Woo Audio WA7TP (tube power supply) Impressions Thread
Apr 20, 2014 at 3:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1,117
Since it's about to  be launched, I thought I'd get an impressions thread started.  If you've heard the WA7TP - and especially if you've been able to A/B it vs the stock PSU - please post your impressions here. 
smile.gif

I'll prime the pump with some early impressions about the prototype I heard way back at CanJam 2013:

W. Chi:  The WA7's basic signature remained largely unchanged in terms of frequency response. However I was able to enjoy a very pleasant improvement in transparency, soundstage and separation with the new PSU. And while I can't recall my personal WA7 ever sounding congested, it was very clear that the new PSU revealed a new level of detail, depth and dynamics. I was impressed enough that I reserved the first production unit off the line.

Apr 20, 2014 at 8:49 PM Post #3 of 1,117
I didnt expect there is still room for improvement to an already awsome
Eh+wa7.im gettin my hands on it..any news when they will release it?
smily_headphones1.gif

Not exactly sure, but I'm pretty sure it will officially be available within the next few weeks.  From my perspective, it's already been way too long a wait. 
biggrin.gif

Apr 20, 2014 at 10:46 PM Post #7 of 1,117

From my perspective, it's already been way too long a wait. 
biggrin.gif

Indeed. It's almost like they have other products and projects to work on (curse those WA234 monoblocks that mere mortals, such as myself, are not worthy to touch!).

Hehe, actually the WA234 was already done by the time I heard the PSU prototype... so that's no excuse! 
tongue.gif

Apr 20, 2014 at 11:15 PM Post #9 of 1,117
  Blast! But weren't they still working on the special website? (trying to cut them some slack here...not working) 
wink.gif

I like the website, it's nice.  It doesn't make my WA7 sound better, but nice nonetheless. 
biggrin.gif

Anyhow...back to the WA7tp.

Yes!  T-minus 4 days...

Apr 21, 2014 at 1:16 AM Post #11 of 1,117
I don
Yes it's an improvement especially when you roll the tubes
i dont have much experience on tube rolling i will try it sometime.can i ask your suggestion on tubes thats i should consider looking on.:)

PSU uses 12AUs so any direct replacement should work , 5814A i know work for sure because i had a chance to try Jan Sylvania ones and they improved bass depth and extension

Apr 21, 2014 at 3:11 PM Post #14 of 1,117
Looks like today's the day...

We are getting the details finalized and will have full pricing and availability on 4/21.

Apr 21, 2014 at 4:34 PM Post #15 of 1,117

Users who are viewing this thread

Back