Woo Audio WA6 + WA6SE: Tubes, Comments, Pictures, and Advice
Mar 15, 2012 at 8:15 AM Post #151 of 4,839
Hello Friends...

Im so glad this thread exists! I bought a wa6se back when Wooaudio offered black gate/v cap upgrades for the wa6se. I have been very happy with it with my AKG701 and Duet.

Im now in search for a different set of cans. How do you feel about D7000 and their synergy with wa6se? Is there anybody here with that set up?

I mostly listen to jazz. I had bought the akg701 and wa6se to give me the most natural, real, detailed sounding cymbals and drum set sound possible. (Im a jazz drummer sound my ears tend to want to hear the drums first)

Should I stay with my current set up and be happy with it?

Mar 15, 2012 at 9:13 AM Post #152 of 4,839
Not to spam or anything
biggrin.gif
 But the sizzling Tubes make it look amazing!

Mar 15, 2012 at 5:15 PM Post #153 of 4,839

Quote:
Hello Friends...

Im so glad this thread exists! I bought a wa6se back when Wooaudio offered black gate/v cap upgrades for the wa6se. I have been very happy with it with my AKG701 and Duet.

Im now in search for a different set of cans. How do you feel about D7000 and their synergy with wa6se? Is there anybody here with that set up?

I mostly listen to jazz. I had bought the akg701 and wa6se to give me the most natural, real, detailed sounding cymbals and drum set sound possible. (Im a jazz drummer sound my ears tend to want to hear the drums first)

Should I stay with my current set up and be happy with it?

There are a few headfi'ers that have the D7000s or LA7000s with the WA6SE, its a very good synergy (I myself have the D7000s). With the right tubes and rectifier I have found the D7000 to have better synergy with the SE than the T1 and HE500 (so its worth checking out).

As far as staying with your current setup, thats an option, but the AKG701s are a very different sounding headphone than the D7000s so it would be nice to have both for times your craving different sound signatures..

Mar 15, 2012 at 6:02 PM Post #154 of 4,839

Quote:
There are a few headfi'ers that have the D7000s or LA7000s with the WA6SE, its a very good synergy (I myself have the D7000s). With the right tubes and rectifier I have found the D7000 to have better synergy with the SE than the T1 and HE500 (so its worth checking out).

As far as staying with your current setup, thats an option, but the AKG701s are a very different sounding headphone than the D7000s so it would be nice to have both for times your craving different sound signatures..

+1

Mar 16, 2012 at 5:21 AM Post #155 of 4,839
Thank you for the advice. Now I'm trying to learn about the D7000 as much as I can. I don't live in a place where I can go and try one. :frowning2: Now I'll be saving money for something I hope I will like! This is a hard hobby sometimes.

Quote:

Mar 16, 2012 at 5:26 AM Post #156 of 4,839
i just recently bought D7000 with the basic lawton mod (Baby LA-7000s) and i love them. i love them so much infact they replace my ultrasone pro 900 as my bass head headphone, and rival the LCD-2 for best headphone for electronic/rap/hiphop/mainstream music.

i love them, i finally have a headphone i can listen to at night when my roommate sleeps lol

i use WA6-SE to drive them

Mar 16, 2012 at 5:53 AM Post #157 of 4,839

Would you say that d7000 is a bass head headphone? Would you use it for classical or jazz?
Quote:
i just recently bought D7000 with the basic lawton mod (Baby LA-7000s) and i love them. i love them so much infact they replace my ultrasone pro 900 as my bass head headphone, and rival the LCD-2 for best headphone for electronic/rap/hiphop/mainstream music.

i love them, i finally have a headphone i can listen to at night when my roommate sleeps lol

Mar 16, 2012 at 5:57 AM Post #158 of 4,839

Would you have any can recommendations for acoustic music for the Wo6SE?? I'm trying to move up from AKG 701. I'm reading the forums daily, but I can't find enough evidence to move up. Maybe a there are headphones with a "different" sound signature but not necessarily "better".
Quote:

Mar 16, 2012 at 6:01 AM Post #160 of 4,839

Quote:

totally agree that the D7000s rival the LCD2s for electronic music, in fact, I prefer them with my WA6SE.. Soo +1 
beerchug.gif

Mar 16, 2012 at 6:01 AM Post #161 of 4,839

Quote:
Would you say that d7000 is a bass head headphone? Would you use it for classical or jazz?

yes, the bass doesn't leak into the mids, especially on a lawton modded d7000. the bass is there when it needs to be and doesn't get in the way for slower music. amazing headphone that works for a wide range of genres.

Mar 16, 2012 at 6:11 AM Post #162 of 4,839

Quote:
yes, the bass doesn't leak into the mids, especially on a lawton modded d7000. the bass is there when it needs to be and doesn't get in the way for slower music. amazing headphone that works for a wide range of genres.

I've noticed even without the Lawton mod you can neutralize the bass a bit and bring out the mids with the right power tubes and rectifier (in my experience the GE 6DE7 paired with the EML 5U4G did this).. beauty of tube rolling :)

Mar 16, 2012 at 6:13 AM Post #163 of 4,839
BTW Dubstep Girl, how do you feel about the D7000s in comparison to your T1s?

I personally felt like the Denons were better all arounders, ended up not keeping my T1s...

Mar 16, 2012 at 6:44 AM Post #164 of 4,839
denon = best all arounders along with LCD-2.

the T1 are better headphones though in terms of detail, soundstage, and just overall resolution. however, they aren't for everyone. the d7000 have a very fun sound to them, t1 have a more refined balanced sound with slight warmth and bass bloom.

Mar 16, 2012 at 6:48 AM Post #165 of 4,839

Quote:
denon = best all arounders along with LCD-2.

the T1 are better headphones though in terms of detail, soundstage, and just overall resolution. however, they aren't for everyone. the d7000 have a very fun sound to them, t1 have a more refined balanced sound with slight warmth and bass bloom.

Sorry 1 more question, how does your HD800 pair with the SE? That was the next headphone I had my eyes on, one reason being I think its so much different than the headphones I currently own..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back