Winter Deal: HM-601 Player and RE-Zero Combo $259
Nov 22, 2010 at 12:48 PM Post #64 of 152

Quote:
Quote:
Because Sony haven't released a portable SACD player.

I'm sorry but that's a terrible answer, if one at all. So explain to me again, why do you feel it necessary to use 24bit files on the go?

I'll try.  Because 24 bit masters sound fantastic and if you can have better sound why not do it?  Otherwise what's the point of the whole forum?  Explain to me why you wouldn't want hi-res audio for any form of listening, portable or not?

Nov 22, 2010 at 4:51 PM Post #65 of 152
Easy on the caffeine, bro.

Quote:
What are the opamp chips used in the HM-601? Are they the same? Everything appears the same except it come with the re-zero, it has 2gb, no dac for computer, its about 100 dollars less ($259 plus shipping 269.99 and a 16gb sd card about 20 dollars more at a total of $290) than the intro price of the HM-602 at 369.99* plus shipping $390 with re262 so its 390-290=100. Now that the HM-602 is $440 a 170 dollar and does not come with headphones it is easy to predict that the flow of people to the HM-601 with the free re-zero.. If you got the HM-602 with 16gb, re262 and usb dac your still getting a deal if you purchased at the 369.99* intro price because the re262 ($200) are $100 more than the re-zero($100) which will make up for the 100 less difference between the HM-601 and HM-602 and that leaves the usb dac for free which i can not put a value on in a all in one unit.It is still not known what opamp is used in the HM-601 which could make a value difference .....either way i would like to know what op-amps are in the HM-601. I think that the clientele on this website would be very interested in the opamp because that they like to make informed buying decisions on any audiophile quality product.....that's what this site is for.

Nov 22, 2010 at 11:28 PM Post #67 of 152
Fang, is the HM601 in stock now and I live in New York so would it be shipping from your New York location or would it be shipping from China? If China would shipping service be EMS?

Nov 23, 2010 at 12:04 AM Post #69 of 152
I know they have a place in New York but the RE262 I have shipped from China via EMS which is why I asked.

Nov 24, 2010 at 4:20 AM Post #71 of 152

[size=medium] [size=11pt]Hello Everyone, This is my first post on Headfi. Ive been reading the forums for the last 3 months trying to learn everything I can about how to get good sound from my PC and portables.[/size]
[size=11pt]In the last 3 months I have acquired the following equipment.[/size]
[size=11pt]Audinst HUD-MX1[/size]
[size=11pt]Audio-Technica ATH-AD900[/size]
[size=11pt]Yuin PK2[/size]
[size=11pt]Clip + (Rockboxed straight away)[/size]

[size=11pt]Being married with Kids and mortgage, “Bang for Buck” is very important to me, and I hope I have come close to achieving this.[/size]

[size=11pt]Already own an ipod touch (Sounds terrible) and an ipod classic (Sounds much better although badly beaten by the Clip+)[/size]
[size=11pt]I am currently very interested in the Fisher Audio DBA-02 for my first canal phone, but have now come upon the  HM601 and RE-Zero deal. [/size]

[size=11pt]I have 2 questions[/size]
[size=11pt]1. Are the RE-Zero a good match for the HM601?[/size]
[size=11pt]    Will they keep me happy for a time or will I be chasing the Fisher audios ASAP.[/size]
[size=11pt]    I know this is very subjective and I am asking questions that only I can aswer, but would love some opinions.[/size]

[size=11pt]2. How do I possibly explain to my wife I need a new DAP and Headphones. This is amazingly addictive!!![/size]
[/size]

Nov 24, 2010 at 4:55 AM Post #72 of 152

Quote:

[size=medium] [size=11pt]1. Are the RE-Zero a good match for the HM601?[/size]
[size=11pt]    Will they keep me happy for a time or will I be chasing the Fisher audios ASAP.[/size]
[size=11pt]    I know this is very subjective and I am asking questions that only I can aswer, but would love some opinions.[/size]
[/size]

The RE-Zero is a good match for the HM-602 at least in my opinion(and the two is quite indistinguishable for many people, Fang said). The combo sounds really good, and I don't need an IEM upgrade. I still miss the RE262 I sold a few days ago(and I admit the 262 sounds far better), but I can live without it. When I hear the Zero, I feel like 'how better can it be from here?' even though I know the answer. It kills my need for an IEM upgrade.

[size=medium]Quote:[/size]
[size=medium]Originally Posted by [/size][size=medium]davidk9205[/size][size=medium] [/size][size=medium]/img/forum/go_quote.gif[/size]

[size=medium] 2. How do I possibly explain to my wife I need a new DAP and Headphones. This is amazingly addictive!!![/size]

Let her listen
dt880smile.png

If she doesn't enjoy the phones, than just tell her it's a cheap hobby. Yes, there are cheaper hobbies out there, but if you can control yourself enough, you won't spend more than $2K in a 10 year period, and I've read stories about it. I think it's cheap enough
wink_face.gif

Nov 24, 2010 at 8:31 AM Post #73 of 152
I have had the chance since the ChiUniFi meet a week or so ago to listen to the HM-602 and to be honest, I really didn't expect that much.  Boy, I could not have been so wrong.  This middle brother to the HM-601, the HM-602 really seems to have gotten things right.  I have taken out some of my recent CD purchases and copied them to FLAC and loaded them onto the HM-602.  The HM-602 sounds great.  I have taken time to listen using both my Klipsch X10i and my JH-13 Pros with the TWag cable as well as listening using full size headphones including my HD600, AKG 702 and even my Beyerdynamics Telsa T1.  This little unit was fully satisfying no matter what headphone I used.  

If the little brother is anywhere close to its middle brother, it will be an amazing unit.  I haven't purchased any SDHC cards yet but did see a class 4 Toshiba 16 gb card recently at Sam's Club for under $35 so adding this at least won't break the bank.

Nov 24, 2010 at 2:56 PM Post #74 of 152

[size=medium]
Ok, just got done reading the 29 page 801 firmware debug thread.  It appears no less than 7 others report not being able to play 24/88 files on the 801.  I understand the possibility of down sampling to 24/48 yet one person here and Fang says they can play 24/88 w/o issue.  I decided to upload a sample FLAC for you all to try and see if you can play it of get an endless loop/freeze requiring reset.  I also tried converting the file to WAV but it just gets passed over in the song cycle.  If anyone has a 24/88 file that works w/ the 602/601/801 please give a link for testing.

http://www.mediafire.com/?43p3htvgz8t13jg 
[/size]

Nov 26, 2010 at 7:33 AM Post #75 of 152
what,you only accept paypal?no mastercard? you just ruined this for me head direct...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back