Woo Audio WA6 + WA6SE: Tubes, Comments, Pictures, and Advice
Jan 9, 2012 at 2:49 PM Post #47 of 4,838
yea my dac has  a blue light too so it all matches up nicely, but I get what you mean.

Jan 9, 2012 at 6:19 PM Post #48 of 4,838
I have a mix of blue and red. I actually prefer red, and am planning on switching out the lights on my Jolida gear to match my Rega stuff. My phono stage light is so annoyingly bright that I had to tuck it back inside. The Woo has a nice dim light!

Gear pictured on my new Quadraspire Q4evo in dark oak. Ordered some 4" taller posts for my integrated amp on the bottom. Have a total of five shelves for when I move soon. My Ortofon Jubilee just came in the mail today from a re-tip (thanks Soundsmith!!!), so don't mind that empty arm! Really excited to get my Linn up and running again, my system hasn't been quite up to par on the analog end for 9 weeks.

Jan 9, 2012 at 7:26 PM Post #49 of 4,838

Quote:
I have a mix of blue and red. I actually prefer red, and am planning on switching out the lights on my Jolida gear to match my Rega stuff. My phono stage light is so annoyingly bright that I had to tuck it back inside. The Woo has a nice dim light!

Gear pictured on my new Quadraspire Q4evo in dark oak. Ordered some 4" taller posts for my integrated amp on the bottom. Have a total of five shelves for when I move soon. My Ortofon Jubilee just came in the mail today from a re-tip (thanks Soundsmith!!!), so don't mind that empty arm! Really excited to get my Linn up and running again, my system hasn't been quite up to par on the analog end for 9 weeks.

^ im jealous 
tongue.gif

Jan 9, 2012 at 10:21 PM Post #50 of 4,838
wow..... awesome rig danska..!

Jan 9, 2012 at 10:34 PM Post #51 of 4,838
just ordered some of herbie's rx tube dampeners.. will post my impressions. He offers a 90 trial/return period so totally worth trying out. I think I'll be getting all this extra stuff before my SE actually arrives.

Jan 10, 2012 at 2:12 AM Post #52 of 4,838
It's funny, I feel like I need to double post now between this thread and the Woo Owners...

Anyway, just throwing out a tube combination I am enjoying... Made in Japan fat bottle Raytheon 6EW7 drivers and the Brimar 5R4GY rectifier.  Great synergy with both the T1 and the HD-800. 

Jan 10, 2012 at 2:29 AM Post #53 of 4,838
are the fat bottle raytheons the ones that came with your SE? Or did you purchase them later? I really like the set-up btw, I have the same problem when the cleaners come, I'm hovering over them so they don't smack one of the tubes accidentally while cleaning and break them..

Also how long is the power cord between the two SE units, I noticed yours are on two different levels, I always figured it must be a short cord because most people that post pics have them right next to each other...

I know how you feel about reposting.. I really like the other thread too but most people don't like repeating questions that have been answered already and there are so so so many pages (1100+) that it would take forever to filter through them all to find an answer... something I have done, but i thought why not make it easier and create this thread specific to the WA6/SE :).. 

Thanks for the pics!

Jan 10, 2012 at 2:41 AM Post #54 of 4,838

I purchased the Raytheons later.  

The umbilical is 24", a fair bit longer than stock.  Jack made it to the length I requested so I could do this vertical stack.  He assured me there would be no sonic impact, and I've heard none.

Quote:
are the fat bottle raytheons the ones that came with your SE? Or did you purchase them later? I really like the set-up btw, I have the same problem when the cleaners come, I'm hovering over them so they don't smack one of the tubes accidentally while cleaning and break them..

Also how long is the power cord between the two SE units, I noticed yours are on two different levels, I always figured it must be a short cord because most people that post pics have them right next to each other...

I know how you feel about reposting.. I really like the other thread too but most people don't like repeating questions that have been answered already and there are so so so many pages (1100+) that it would take forever to filter through them all to find an answer... something I have done, but i thought why not make it easier and create this thread specific to the WA6/SE :).. 

Thanks for the pics!

Jan 10, 2012 at 2:50 AM Post #55 of 4,838

Quote:
I purchased the Raytheons later.  

The umbilical is 24", a fair bit longer than stock.  Jack made it to the length I requested so I could do this vertical stack.  He assured me there would be no sonic impact, and I've heard none.

gotcha.

Jan 10, 2012 at 11:17 AM Post #56 of 4,838

imagejpeg

Woo audio wa 6 se with standard. Tube and  LCD 3 
my head phone amp : pre amp T + A. P 10 - 2 . Please see T + A website : taelektroakustik.de
My CD player : Stello CDA 500 

Anyone help , why my picture can not come out , thank you 

Jan 10, 2012 at 11:27 AM Post #57 of 4,838
I really love my WA6SE rig paired with the Stello DA100 along with the EML 5U4G and the pair of ITT 6DE7's. It somehow manages to sound great on both my HD800 and LCD-2 which isn't an easy task...

This setup has perhaps a slightly narrower soundstage than other setups but really gives solid performance in frequency balance. Crisp highs, warm mids, tight well extending bass.

Jan 10, 2012 at 11:49 AM Post #58 of 4,838

Quote:
i like the lights, looks cool.

Quote:
yea my dac has  a blue light too so it all matches up nicely, but I get what you mean.

I'm a student, so the only logical place to have the amp at the moment (student apartment) is on the desk with the front towards the bed. If I sit in the bed while listening to music or watching a movie/TV-show the blue light can be pretty harsh if the room is dark.

By the way... I see many pictures of people's set-ups where the headphone amp is nicely positioned next to other hi-fi equipment. How do you guys listen to the amp? Are you just sitting next to it on a chair? At the moment I have the iMac connected to the DAC. And also the Playstation 3 with a long optical cable.

Jan 10, 2012 at 3:34 PM Post #59 of 4,838
I have a couch next to my rig, but I have a headphone extension cord (1/4inch male to female) just in case i want more room to move around. 

Jan 10, 2012 at 4:22 PM Post #60 of 4,838
Yeah I have a 15 foot Zu Mobius cable, makes listening pretty easy on my rig. I need about 10 feet of it to get back to my couch. In my bedroom I have a leather chair and my bed, and still need about 8' to get around. In my case this makes buying aftermarket cables pretty expensive, but would prefer to have a longer HP cable than RCAs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back