WOO-HOOOO... WA7 "fireflies"!!!
Nov 5, 2014 at 7:16 PM Post #1,429 of 2,600

No, I still need to re-connect the USB cable to get all sampling options. A minor inconvenience but it always works.

This time, the re-connecting took. This will be frustrating. Seems like there should be a fix for it.

Nov 5, 2014 at 7:28 PM Post #1,430 of 2,600

This time, the re-connecting took. This will be frustrating. Seems like there should be a fix for it.

What platform are you on and OS version?  Do you have third-party apps e.g. Skype, PureMusic, or DAW taking the audio devices priority?  Please email us at info@wooaudio.com for additional troubleshooting.

Nov 5, 2014 at 7:38 PM Post #1,431 of 2,600

What platform are you on and OS version?  Do you have third-party apps e.g. Skype, PureMusic, or DAW taking the audio devices priority?  Please email us at info@wooaudio.com for additional troubleshooting.

I'll send an email, too. I had it on both Mac: Mavericks (I forget the exact version number, but the latest) and now on Yosemite (v10.10). No other audio things running that I know of.

Nov 7, 2014 at 6:39 PM Post #1,432 of 2,600

I'll send an email, too. I had it on both Mac: Mavericks (I forget the exact version number, but the latest) and now on Yosemite (v10.10). No other audio things running that I know of.

I have had the same issue with 10.8, 10.9 & 10.10.  As everyone else has stated, usually unplug/plug the USB cable fixes it.  But on occasions mine has gotten completely stuck at 48.  I found the following steps help resolve this..

Unplug WA7 USB --> Set Audirvana preferred audio device to MacBook built-in output ---> Plug-in WA7 USB back in --> Set WA7 to Audirvana preferred device again

Nov 7, 2014 at 7:14 PM Post #1,433 of 2,600
often times third-party audio apps (Audirvana, PureMusic, BitPerfect, Amarra, etc.) or VOIP apps wants to take priority in your system's sound.  Can't blame them... they want everyone to use their app exclusively.  :)  Another issue is DACs that requires drivers.  Those drivers often pushes everything else to the side and hog the priority.  I won't mention any names here but that's my experience when testing DACs.  

Do check the Preferences setting in those apps to ensure audio devices are routed correctly.   

Nov 7, 2014 at 7:21 PM Post #1,434 of 2,600
Noted, I just use Audirvana to resolve the problem when it happens... for some strange reason doing that in Audirvana get's it un-stuck in the OS, but prior to doing that in Audirvana, Mac OS X with nothing else loaded would only detect at 48.

Nov 8, 2014 at 3:11 PM Post #1,435 of 2,600
After a ton of similar issues with Audirvana I have switched to JRiver and it seems to be much better all around.  There are still little issues here and there compared to say iTunes but the sound quality is excellent and the interface is pretty decent too.  It now also supports movie playback as well so if that matters to you...

Nov 9, 2014 at 10:28 PM Post #1,436 of 2,600
  After a ton of similar issues with Audirvana I have switched to JRiver and it seems to be much better all around.  There are still little issues here and there compared to say iTunes but the sound quality is excellent and the interface is pretty decent too.  It now also supports movie playback as well so if that matters to you...

Do you have better sound quality from the same audio files with JRiver vs iTunes?  Trying to get my head around this.  

Thanks.

HS

Nov 10, 2014 at 8:17 PM Post #1,440 of 2,600

Interesting.  I'm simply running iTunes and have not explored alternative music software for my Apple transports.  I prefer simplicity, but I'm afraid I may be getting further and further away from it going down this audiophile rabbit hole...

HS

The red pill or the blue pill. Choices....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back