Grimspoon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I really love the symmetry of the double volume controls. A shame that feature is on the chopping block.

I think many Head-Fiers would gladly sacrifice that for the 4-pin XLR (K1000) and 1/4" phone jack!

To be changed for production unit:

* Use one volume control instead of one per channel
* Add one 4-pin XLR output
* Add one 1/4" phone jack output (single-ended)

May 12, 2009 at 2:52 AM Post #13 of 322
Quote:

Originally Posted by Grimspoon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I really love the symmetry of the double volume controls. A shame that feature is on the chopping block.

If you asked, Jack would probably make you a custom model.

May 13, 2009 at 4:03 PM Post #15 of 322
Quote:

Originally Posted by Voltron /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yet another advantage of going to CanJam! Maybe Jack, Zhidong, and Wei have even cooked up the next prototype for our amusement.
popcorn.gif

Al, we will bring a production unit to CanJam. The only part we are waiting is a 4-pin connector, which will be here today. The new chassis and layout look much nicer than the prototype. I will keep you posted.

-Jack

Users who are viewing this thread

Back