Woo Audio WA-8
Apr 13, 2017 at 1:47 AM Post #617 of 838
  So what headphones are you WA8 owners running these days? The PS1k and ZMF Ori both pair wonderfully without any sense of being underpowered.

Sony MDR-Z1r.

Apr 13, 2017 at 1:50 AM Post #618 of 838
Apr 18, 2017 at 9:36 PM Post #619 of 838
Ether Flow

Apr 18, 2017 at 10:07 PM Post #620 of 838

My buddy (non Head-Fier) heard my Z1R/WA8 combo and he couldn't get over how incredible it sounded. So he ordered a WA8... and a Focal Utopia.

Not to be outdone, I just picked up a Utopia and now we both rock the Utopia and WA8 (and sometimes the Z1R for me). Both are incredible combos. I go Z1R when I need isolation, but Utopia at all other times.

Apr 19, 2017 at 8:29 PM Post #621 of 838

My buddy (non Head-Fier) heard my Z1R/WA8 combo and he couldn't get over how incredible it sounded. So he ordered a WA8... and a Focal Utopia.

Not to be outdone, I just picked up a Utopia and now we both rock the Utopia and WA8 (and sometimes the Z1R for me). Both are incredible combos. I go Z1R when I need isolation, but Utopia at all other times.

:heart_eyes: :pray_tone1:

Apr 20, 2017 at 8:22 AM Post #622 of 838
Oh, I forgot one reason I like using my WA-8 on the plane I can charge while listening!  Thanks Woo Audio for that feature!

gs1000.gif

Apr 20, 2017 at 11:15 AM Post #623 of 838
hey guys can anyone tell me about WA7 (or WA7tp) vs WA8? regardless the portability.

i saw few comments saying that WA8 wins hands down ( i doubt it ) new toy syndrome maybe.

Apr 20, 2017 at 12:35 PM Post #624 of 838
hey guys can anyone tell me about WA7 (or WA7tp) vs WA8? regardless the portability.

i saw few comments saying that WA8 wins hands down ( i doubt it ) new toy syndrome maybe.

WA8 wins, and it's not even close. The WA7 is not really easily transportable. Partly size, and partly shape (it's a cube, so doesn't go into a briefcase or backpack as easily).

Apr 20, 2017 at 12:52 PM Post #625 of 838

WA8: More transportable, battery power, GREAT SQ
WA7: More total power, very good SQ

I've only heard the 1st gen WA7, so the newer one (with the same DAC as the WA8) may be different, but my experience with the first gen was that it paired much better with neutral to bright headphones. It was a little darker in sound than the WA8 is, so pairing was a little more important. 

Both are brilliant products. With the WA8, you get the portability improvement, but obviously at a decent cost increase. The WA7 gives a little more headroom through it's power reserves, and some might say that it looks a little more hi-fi than the former. 

Apr 20, 2017 at 2:38 PM Post #626 of 838
Watch-out WA8, a competitor is coming...the TUR-08 from Analog squared paper . (SE & Balanced, but NO DAC)

I owe already the TU-05 and it sound wonderful ! I even modded it ! 

Apr 20, 2017 at 9:18 PM Post #627 of 838
The Analog Squared Paper (A2P) TUR-08 was briefly covered in my Fujiya Winter Festival report. One of the selling points of the WA8 is that it's an all-tube design whilst the TUR-08 is a hybrid just like the TUR-06.

So that puts the TU-05 still as being more of a competitor to the WA8 than the TUR-08.

Apr 20, 2017 at 11:20 PM Post #628 of 838
WA8 wins, and it's not even close. The WA7 is not really easily transportable. Partly size, and partly shape (it's a cube, so doesn't go into a briefcase or backpack as easily).

WA8: More transportable, battery power, GREAT SQ
WA7: More total power, very good SQ

I've only heard the 1st gen WA7, so the newer one (with the same DAC as the WA8) may be different, but my experience with the first gen was that it paired much better with neutral to bright headphones. It was a little darker in sound than the WA8 is, so pairing was a little more important. 

Both are brilliant products. With the WA8, you get the portability improvement, but obviously at a decent cost increase. The WA7 gives a little more headroom through it's power reserves, and some might say that it looks a little more hi-fi than the former. 

i will use it for less than 4 hours, and wont use it to drive HEK or HD800 lol. so WA8 can do it for me regardless.

also WA7tp + Tubes is a massive jump from WA7 standard tubes, thats why i am not sure if WA8 still can beat that, feels impossible on paper. thats why i need to find someone who heard both T_T

Apr 21, 2017 at 8:10 AM Post #629 of 838
  ...also WA7tp + Tubes is a massive jump from WA7 standard tubes, thats why i am not sure if WA8 still can beat that, feels impossible on paper...

What does that mean?

Apr 21, 2017 at 8:45 AM Post #630 of 838

What does that mean?

Talking about WA7tp + good Tubes as a whole SQ wise vs WA8.

anyway i got my answers so far. thanks for the help people ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back