Quote:
from the woo website

WA6

580mW @32Ω
550mW @60Ω
590mW @120Ω
460mW @300Ω
400mW @600Ω

So... what happens if I set the impedance switch to 100-600Ω when using Denon D5000? Would that harm the tubes/components/headphones, or will it just output more power?

Jan 2, 2012 at 2:36 PM Post #18 of 4,839

Quote:
That won't harm anything. You will just get more power to you Denons. I used to use some D2000 with my WA6.

+1

Jan 2, 2012 at 3:05 PM Post #19 of 4,839
So I've had my unit for about 12 days, contacted Jack to see if I could send the WA6 back (return) and purchase the SE, but he won't forgive on the restocking fee, including all the shipping charges back and forth, don't think its worth it..

haha.. I miss Amazon.

Jan 2, 2012 at 4:32 PM Post #20 of 4,839

Quote:
So I've had my unit for about 12 days, contacted Jack to see if I could send the WA6 back (return) and purchase the SE, but he won't forgive on the restocking fee, including all the shipping charges back and forth, don't think its worth it..

haha.. I miss Amazon.

I would say just enjoy your WA6 for awhile. It's a very good amp. You can sell it in the future on the fs forum. WA6 holds its value pretty well. If you are thinking of upgrading to an ortho, there are reports that the HE 500 pairs very well with the WA6.

Jan 2, 2012 at 5:09 PM Post #21 of 4,839
I think the problem is that the forum has it hard for people searching for information;  When you do search for WA6 info hundreds of irelavent or outdated posts/threads pop up.  It's hard to sort through all of them without a filter.

Jan 2, 2012 at 6:46 PM Post #22 of 4,839

Quote:
I think the problem is that the forum has it hard for people searching for information;  When you do search for WA6 info hundreds of irelavent or outdated posts/threads pop up.  It's hard to sort through all of them without a filter.

That's actually why I use google to search for threads and not the headfi search bar.. It's actually much easier to find desired info that way.. But you're right abt the searches. Nice pic, I really like the silver. 

Jan 2, 2012 at 8:33 PM Post #23 of 4,839

Quote:
I would say just enjoy your WA6 for awhile. It's a very good amp. You can sell it in the future on the fs forum. WA6 holds its value pretty well. If you are thinking of upgrading to an ortho, there are reports that the HE 500 pairs very well with the WA6.

Still on the fence about it. Hifiman recommends 1W of power to drive their 500s to their peak.. While I'm sure they would sound great on the WA6 I'm the type that will always wonder how much I'm missing by not having a more powerful amp.. haha thats why I upgraded from my previous amp. I'm sure a lot of people here have fallen into the expensive habit of continuously upgrading... these forums don't help! lol.. Thanks for the input though.

Jan 3, 2012 at 8:25 PM Post #24 of 4,839
So went ahead and returned the WA6 with a 10% restocking fee, still kinda annoyed because with all the shipping and restocking charges I'm out over $100.. I guess I'll just imagine I was paying tax the whole time and it'll even out in my mind. haha but ordered the SE hopefully it'll be on its way soon..  Anyone have any comments about the 6FD7s as power tubes?

Jan 4, 2012 at 10:16 AM Post #25 of 4,839

Quote:
So went ahead and returned the WA6 with a 10% restocking fee (Jack lowered it from 15..), still kinda annoyed because with all the shipping and restocking charges I'm out over $100.. I guess I'll just imagine I was paying tax the whole time and it'll even out in my mind. haha but ordered the SE hopefully it'll be on its way soon..  Anyone have any comments about the 6FD7s as power tubes?

you caved!  
beerchug.gif

just think of the $100 as an interconnect that makes no difference to SQ.  its in there, you just can't see it 
wink_face.gif

Jan 4, 2012 at 4:42 PM Post #26 of 4,839
yay another WA6SE owner.

definitely should be an improvement over the WA6

Jan 4, 2012 at 9:58 PM Post #27 of 4,839

Quote:
yay another WA6SE owner.

definitely should be an improvement over the WA6

So I think Jack is annoyed that I am sending back the WA6 because I sent him two e-mails (yet to receive a response) after returning the WA6 and ordering the SE.. He sent me confirmation after I ordered the WA6 a few weeks ago, but I received no such confirmation from him after ordering the WA6SE.. I'm hoping he's just that busy.

Jan 4, 2012 at 10:00 PM Post #28 of 4,839

Quote:
you caved!  
beerchug.gif

just think of the $100 as an interconnect that makes no difference to SQ.  its in there, you just can't see it 
wink_face.gif

yea a nice way to think of it, haha..

Jan 4, 2012 at 11:46 PM Post #29 of 4,839
hes prob just busy, one time i sent him an email and never replied, the other times he did tho.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back