Winston-Salem / Triad meet (April 20th, 2013)
Feb 17, 2013 at 3:34 PM Post #92 of 266
I'm trying to purchase a few entry-level dacs and/or amps.  Whichever ones I like I'm going to keep, then sell the rest.  Would anyone be interested in those being brought to the meet before I do sell them?  I think, like me, there are a few new to the hobby that will be coming and might be interested in such as these.  I was already surprised someone wanted to try out the clip+, so maybe this is a similar situation
wink_face.gif

Feb 17, 2013 at 5:26 PM Post #93 of 266
Usually the rule of thumb is that it's okay as long as your priority is to be an attendee and be sociable, rather than to be a salesman.

However, permitting sales is at the organizer's discretion, so it's up to RastaDolphin to give his say so.

Feb 17, 2013 at 8:23 PM Post #95 of 266
Ikr. Id b interested in hearing them myself. Btw im still not sure what ill b setting up on... Ive got a cd with my fav refrance songs ready to b used in demoing all that gear... But i might rent a school lap top for the weekend. Give the dac a real junker to clean up.

I think when you see me there, you'll find I'm no salesman.  I would find myself a much poorer man were it so

Ohhhh dang who's bringing the d7k :D

Feb 18, 2013 at 10:32 AM Post #97 of 266
Hey guys.  I won't be able to make this one.  I really enjoyed the Charlotte meet and was looking forward to this.  But we will be on vacation hanging with the Rat in Orlando the weekend of the 20th.

I noticed that there are a lot of friendly people from last time and new names popping up from this one.  So hopefully we can keep this rolling as a more frequent affair in the Carolinas.  Maybe someone will throw together a RDU meet.  It looks like I'm seeing more and more posts of "I'm in Raleigh."  And Ardgedee and I were talking about maybe having a portable mini meet sometime in RDU.  But nothing in the works yet.

Also.  After the last one, I talked to Drew from Moon Audio on the phone about something and he said he didn't know about the Charlotte Meet.  With Christmas and January being some of his busiest times, he doesn't always get on the boards so he didn't know about it.  I think he would be receptive to an e-mail or call about the Winston Meet.  He might be interested.  Who knows.

If someone who knows him or has had recent dealing with him wants to ping him, I'm sure that would be acceptable.  If not, I can do it for you.

Feb 18, 2013 at 2:45 PM Post #98 of 266
I have some earphones that I can bring with me. But I'm a Senior college student in UNC, not sure if I will have time by then.
So undecided for me XD
If I am able to come, I would be able to bring the following items:

FAD FI-BA-SS
Fit ear togo334 (new version)
W4R
Sennheiser IE800
iRiver AK100

Feb 18, 2013 at 5:53 PM Post #99 of 266
Nice Nice, I wanna try to get a group together for SC as well. I don't mind heading 4 hours to winsten Salem to hook up with u dudes ;3. But we SC guys need something xD closer

Feb 19, 2013 at 11:57 AM Post #104 of 266
Quote:
Hey guys.  I won't be able to make this one.  I really enjoyed the Charlotte meet and was looking forward to this.  But we will be on vacation hanging with the Rat in Orlando the weekend of the 20th.

I noticed that there are a lot of friendly people from last time and new names popping up from this one.  So hopefully we can keep this rolling as a more frequent affair in the Carolinas.  Maybe someone will throw together a RDU meet.  It looks like I'm seeing more and more posts of "I'm in Raleigh."  And Ardgedee and I were talking about maybe having a portable mini meet sometime in RDU.  But nothing in the works yet.

Also.  After the last one, I talked to Drew from Moon Audio on the phone about something and he said he didn't know about the Charlotte Meet.  With Christmas and January being some of his busiest times, he doesn't always get on the boards so he didn't know about it.  I think he would be receptive to an e-mail or call about the Winston Meet.  He might be interested.  Who knows.

If someone who knows him or has had recent dealing with him wants to ping him, I'm sure that would be acceptable.  If not, I can do it for you.

Good idea.  Sent Drew an email this morning. 

-Pat

Users who are viewing this thread

Back