WINDOWS users-- which web browser do you use and why?
Jan 26, 2010 at 9:33 AM Post #181 of 234
Quote:

Originally Posted by hectuero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Compromising isn't the same as protecting your saved passwords, etc. from local users.

No, it's not the same. But it's a security feature that probably is just as important.

Jan 26, 2010 at 3:38 PM Post #183 of 234
I like Firefox because 99% of websites support it, its multi-platform, and crashes less than IE. Chrome is nice and is stable but I have ran into websites that do not support it. On top of that I am used to the oldschool feel of Firefox as opposed to the new IE and chrome.

I use Safari on my Mac.

Jan 26, 2010 at 5:39 PM Post #184 of 234
Quote:

Originally Posted by EYEdROP /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I like Firefox because 99% of websites support it, its multi-platform, and crashes less than IE. Chrome is nice and is stable but I have ran into websites that do not support it. On top of that I am used to the oldschool feel of Firefox as opposed to the new IE and chrome.

I use Safari on my Mac.

I do love FIrefox and i'm using it currently, but it really frustrates me that a bunch of sites still don't work on it. Also there's bugs (like Flash capturing the mouse and keyboard when you don't want it to, and over-riding keyboard shortcuts) that has been fixed in EVERY OTHER BROWSER on the market; yet still exists in Firefox after almost 10 years. :-/

@hecteuro, Why would you consider Mobile Safari to be superior?

Jan 26, 2010 at 9:26 PM Post #185 of 234
Chrome. I like the UI, its fast, and i dont care about extensions (although they now have some available).

Jan 27, 2010 at 6:31 PM Post #188 of 234
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sduibek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I do love FIrefox and i'm using it currently, but it really frustrates me that a bunch of sites still don't work on it. Also there's bugs (like Flash capturing the mouse and keyboard when you don't want it to, and over-riding keyboard shortcuts) that has been fixed in EVERY OTHER BROWSER on the market; yet still exists in Firefox after almost 10 years. :-/

@hecteuro, Why would you consider Mobile Safari to be superior?

Because it, unlike other mobile browsers, has near-perfect rendering that rivals most desktop browsers; it also has fast JavaScript.

Jan 28, 2010 at 5:45 PM Post #189 of 234
Quote:

Because it, unlike other mobile browsers, has near-perfect rendering that rivals most desktop browsers; it also has fast JavaScript.

d00d!

Thx
biggrin.gif

Jan 29, 2010 at 6:45 PM Post #190 of 234
For those interested, Lifehacker has released their latest browser benchmark results. Shame to all of you who continue to say Firefox runs poorly on memory (it used to be terrible though, I'll admit that).

(Spoiler: Chrome won.)

Jan 29, 2010 at 6:59 PM Post #191 of 234
I can't find Safari Mobile anywhere... what am I doing wrong in my searches?

Firefox is still pretty bad on MM for me, BUT, this system's install is really old and just doing the Update each time, so that's probably why. Clean installs for the win.

Jan 29, 2010 at 10:19 PM Post #192 of 234
Quote:

I can't find Safari Mobile anywhere... what am I doing wrong in my searches?

Firefox is still pretty bad on MM for me, BUT, this system's install is really old and just doing the Update each time, so that's probably why. Clean installs for the win.

Mobile Safari exists only on the iPhone and iPod Touch.
tongue.gif

Jan 30, 2010 at 8:30 PM Post #193 of 234
Quote:

Mobile Safari exists only on the iPhone and iPod Touch.
tongue.gif

Screw that, bigots!

So on a standard, non-"smartphone" phone, I assume Opera Mini still reigns?

Jan 31, 2010 at 5:05 AM Post #194 of 234
Quote:

Screw that, bigots!

So on a standard, non-"smartphone" phone, I assume Opera Mini still reigns?

Yup. Though Firefox Mobile just got released; it's only available on certain Nokia phones though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back