WINDOWS users-- which web browser do you use and why?
Jan 24, 2010 at 8:30 AM Post #169 of 234
Quote:

Originally Posted by floydman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
love Google Chrome, wish it came out for OS X... full screen mode is awesome, and the interface is really simple and clean

Google Chrome beta for Mac have been out for 1 1/2 month (December 8th), but sadly it is crippled in functions compared to the MS Windows and GNU/Linux versions.

The lack of extensions and bookmarks manager is most annoying.

Jan 25, 2010 at 4:30 PM Post #171 of 234
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Google Chrome beta for Mac have been out for 1 1/2 month (December 8th), but sadly it is crippled in functions compared to the MS Windows and GNU/Linux versions.

The lack of extensions and bookmarks manager is most annoying.

Well it is a beta…

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sduibek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why would anyone even want Chrome for MacOS? Isn't Safari like super-awesome+1 on MacOS?

They each have pros/cons. Chrome is the fastest, Safari has the best integration with Mac OS, and Firefox has the most extensibility and best color management. (I personally use Firefox)

Which, btw, for all the Firefox users out there: Firefox 3.6 is out! Upgrade now!

Jan 25, 2010 at 5:09 PM Post #172 of 234
Quote:

Why would anyone even want Chrome for MacOS? Isn't Safari like super-awesome+1 on MacOS?

Yeah, safari is awesome. It lets other people take control over your mac
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 25, 2010 at 8:15 PM Post #174 of 234
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bredin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, safari is awesome. It lets other people take control over your mac
smily_headphones1.gif

All current browsers have security vulnerabilities. Firefox and Chrome are no exception (though Chrome tends to fair very well, ie: the Pwn2own competition)

Jan 25, 2010 at 9:43 PM Post #176 of 234
Quote:

Pwn2own, What lolwut

Pwn2Own is a competition to compromise web browsers and mobile devices. Google around and you'll find out more about it. You can also look at last year's results, where Chrome was the only browser not compromised.

(Opera wasn't a part of the competition, just goes to show how no one cares about it
wink.gif
)

Jan 25, 2010 at 10:43 PM Post #177 of 234
Quote:

Originally Posted by hectuero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Pwn2Own is a competition to compromise web browsers and mobile devices. Google around and you'll find out more about it. You can also look at last year's results, where Chrome was the only browser not compromised.

(Opera wasn't a part of the competition, just goes to show how no one cares about it
wink.gif
)

lol @ the Opera part. Hey be fair though, OperaMini is by far the best mobile/phone browser.

Then again, Google is quickly (and/or already has?) becoming the next Microsoft... deceptive tactics, ubiquotous presence, etc. Many Google products install crap on your system that they don't even mention (Google Update being installed in Program Files, Scheduled Tasks, AND your browser Plugins), and who knows how much data they are mining via their ad services and whatnot. It's really scary if you think about it. Google is seriously becoming the Big Brother of the PC/IT universe, I think already much moreso than people fear(ed) about Micro$oft. I love classic Google products such as Gmail, but they're just becoming more corporate the way I see things. Others have commented on the lack of customizability of many of their products. Massive data mining via ad services and tracking, limited customizability, and automated backend installations? Erhhhgg.

Jan 26, 2010 at 12:19 AM Post #178 of 234
Quote:

Originally Posted by hectuero /img/forum/go_quote.gif

And still it's missing the MasterPassword feature..

Jan 26, 2010 at 5:13 AM Post #179 of 234
Quote:

lol @ the Opera part. Hey be fair though, OperaMini is by far the best mobile/phone browser.

If you exclude Mobile Safari, yes.
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bredin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And still it's missing the MasterPassword feature..

Compromising isn't the same as protecting your saved passwords, etc. from local users.

Jan 26, 2010 at 5:17 AM Post #180 of 234
Quote:

Originally Posted by TopPop /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've been a Firefox user for a number of years now, but I think I might go ahead and give Chrome a try when I make the switch over to a new hard drive and Windows 7 next week. My CE roommates prefer it over Firefox by a wide margin at this point.

UPDATE: I've been using Chrome now for about 4-5 days, and I have to say... I like it! It seems simpler, more efficient, and possibly even faster than Firefox.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back