Woo Audio WA7TP (tube power supply) Impressions Thread
Feb 20, 2015 at 11:32 PM Post #646 of 1,117

How about WA22 + WDS-1?  
biggrin.gif

Ahhh.. come on... you just made me drool on myself.....<grin>

Nice combo!  I may just have to save up for it....  (unless of course you want to send them to me.....  "just because"  MOOOOHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA)

Getting a little slap happy...

Joe_Breezyjr

Feb 21, 2015 at 12:35 AM Post #647 of 1,117
Oh yeah that would be a nice pairing indeed, the WA22 will most definitely be my next upgrade..

Feb 21, 2015 at 1:37 AM Post #648 of 1,117
Thanks for the quick responses....  

I am soooooo excited...  Heck.. I should go listen to it now!  I have some free time....   I think I'll check out some HD tracks, from that site... and make myself all giddy like a school girl... LOL  

Now... what. to. get. next.  Hmmm... WA6se? with the Oppo HA-1??   But, I'm getting ahead of myself... lol

Thanks again for the quick replies....

Joe_Breezyjr

Think the WA234 might be better for you :wink:

dL

Feb 21, 2015 at 2:04 AM Post #649 of 1,117

I work at home, and listen to music while working. At night, when my wife watch tv, I still listen to music. So, I turn on WA7 from around 09.00 to 01.00 every day

Same with me mikroski I listen on average 4-6 hours a day everyday..

Actually, I leave it on 12-16 hours per day, almost one year now. Stay on my couch, doing all work from there and listen music at the same time. I know that it isn't good and shorten tube life, but don't want to on/off too often.
biggrin.gif

Feb 21, 2015 at 9:57 AM Post #650 of 1,117
Quote: As stated by dL.
 Think the WA234 might be better for you 
wink.gif

dL

I'm glad you think I have that kind of money.... <grin>  Although....  Admittedly, I would love one...  wait, I mean two....

Right now... for one, I'm enjoying the extra "oomph" I hear playing Battlefield 4....

Joe_Breezyjr

Feb 21, 2015 at 8:02 PM Post #651 of 1,117

I'm glad you think I have that kind of money.... <grin>  Although....  Admittedly, I would love one...  wait, I mean two....

Right now... for one, I'm enjoying the extra "oomph" I hear playing Battlefield 4....

Joe_Breezyjr

I've never gamed with the WA7 I'll give it a try & see..

Feb 22, 2015 at 7:56 PM Post #654 of 1,117
Well you guys are right not only is my jazz but also gaming & movies are much better from my Woo, fun to know stuff for sure.. 

Feb 23, 2015 at 9:32 PM Post #655 of 1,117
  I'm very happy with GE.

Sylvania is a big improvement from stock tube but GE is one step further

Bass: Sylvania has a tight, punchy bass. GE has more good balance with mid, no feeling like listen to subwoofer as Sylvania

Treble: Sylvania has crisp high but not have a good harmonic. GE's treble has softer sound but better extension in harmonic and better details. For piano, violin, percussion, etc. I can hear a lot airy, harmonics and vibe of treble.

Mid: I love mid of GE! Repeat, I love mid of GE! I can hear more details, I can feel the passion of singer. It has euphemistic and sweet sound. Less forward than Sylvania

Sound stage: GE's sound stage is better. Layer of each instrument is very goods. Very good for classical music, 

According the suggestion from tubeworld, I will order Amperex Phillips. And see how it compare with GE

L3000.gif

So have you tried any other tubes? 
 By the way what music tracks did you try with when evaluating?

Feb 23, 2015 at 10:06 PM Post #656 of 1,117
I just got a matched pair of vintage triple mica 5814A sylvania's. I've not yet tried them but will let you guys know what I think of them, also not too bad on the wallet 94 off fleabay. I've read good impressions on these tubes guess I'll find out this weekend.  

Feb 24, 2015 at 12:38 AM Post #657 of 1,117
Woot!  I get my HD-800 tomorrow.... Can't wait to hear what they sound like with this amp and gaming!  (and, of course music!)

SO EXCITED!

Ok... kind of a separate question...  Anyone using the Oppo HA-1 DAC With the WA7 as the amp?  I love the features on the Oppo, and really am thinking about getting one.....  Just wanted to know what any of you thought.... if you had the same combo...

Sorry if this is in the wrong place... but, I seem to recall hearing someone here has the OPPO...  TO be clear.. I'm not interested in the amp section of the Oppo...  sure. I'll try it.. but I'm thinking Oppo DAC to the WA7 amp....  

Thought... ideas.... flames???  hehe

thanks
Joe_Breezyjr

Feb 24, 2015 at 6:24 AM Post #658 of 1,117

I'm very happy with GE.

Sylvania is a big improvement from stock tube but GE is one step further

Bass: Sylvania has a tight, punchy bass. GE has more good balance with mid, no feeling like listen to subwoofer as Sylvania

Treble: Sylvania has crisp high but not have a good harmonic. GE's treble has softer sound but better extension in harmonic and better details. For piano, violin, percussion, etc. I can hear a lot airy, harmonics and vibe of treble.

Mid: I love mid of GE! Repeat, I love mid of GE! I can hear more details, I can feel the passion of singer. It has euphemistic and sweet sound. Less forward than Sylvania

Sound stage: GE's sound stage is better. Layer of each instrument is very goods. Very good for classical music, 

According the suggestion from tubeworld, I will order Amperex Phillips. And see how it compare with GE

L3000.gif

So have you tried any other tubes? 
 By the way what music tracks did you try with when evaluating?

I compare GE and Sylvania by using follows albums

Jazz: Sails by Chet Atkins, Winelight by Grover Washington Jr., Jazz at the Pawnshop 1, Live at Bluenote by The very tall band (Peterson)

Vocal: All Angels by All Angels,Song from the Heart by Celtic Woman, Faryl by Faryl Smith, Surrender by Jane Monheit, L' AMour by Katherine Jenkins

Classical/Soundtrack: Beethoven Symphony by LSO, Great Film Fantasies by CPO, Chopin Piano Concerto by Arthur Rubinstein

I will buy either Miniwatt Holland or Mullard Long Plate this week
biggrin.gif

Feb 24, 2015 at 7:18 AM Post #660 of 1,117
  Just received my WA7d and Wa7tp yesterday...  was sooo excited as this is my first high end audio purchase....   

Completely skipped the stock tubes on the tp, and went straight to the mullard Cyro'd CV4003 (I think that's the model #) Also purchased the upgraded tubes for the WA7d.. <grin>

So far, I cannot really compare it to anything, but can say, with the Woo sold upgraded WA7d tubes, I absolutely love the sound so far...  And, I haven't even had a chance to listen to much high bitrate stuff, just a few 320kps songs I have in iTunes...  

I do have one question, as this is my first "real" purchase, and first tube amp...  IS it safe to leave it powered on for an extended time??? I remember reading folks saying they let the tubes burn in for 24hours or so....  I wanted to know if it's safe to do so, just leave it on, or do I need to play something through the amp, not just leaving it "on"

Thanks,
Joe_Breezyjr

PS.  now just need to pick up a pair of HD800s, at least something better than the AKG 712 pros...  Then, of course, my SECOND high end purchase....  hehe

@breezyjr it is bc tubes have a limited life span. leaving your amplifier on, but not using it & not planning on using it soon is just wasting its life span. tubes will need to replaced much faster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back