Wish me luck - Hope i did ok
Dec 18, 2012 at 8:39 AM Post #16 of 18
As an update, i have received both headphones and I love both for different purposes.  I think computer games sound better with the Grados which is perfect because that's the only place i can really use them.  Music sounds fantastic on the M50s at least what I listen to.  I'm really shocked as to how much better it sounds compared to my old Bose cans.  I will say comfort on either is not that great.  In fact if i wore the Grados more than an hour or two it would kinda hurt.  Someone recommended some L cushions so maybe ill give those a shot.  The pads on the M50s feel kinda stiff, at least compared to the Bose.  The Bose were definitely more comfortable but maybe it will just take time to break in as well.  The headband doesn't bother me at all just the cushions.  Anyway these are minor gripes from what is otherwise a great purchase.  Thanks for the comments everyone and the help! :)

Dec 18, 2012 at 6:57 PM Post #17 of 18
Quote:
As an update, i have received both headphones and I love both for different purposes.  I think computer games sound better with the Grados which is perfect because that's the only place i can really use them.  Music sounds fantastic on the M50s at least what I listen to.  I'm really shocked as to how much better it sounds compared to my old Bose cans.  I will say comfort on either is not that great.  In fact if i wore the Grados more than an hour or two it would kinda hurt.  Someone recommended some L cushions so maybe ill give those a shot.  The pads on the M50s feel kinda stiff, at least compared to the Bose.  The Bose were definitely more comfortable but maybe it will just take time to break in as well.  The headband doesn't bother me at all just the cushions.  Anyway these are minor gripes from what is otherwise a great purchase.  Thanks for the comments everyone and the help! :)

Bose are known to be super comfortable. I tried their QC15 and that comfort... Man, really amazing.

Dec 18, 2012 at 7:42 PM Post #18 of 18
I recently received my M50 that I got from Amazon for $100 and i have to say so far I'm underwhelmed. I've had HD590's forever and maybe it's because I never had to pay for them (stole them from my brother ages ago) I don't think the quality of the sound I'm getting is good enough for me to keep. 

Beauty of Amazon is their excellent return policy and with the Ultrasone Pro 750 on sale for $161 http://www.amazon.com/Ultrasone-PRO-Closed-Back-Professional-Headphones/dp/B003USCCFA/ref=reg_hu-rd_add_1_dp I might just buy these to try while I ship the M50 back.

I still have some Skullcandy MMM coming my way. Overpriced at $300 but for half price I had to try them...It truly is a terrible yet wonderful hobby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back