Winston-Salem / Triad meet (April 20th, 2013)
Feb 21, 2013 at 9:04 AM Post #106 of 266
Just ordered some CMOY BB amps from ebay. Came from a guy in Kansas. These come in some cool mint tins. Will bring one to the meet. Will give a review when they arrive.

Feb 21, 2013 at 9:48 AM Post #107 of 266
Quote:
Just ordered some CMOY BB amps from ebay. Came from a guy in Kansas. These come in some cool mint tins. Will bring one to the meet. Will give a review when they arrive.

yea I'm bringing mine as well. Mines a JDS labs though

Feb 21, 2013 at 11:04 AM Post #108 of 266
Quote:

Sounds like the same guy I got mine from. Mine doesn't have bass boost, though. Will be interested to see the difference. Congrats on the level-up. :)

Feb 21, 2013 at 8:02 PM Post #109 of 266
I also have a DIY cMoyBB v2.03 that I made (naked -- too lazy to drill an Altoids tin!). I'll see if I still have it when the meet comes up. All parts are from JDS, with a single 9V alkaline battery and a DC jack. The bass boost is quite considerably stronger than that of my C421!

Also, to kind of answer my own question above, I asked around (including my friends at Wake) and there seems to be a quite nice electronics components shop in downtown Winston near the baseball park. I've never been there so I can't vouch for it, but it'll probably sure beat buying a 4" heat shrink that costs less than twice the amount of shipping required 
size]
!

Feb 22, 2013 at 11:01 AM Post #111 of 266
Quote:
I also have a DIY cMoyBB v2.03 that I made (naked -- too lazy to drill an Altoids tin!). I'll see if I still have it when the meet comes up. All parts are from JDS, with a single 9V alkaline battery and a DC jack. The bass boost is quite considerably stronger than that of my C421!

Also, to kind of answer my own question above, I asked around (including my friends at Wake) and there seems to be a quite nice electronics components shop in downtown Winston near the baseball park. I've never been there so I can't vouch for it, but it'll probably sure beat buying a 4" heat shrink that costs less than twice the amount of shipping required 
size]
!

yea my jds cMoy BB is pretty BASSY BOOSTING, it will b nice to hear the differance between the 3 different cMoys xD will b having! 

Feb 25, 2013 at 9:02 AM Post #114 of 266
Quote:
Welcome! Bringing any gear? We could probably use some more sources.

indeed... my odac will need a usb 2.0 source... as 3.0s r no good for odac q.q

Feb 25, 2013 at 1:36 PM Post #115 of 266
No bass boost on mine. I don't think it needs it but I've never heard one with the BB. In fact, I'm so new to this I thought I would start at the bottom so I can appreciate the changes as I make them later.

Feb 26, 2013 at 3:51 PM Post #117 of 266
Quote:
Thanks!
I am still in search of my first pair of headphone actually...but will definitely bring whatever I am going to get

... you know you should save your money come and DEMO everything we have and then buy a pair of cans! You might REALLY benifit from that! I regreat buying my First DAP [Zune HD] I wish I had listened to a Cowon b4 I got my zune q.q

Feb 26, 2013 at 4:57 PM Post #118 of 266
Quote:
... you know you should save your money come and DEMO everything we have and then buy a pair of cans! You might REALLY benifit from that! I regreat buying my First DAP [Zune HD] I wish I had listened to a Cowon b4 I got my zune q.q

That which doesn't kill us makes us stronger.  Or so I've heard; yours is probably the more sound way to go about it.  I considered that route, but couldn't quite hack it.  Thankfully everything so far has been good.  I just got a pair of AD700s from amazon, they are excellent.  Really good for classical.  I have no idea if they are the best, but what I've heard so far they're wonderful.  The 02+ODAC combo is also fantastic.  The main thing is to make sure you don't max out the plastic trying out a bunch of stuff
blink.gif

Feb 27, 2013 at 8:06 AM Post #120 of 266
Quote:
That which doesn't kill us makes us stronger.  Or so I've heard; yours is probably the more sound way to go about it.  I considered that route, but couldn't quite hack it.  Thankfully everything so far has been good.  I just got a pair of AD700s from amazon, they are excellent.  Really good for classical.  I have no idea if they are the best, but what I've heard so far they're wonderful.  The 02+ODAC combo is also fantastic.  The main thing is to make sure you don't max out the plastic trying out a bunch of stuff
blink.gif

Indeed q.q. The zune would have also been nice IF it was hackable

also I might have Mod Dogs [Alpha pads] instead of what ever else I posted

Users who are viewing this thread

Back