WOO-HOOOO... WA7 "fireflies"!!!
Aug 3, 2014 at 10:04 PM Post #1,396 of 2,600
I had a problem with the fuse getting blown. Eventually I found out that as long as I did not power off the main power source (AC supply) there were no issues with blown fuses.

Aug 3, 2014 at 10:19 PM Post #1,399 of 2,600
@petezjunior 

The WA7's On/Off switch is left perpetually "On". The WA7tp's On/Off knob is used to toggle the units "On/Off". The main power socket is left perpertually "On" but not the WA7/WA7tp combo.

Cannot explain why it works this way but it just does.

Aug 4, 2014 at 2:13 AM Post #1,401 of 2,600

I've forward your concerns to Jack for his opinion before asking you to send the unit to us for inspection.  

I leave my personal WA7 ON or playing music all day.  At shows, systems are ON all day, sometimes over night to keep the tubes warmed.  At Capital Audio Fest, Dan (MrSpeakers) left his WA7d + WA7tp system powered ON all three days of the show (day & night).  We don't recommend to do that because it does shortens the life of the tubes, but you can if you choose.

Since there is no power switch on the stock (solid state linear) power supply of WA7, do we need to turn it (I mean the power supply) off when not using them?

Normally I just turn off the main WA7 unit (by toggle the switch at the back) but leave the stock power supply connected to power without switching off all the time. Since the power supply is pretty cool when the WA7 is off, I assume it's okay to keep the WA7 power supply hooked up but not turned off (on the main power socket)? 

Aug 4, 2014 at 4:17 PM Post #1,402 of 2,600
  Since there is no power switch on the stock (solid state linear) power supply of WA7, do we need to turn it (I mean the power supply) off when not using them?

Normally I just turn off the main WA7 unit (by toggle the switch at the back) but leave the stock power supply connected to power without switching off all the time. Since the power supply is pretty cool when the WA7 is off, I assume it's okay to keep the WA7 power supply hooked up but not turned off (on the main power socket)? 

You are using the WA7 with solid state power supply correctly.  

Users with WA7tp (tube power supply), use the Power ON/OFF button on the front of tube power supply.  Think of this button as a Standby feature.  The flip switch on the back of the amplifier the main power switch.  Only need to flip the switch to OFF position if you are not using the system for an extended period of time or on holiday.

Aug 4, 2014 at 6:39 PM Post #1,404 of 2,600
You are using the WA7 with solid state power supply correctly.  

Users with WA7tp (tube power supply), use the Power ON/OFF button on the front of tube power supply.  Think of this button as a Standby feature.  The flip switch on the back of the amplifier the main power switch.  Only need to flip the switch to OFF position if you are not using the system for an extended period of time or on holiday.

Great! Thanks for the confirmation. Love the amp. :)

Sep 5, 2014 at 3:54 PM Post #1,406 of 2,600
I am really pleased with my WA7...great investment!  I was so happy with the stock tubes I left them alone for a month and a half of A LOT of listening.  Finally got myself to roll and have had the gold tipped Electro Harmonix's in long enough that they've burned in nicely.  To my humble ears, they are more analytical...reference like.  They make the WA7 more like a solid state amp.  I need to go back to the stockers to confirm my thoughts.  I tend towards a warmer signature so I might very well go back to the stockers, although the EH's make a nice combination with my AT M50x's.

I had some questions for Woo Audio and Mike was EXTREMELY responsive...exceptional customer service.  

Thank you for making a great product for our community and being a stand-up vendor, Mike!

biggrin.gif

HS

Sep 5, 2014 at 4:49 PM Post #1,407 of 2,600
  I am really pleased with my WA7...great investment!  I was so happy with the stock tubes I left them alone for a month and a half of A LOT of listening.  Finally got myself to roll and have had the gold tipped Electro Harmonix's in long enough that they've burned in nicely.  To my humble ears, they are more analytical...reference like.  They make the WA7 more like a solid state amp.  I need to go back to the stockers to confirm my thoughts.  I tend towards a warmer signature so I might very well go back to the stockers, although the EH's make a nice combination with my AT M50x's.

I had some questions for Woo Audio and Mike was EXTREMELY responsive...exceptional customer service.  

Thank you for making a great product for our community and being a stand-up vendor, Mike!

biggrin.gif

HS

That's the fun part about tube rolling.  It's a rather small investment to get a different sound to suit your taste or type of music.   With solid state systems, one has to upgrade the system to get a different sound.

Thank you for the kind words.   We try our best to answer questions or address concerns with the same expectations we have if we were the customer.  
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 7, 2014 at 11:38 AM Post #1,409 of 2,600
  Agreed - Woo Audio's customer support is absolutely TOP - fast, professional, dedicated(!) and extremely polite. They just want to provide the best service, and they do.

THANK YOU!!!  We try our best.  
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 18, 2014 at 3:23 PM Post #1,410 of 2,600
Hey guys, just picked up the WA7 and WA7tp second hand from another head-fier. So far, sounds very nic

I haven't read through all of the forums for WA7 tube rolling, but I was wondering if anyone has some experience and could recommend some tubes...

I have experience with rolling 6dj8's and I really love the sound of NOS Amperex 7308's. They have wonderful, rich, luscious mids, and graceful sounding highs. Not quite as extended/airy as the highs from Siemens E88CC tubes, and not quite as forceful bass.

I was looking for some tubes for my new WA7/WA7tp that would match the sound signature of the Amperex tubes... respectfully tight bass, beautiful mids, and as warm/airy highs as possible.

Welcome your thoughts and looking forward to a long relationship with the WA7.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back