Woo Audio WA6 + WA6SE: Tubes, Comments, Pictures, and Advice
Apr 4, 2013 at 2:39 AM Post #439 of 4,843
Welcome !  
beerchug.gif

Apr 4, 2013 at 10:36 AM Post #440 of 4,843
Cheers!

I've been enjoying my T1's with the WA3, and the D7000's with the WA6. I hope to upgrade to the Fostex TH900's eventually, to replace the Denons. Soon, hopefully I will be getting the AT W3000ANV. Does anyone have experience with this AT and the WA6?

I finally got to try the LCD2 at the Woo room at a recent hifi show, and liked them a lot. I would guess though that they need more power than the WA6? (I was listening to it out of the recent WA7).

Apr 4, 2013 at 10:49 AM Post #441 of 4,843
Quote:
Cheers!

I've been enjoying my T1's with the WA3, and the D7000's with the WA6. I hope to upgrade to the Fostex TH900's eventually, to replace the Denons. Soon, hopefully I will be getting the AT W3000ANV. Does anyone have experience with this AT and the WA6?

I finally got to try the LCD2 at the Woo room at a recent hifi show, and liked them a lot. I would guess though that they need more power than the WA6? (I was listening to it out of the recent WA7).

yeah WA6-SE or WA7 would drive them better. im sure the WA6 would be ok as well though, but the WA6-SE will sound more dynamic with lots of extra power left over. 

you could probably even buy a WA6-SE as an all rounder and just a few warmer sounding tubes to use with the T1 

Apr 4, 2013 at 11:04 PM Post #443 of 4,843
Quote:
Cheers!

I truly prefer my LCD2's on the Schiit Lyr,(with BiFrost DAC), over any other amp I've heard them on.
That includes my recently purchased WA6. The Lyr is a tube amp, so you have that nice sound in an amp that is adequately powerful for the Audezers.
I prefer Sennheisers and Grados on the Woo.
ESPECIALLY the Senns.

I am in search of 9pin to 8pin adaptors to run 6sn7's on the WA6.
I imagine Woo offers them, but I just wonder if there's anybody else out there carrying them.

Have ordered a USAG 596 rectifier and adaptor... that will be fun, once I've done with burn in on the stock rectifier.

Even early on, I SO love this amp!
My Senns are spending so much time on my head, my LCDs are getting jealous!
atsmile.gif

Apr 5, 2013 at 3:13 PM Post #444 of 4,843
I pulled the plug and got the WA6 non se with vcap upgrade. Is there any mod I should think of doing to pair with my akg 702 65th anniversary editions and yulong d100 Dac? I cant wait to try this setup!!! What do you guys think of this combo?

Apr 5, 2013 at 4:50 PM Post #445 of 4,843
Have just sold my WA6 five minutes ago
mad.gif
.....but will keep the Sophia Princess and eventually will upgrade to a WA6SE....if I can find one second hand.
Meanwhile my Phoenix has to tide me over but I just think I can get more out of the HD800 with a WA6SE....at least I hope so!
Just like the "journey", trying out different configurations,components etc.

Apr 5, 2013 at 10:24 PM Post #446 of 4,843
Quote:
Have just sold my WA6 five minutes ago
mad.gif
.....but will keep the Sophia Princess and eventually will upgrade to a WA6SE....if I can find one second hand.
Meanwhile my Phoenix has to tide me over but I just think I can get more out of the HD800 with a WA6SE....at least I hope so!
Just like the "journey", trying out different configurations,components etc.

+1 for WA6SE.  Should also add a WA22 or WA5 to your list too
wink_face.gif
.  The journey will never end...I'm looking for a nice DAC to replace my Bifrost here too.         

Apr 6, 2013 at 2:18 PM Post #449 of 4,843
Quote:
I pulled the plug and got the WA6 non se with vcap upgrade. Is there any mod I should think of doing to pair with my akg 702 65th anniversary editions and yulong d100 Dac? I cant wait to try this setup!!! What do you guys think of this combo?

Should be a great choice.  Congrats!

Apr 6, 2013 at 3:26 PM Post #450 of 4,843
Quote:

The Mytek DAC's specs look great!  The form factor is just perfect to just slide into the old Bifrost's slot.  I was eyeing on the W4S DAC-2 and the Oppo BDP-105.  Thanks!     

Love my W4S DAC 2.  Found one for a steal on eBay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back