WOO-HOOOO... WA7 "fireflies"!!!
Jul 11, 2014 at 9:30 PM Post #1,366 of 2,600
Jul 27, 2014 at 6:20 AM Post #1,368 of 2,600
Hey guys I need your help!

I've been loving my wa7 + wa7tp for a few months now but yesterday I tried to turn it on via the big button on the tp (i always have the switch on the wa7 up) and it went on for a sec before it died.
thirst thing i thought was going on was that a fuse popped (happened before) so i switched out the fuse to a working one and still no life in my wa7 and wa7tp.

after that i tried to connect my solid state psu to my wa7 instead of my wa7tp and still, no life to be seen.
The orange light on the solid state psu wouldnt even turn on.

does anyone have any idea whats wrong? or do i need to send on or both in for repairs? :frowning2:

thnx in advance guys.

Jul 28, 2014 at 4:32 PM Post #1,370 of 2,600
  Hey guys I need your help!

I've been loving my wa7 + wa7tp for a few months now but yesterday I tried to turn it on via the big button on the tp (i always have the switch on the wa7 up) and it went on for a sec before it died.
thirst thing i thought was going on was that a fuse popped (happened before) so i switched out the fuse to a working one and still no life in my wa7 and wa7tp.

after that i tried to connect my solid state psu to my wa7 instead of my wa7tp and still, no life to be seen.
The orange light on the solid state psu wouldnt even turn on.

does anyone have any idea whats wrong? or do i need to send on or both in for repairs? :frowning2:

thnx in advance guys.

Hi @audiophile_007 ,

Sent you an email to help sort this out.  Look forward to hearing from you and get the system back up singing again.  

Aug 3, 2014 at 3:22 PM Post #1,375 of 2,600
I just started getting crackle noise and severe distortion 2.5 - 3hours into my listening sessions with my now 1 year old WA7 running EH tubes. The bad part is that the crackling returns even with the Sovteks so it's not the tubes in my case. Neither pair has any oxidation or other physical issue that i can detect.The issues seems temperature related - simply put if i let it cool off it works just fine, when it gets warm again it starts to make my music sound crackly. At first it's just noticable in teh bass freq's and then quickly distorts all of the music.
I am in touch with Mike at Woo and I'll let you guys know what i find out.

A few side notes:
  • The WA7 PSU is always used with a UPS system - never straight out the wall. This my MO for all electronics.I have tried different outlets and UPSs but the problem persists.
  • I use a regular Monoprice cable with ferite bead and gold ends. Please no comments about super-duper USB cables vs mono-price. Cable is fine. The unit would give me issue consistently hot or cold with a bad cable.
  • normally i give the amp a few minutes to warm up - i turn it on then unbox my 'phone and select my music on my PC before i play anything.
  • I have never run the unit more than 10 hours under load - i once left it on for about 9 hours, but Mike assures me he run's these units much harder than that at shows.
  • Tried switching sources - no bueno.

Aug 3, 2014 at 8:09 PM Post #1,379 of 2,600
I had the wa7 and now the wa6se but with a lcd-x.  Of course you know that with the wa6se you will need to have a dac where the wa7 has it built in.  More tube options for the wa6se ,and to me it has more punch.   Both are very good amps.  Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back