WINDOWS users-- which web browser do you use and why?
Jan 1, 2010 at 3:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 234

Headphoneus Supremus
I have nothing against MacOS or Linux, but unfortunately I don't use those at the moment so the answers wouldn't be very helpful to me
wink.gif

I am interested to see feedback on Google Chrome, as I just started using it today for the first time. It does seem pretty fast compared to Firefox 3.5x, soo... hmm.

MY VOTES--
Chrome; just started using it, seems pretty awesome so far. We'll see.
Firefox; been using since 2.x days, love its speed, scalability and customization. AdBlock Plus I love you!
Opera; OperaMini, nuff said.
IE6.x; Have to use it at work. Not horrible, it's still a benchmark with which to compare other browsers I think.

Jan 1, 2010 at 3:11 PM Post #2 of 234
Firefox since 1.0

I tried Google Chrome but I don't like its interface, Opera 10 doesn't feel as fast as Firefox.

Safari is pretty good too, maybe I'll spend more time with it.

Jan 1, 2010 at 3:25 PM Post #4 of 234
I agree about the interface though, it's almost too minimalist to me. I'll try to find a skin or something. One thing also i'm not getting is Chrome is underlining in red EVERY WORD I enter into text boxes. Like right now as i'm typing this, there's a red squiggly line under every single word in this box. Creepy.

Jan 1, 2010 at 3:52 PM Post #5 of 234
Firefox, Internet Explorer 8 and Chrome. In that order...
* Chrome as a test.
* Internet Explorer 8 for a web application which fail to work in other browsers.
* Firefox for the rest.

Jan 1, 2010 at 4:23 PM Post #8 of 234
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sduibek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What kind of test?

Basically testing if it is a worthy as a replacer for Firefox, as my primary browser on MS Windows.
It still is not worthy on Mac OS X, so who knows...

Jan 1, 2010 at 4:58 PM Post #9 of 234
I've been using Firefox since 1.5. Anything without addons isn't for me.

Jan 1, 2010 at 5:35 PM Post #10 of 234
Quote:

Originally Posted by pimfram /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've been using Firefox since 1.5. Anything without addons isn't for me.

Chrome Beta supports addons
popcorn.gif

Jan 1, 2010 at 5:58 PM Post #13 of 234
My main browser is Opera, second is Firefox. I tried Chrome, but I don't like how all the mouse gesture extensions I've tried do not work on the tabs that are not a web page, for example you open up the bookmark manager (a tab pops up in Chrome with the bookmarks) and then you can't close it with the mouse gesture. Minor but really annoying for me when I am coming from Opera.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back