Winnipeg meets' thread (Ongoing)
Oct 10, 2018 at 3:11 PM Post #3,303 of 4,133
Hi, I'd like to introduce myself to the group. I've been a member on Head-Fi pretty much since it started, but have mostly only ever lurked since my early Grado years. Always wanted to attend a local meet but was hesitant because I've only ever owned common gear. If that doesn'e matter, I'd like to attend a meet sometime so I can meet some others in the hobby. Back when I first got into headphones, they were on the esoteric fringes of audiophilia. It's crazy to see how much things have changed since then!

Welcome to the fold! I've added you to my list for local Winnipeg guys.
Holy cow, you joined in 2001...

Oct 10, 2018 at 3:11 PM Post #3,304 of 4,133
Hi, I'd like to introduce myself to the group. I've been a member on Head-Fi pretty much since it started, but have mostly only ever lurked since my early Grado years. Always wanted to attend a local meet but was hesitant because I've only ever owned common gear. If that doesn'e matter, I'd like to attend a meet sometime so I can meet some others in the hobby. Back when I first got into headphones, they were on the esoteric fringes of audiophilia. It's crazy to see how much things have changed since then!

Welcome!
I'd assume we're having another meet some time later this year/early next year. No need to worry about not having any large gear collection, there's plenty to listen to already.

Side note: If/when we do have a meet, I recently bought a minidsp EARS headphone measurement jig, so if anyone wants to measure some mods they've done I'm more than willing to bring it.

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2018 at 4:31 PM Post #3,305 of 4,133

Welcome, fellow Winterpegger!
Our meets are lots of fun, don’t worry if you don’t have gear to bring, we already have more gear than table space :wink:
I’m actually looking forward to the next meet, I sadly missed the last one.

Oct 10, 2018 at 7:07 PM Post #3,306 of 4,133
Welcome to the fold! I've added you to my list for local Winnipeg guys.
Holy cow, you joined in 2001...

IIRC I was lurking around Headwize even before Jude started Head-Fi.

Welcome!
I'd assume we're having another meet some time later this year/early next year. No need to worry about not having any large gear collection, there's plenty to listen to already...

Welcome, fellow Winterpegger!
Our meets are lots of fun, don’t worry if you don’t have gear to bring, we already have more gear than table space ...

It looks like the next meet is in February judging by Armaegis' signature? I've been thinking of getting one of those miniDSP rigs so I'd be curious to see it.

Oct 10, 2018 at 7:19 PM Post #3,307 of 4,133
It looks like the next meet is in February judging by Armaegis' signature?

Oh whoops, there no meet currently in the plans. I just get an error whenever I try to edit my sig.

Oct 21, 2018 at 6:03 PM Post #3,309 of 4,133
Oct 23, 2018 at 12:20 PM Post #3,312 of 4,133
I think I was most impressed with the open baffle systems I heard including the little guys from SoundKaos. MBL (the ones that look like lanterns) were also amazingly lifelike. Of course the Verity Audio room was amazing but the setup was $1.1M USD ($150K in cables)

Oct 26, 2018 at 4:13 PM Post #3,313 of 4,133
Hi guys!

The new Focal Elegia headphones just came in. Stop by for a listen!

Also, Paradigm is flying out their flagship Persona 9H floorstanding speakers in 2 weeks for an event that we're holding. It's free for everyone so if you're interested come on down Friday afternoon from 1-5pm and Saturday from 10am to 4pm.

Oct 26, 2018 at 4:16 PM Post #3,314 of 4,133
Just got the Campfire Andromeda S. I'm not sure how people feel about sharing IEMs but I'm willing to bring some wipes, tips, etc to the next meet, this is something I think a lot of people need to hear and won't be able to easily in Winnipeg.

Oct 26, 2018 at 5:59 PM Post #3,315 of 4,133
Hi guys!

The new Focal Elegia headphones just came in. Stop by for a listen!

Also, Paradigm is flying out their flagship Persona 9H floorstanding speakers in 2 weeks for an event that we're holding. It's free for everyone so if you're interested come on down Friday afternoon from 1-5pm and Saturday from 10am to 4pm.

Ooh, I really loved the Persona 3F so I'll definitely be in to hear those.

Also quite interested in hearing the Elegia, seems like everyone is hopping on the closed back conversions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back