1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Winnipeg meets' thread (Ongoing)

First

Back
213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222
Next

Last
  1. ecwl
    I liked my old Sennheiser HD280 Pro. $120 new on Amazon with free shipping. Closed headphones.

2. acidbasement
    Yeah, the HD280 Pro is pretty good, and has great isolation. My dad uses it when driving the tractor.
    Beyer DT770 Pro would be worth listening to at Long & McQuade, but it's a bit more $$.

3. Velomane
    Thanks for the help. The Sennheiser looks perfect for the job.

4. Armaegis
    Plugging into a guitar amp, you probably want low sensitivity as they'll be rather noisy circuits.
    Usually they have high output impedance as well, so you'll want headphones with high impedance or planars to mitigate that.
    Closed or semi-closed is probably best.

This is the lowest I've seen the Fostex T50RP mk3... https://www.long-mcquade.com/63953/...es/Fostex/Semi-Open-Ear-Studio-Headphones.htm
    You can also shop around for a Beyerdynamic DT770 or DT880 (minimum 80 ohm, I'd recommend the 250ohm or 600ohm)
    Maybe a Sennheiser HD598C (or heck if you don't mind the open backed 598, I'm pretty sure I've still got one somewhere).
    The ol' HD280 and 380 are great for isolation and do fold up, but clamp very hard so comfort could be an issue. I'd pick the DT770 over them (but it's significantly bulkier).

Last edited: Dec 12, 2018
  5. AdamAtAdvance
    Hey guys, Focal has a few refurbished ELEAR for $899 if anyone is interested. Just send me a PM if you want one. And have a Merry Christmas!

6. Armaegis
  7. dscythe
    Merry Christmas!

Viper2005 likes this.
  8. Hexler
    Thanks

9. AdamAtAdvance
    Hi everyone! I hope that you all had a great new year. The forum has been quiet so I thought that I'd pop in here to see if anyone is interested in a meetup soon? We can have it at the store if anyone is interested? The weekend would best as I can reserve us some quiet space either upstairs or downstairs. What do you think?

Also, we got in the new Focal Stellia and it's finally broken in if you want to give it a spin. Definitely nicer in person than the photos online and they're the best sounding closed-back headphones that I've ever heard.

10. justb2
    I'm in! I've got a couple new toys to bring to the party and weekends work well for me.

11. -iKa-
    I'm in, always nice to get a break from studying and I'm excited to try out the Stellia.

12. rifi
    I am in too! That said, I am not available until the second half of April. If you all can wait that long I will gladly join in.

13. Velomane
    If I'm free that day, I'll be there.

14. Rubin
    Thanks for offering the space, Adam! Count me in as well unless I have a conflict come up. Should be here at the end of April.

15. Armaegis
    Haha, obviously we all lurk considering how quickly we responded.
    I've got a nutty work schedule these days, but I'm down for meeting if I'm free.

@AdamAtAdvance I can help send out a group pm once we have a date picked

First

Back
213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222
Next

Last