1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Woo Audio WA7TP (tube power supply) Impressions Thread

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by warrenpchi, Apr 20, 2014.
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Next

Last
  1. warrenpchi Administrator
    Since it's about to  be launched, I thought I'd get an impressions thread started.  If you've heard the WA7TP - and especially if you've been able to A/B it vs the stock PSU - please post your impressions here.  [​IMG]

I'll prime the pump with some early impressions about the prototype I heard way back at CanJam 2013:

W. Chi:  The WA7's basic signature remained largely unchanged in terms of frequency response. However I was able to enjoy a very pleasant improvement in transparency, soundstage and separation with the new PSU. And while I can't recall my personal WA7 ever sounding congested, it was very clear that the new PSU revealed a new level of detail, depth and dynamics. I was impressed enough that I reserved the first production unit off the line.

LordToshiro likes this.
  2. zniper2984
    I didnt expect there is still room for improvement to an already awsome
    Eh+wa7.im gettin my hands on it..any news when they will release it?:)

3. warrenpchi Administrator

Not exactly sure, but I'm pretty sure it will officially be available within the next few weeks.  From my perspective, it's already been way too long a wait.  [​IMG]

4. olegausany
    Yes it's an improvement especially when you roll the tubes

5. zniper2984
    I don
    i dont have much experience on tube rolling i will try it sometime.can i ask your suggestion on tubes thats i should consider looking on.:)

6. JoelT
    Indeed. It's almost like they have other products and projects to work on (curse those WA234 monoblocks that mere mortals, such as myself, are not worthy to touch!).

7. warrenpchi Administrator

Hehe, actually the WA234 was already done by the time I heard the PSU prototype... so that's no excuse!  [​IMG]

8. JoelT
    Blast! But weren't they still working on the special website? (trying to cut them some slack here...not working) [​IMG] 

Anyhow...back to the WA7tp.

9. warrenpchi Administrator

I like the website, it's nice.  It doesn't make my WA7 sound better, but nice nonetheless.  [​IMG]

Yes!  T-minus 4 days...

10. zniper2984
    I hope their stock is enough for all of us..:)

11. olegausany
    PSU uses 12AUs so any direct replacement should work , 5814A i know work for sure because i had a chance to try Jan Sylvania ones and they improved bass depth and extension

zniper2984 likes this.
  12. zniper2984
    wow!il check on those jan sylvania.thanks.:)

13. zniper2984
    But first i need to get my hands on those psu.:)

14. warrenpchi Administrator
    Looks like today's the day...

15. warrenpchi Administrator
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Next

Last