Winston-Salem / Triad meet (April 20th, 2013)
Feb 27, 2013 at 9:32 AM Post #121 of 266
I think the Zune had the potential to be as hackable. Its problem was mostly that it never had sufficient cred or sold in large enough volume to make it attractive to hack. A bummer because the hardware in some of the Zunes is actually pretty good. I run the cabling FAQ and nobody's once stepped up to provide a LOD pinout for the Zune. It's possible, but hardly anybody cares.

My own computer and audio system is pretty nearly all Apple products but I have no patience for platform bashing. Run what you like -- there's too much good stuff out there to make fun of people who don't want to choose the same things you do.

Feb 28, 2013 at 2:26 PM Post #123 of 266
I'm over an hour away and a college student with questionable access to transportation, but if I can make it:

Yulong D100
HD650 Stock Cable + Balanced DIY cable using Toxic Cables UPOCC Copper wire
DT880 600 Ohm Balanced cable using same Toxic Cables wire
A Cowon J3? I actually love this thing as far as portables go.

Mar 1, 2013 at 8:56 AM Post #125 of 266
I'm considering driving up from Atlanta, GA (85N - Greenville, SC - Charlotte, SC - Winston-Salem). Would anyone be interested in carpooling with me if I can swing it (room for 3 in my Infinity M35)?

Mar 1, 2013 at 9:20 AM Post #127 of 266
Quote:
I'm considering driving up from Atlanta, GA (85N - Greenville, SC - Charlotte, SC - Winston-Salem). Would anyone be interested in carpooling with me if I can swing it (room for 3 in my Infinity M35)?

I'm close to Charleston SC, so maybe we can work something out.

Mar 1, 2013 at 10:06 AM Post #128 of 266

I'm close to Charlotte SC, so maybe we can work something out.

Im in myrtlebeach sc, i might meet u in Greenville

Mar 1, 2013 at 11:20 AM Post #129 of 266
Just to update what I'm bringing:

Modded AD900 (Beyer gel pads and AD2000 drivers installed)
FiiO E17
Schiit Magni
Laptop with some music on it. 

Mar 1, 2013 at 11:25 AM Post #130 of 266
Quote:
Just to update what I'm bringing:

Modded AD900 (Beyer gel pads and AD2000 drivers installed)
FiiO E17
Schiit Magni
Laptop with some music on it. 

NICE, I want to hear those AD900s

in addition... does some one have n extra laptop? [a junker is fine]

I need one to use with my odac an my external music hard drive

Mar 1, 2013 at 6:13 PM Post #131 of 266
Mshenay I have an old toshiba laptop that's pretty slow but has the latest version of foobar and plays audio fine. Your welcome to use it if you would like,sounds like if would fit your needs.
Does the magni need a driver to run?

Mar 4, 2013 at 3:12 PM Post #132 of 266
Just curious. Are they going to have other tables available to us?  Seems that it might get a little crowded with just the one. Also, should we bring extra extension cords and such?

Mar 4, 2013 at 3:13 PM Post #133 of 266
Just curious. Are they going to have other tables available to us?  Seems that it might get a little crowded with just the one. Also, should we bring extra extension cords and such?

Mar 4, 2013 at 4:00 PM Post #134 of 266
Wow! Just got my LCD-3s this past Thurs. Really gorgeous phones. Too bad I don't have anything to power them. Hopefully Tom Tutay will have my custom HA to me well before the meet. I'd like to get some hours on everything. I'm expecting some Norse Audio cables (Reign 24). Would be really sweet to have those as well. The little CMOYs sound great. I still have no idea how anything else sounds. Made almost all of my purchases from reading Head-Fi. 

Mar 5, 2013 at 12:54 AM Post #135 of 266
Wow! Just got my LCD-3s this past Thurs. Really gorgeous phones. Too bad I don't have anything to power them. Hopefully Tom Tutay will have my custom HA to me well before the meet. I'd like to get some hours on everything. I'm expecting some Norse Audio cables (Reign 24). Would be really sweet to have those as well. The little CMOYs sound great. I still have no idea how anything else sounds. Made almost all of my purchases from reading Head-Fi. 

Congratulations on your purchase! That's a pretty major upgrade that you had there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back