Woo Audio WA6 + WA6SE: Tubes, Comments, Pictures, and Advice
Mar 8, 2014 at 7:05 PM Post #1,232 of 4,839
  Don't tell me about all the cool equipment I have sold that I wish I hadn't.  I ain't sellin my WA6, dammit.

Better not! You'll regret it like me then :p

Mar 8, 2014 at 7:06 PM Post #1,233 of 4,839

Hi all,

Can someone point me towards the right direction to get 6FD7 tubes?

Thanks.

Pay premium from Woo Audio if you want to be sure about the quality you are getting. They cost a lot though, 50 bucks for a pair I think, but again they do a thorough check, you'll be almost 100% if you buy from Woo.. If not buy like 3 pairs from a normal tube vendor for the same price, make sure you ask for matched pairs otherwise they might send you non matched. Oh and make sure you get fat tubes.

Mar 8, 2014 at 7:30 PM Post #1,234 of 4,839

Pay premium from Woo Audio if you want to be sure about the quality you are getting. They cost a lot though, 50 bucks for a pair I think, but again they do a thorough check, you'll be almost 100% if you buy from Woo.. If not buy like 3 pairs from a normal tube vendor for the same price, make sure you ask for matched pairs otherwise they might send you non matched. Oh and make sure you get fat tubes.

Thanks.  I think I'll get them from Woo.  Thanks.

Mar 8, 2014 at 8:13 PM Post #1,235 of 4,839

Thanks.  I think I'll get them from Woo.  Thanks.

Probably the best, I know they check through a lot of tubes to find the "perfect" ones. Here is the mail from Frank:

​''Oystein,

We purchase our tubes form a tube distributor then carefully select the highest quality of tubes and properly match them for the best sound.  

We may have to go through a large number of poor tubes to arrive with the matched pair, so with the time and labor and number of tubes we reject we need to charge more to make a profit. 

That is the reason our prices need to be higher. Thanks for the email and we fully understand if you choose to buy the tubes from another vendor. 

We do appreciate your business and hope my explanation was acceptable.

Best regards,

Frank''

So buy them with Woo if you want to be sure :)

Mar 8, 2014 at 8:20 PM Post #1,236 of 4,839
  Probably the best, I know they check through a lot of tubes to find the "perfect" ones. Here is the mail from Frank:

So buy them with Woo if you want to be sure :)

Thanks, Xtri.   
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 8, 2014 at 10:05 PM Post #1,240 of 4,839
I just ordered a pair of 6FD7's from Woo, waiting for them too arrive.
I had a hard time finding them on their site also, but eventually went into every section I could and finally found them. Don't bother trying to find their tube (adapters) if you need them, you will not find them listed individually (without the tubes), you have to e-mail them for the just the adapters (without the tubes).

Mar 8, 2014 at 10:19 PM Post #1,241 of 4,839
  I just ordered a pair of 6FD7's from Woo, waiting for them too arrive.
I had a hard time finding them on their site also, but eventually went into every section I could and finally found them. Don't bother trying to find their tube (adapters) if you need them, you will not find them listed individually (without the tubes), you have to e-mail them for the just the adapters (without the tubes).

Thanks.

Tubes are listed under the upgrade options on the individual amp pages. The 6FD7s in particular are on the same page as the WA6-SE.

Thanks, guys.

Mar 9, 2014 at 4:15 AM Post #1,245 of 4,839
When I have tested my fat bottle 6FD7s I have found these valves pretty consistent, with no rejects and plenty of options to match pairs. Getting examples is certainly harder nowdays especially pairs but GE and Sylvanias are still readily available and putting together pairs from ebays is still possible with little effort. There are certainly pairs still out there who don't want to go the Woo route.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back