Williamgoody's return
May 7, 2004 at 12:52 AM Post #31 of 120
Hmm... If I were you I would get a Rottwiler or pit bull to leave in the house during the day when you're gone in case 4P4Me decides to come back when you're not there for some nice new gear...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Welly Wu
I don't like to post much any more but I feel that this should get out in the open. I sold Slimm alias 4P4Me alias William Goody a pair of Grado RS-1 headphones a while ago. He insisted on driving to my home to pick them up. I didn't think much of it at that time. He paid in full and in cash. It was a good transaction.

Five minutes ago, I get an e-mail message from a person named "Glenn." Mind you, the very same person whom I sold the Grado RS-1s to was named "Glenn." It seems that "Glenn" wants some free tips and advice on his newly acquired Ultimate Ears UE-10 PRO earphones which he will receive by mail by 8:00 AM EST tomorrow morning...hmmm...

Does William Goody have multiple personality disorder or something? If so, then I know the name of a very good shrink in our area.

May 7, 2004 at 1:43 AM Post #33 of 120
Lindrone, that is him.

Not only what you mentioned, but also 4P4me also lists "music whore" as his biography. If 4P4me is Williamgoody, so is whit96.

(edit: maybe it's just me, but williamgoody seems to be remarkably stupid if he uses highly similar information on multiple sites and then when kicked off one, he still uses the information from the other...)

May 7, 2004 at 4:15 AM Post #35 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by lindrone
I don't know whether it's good to speculate or not... but this person on iPodlounge looks suspiciously like our good friend here....

http://ipodlounge.com/forums/showthr...&postid=186770

Getting UE10-Pro... getting it by 8:00AM tomorrow?.. What's the chance of that happening in New Jersey at the same time as our dear friend Williamgoody?

The only way to be sure is to ask ipodlounge's moderator to check the guys IP if its the same with his IP here in head-fi.

May 7, 2004 at 6:06 AM Post #36 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by bahamaman
I (thought) I had an agreement with "4P4me" for him to purchase my Audiophile USB a month ago or so. No surpise, he never sent the money order after innumerable pms/ems from me inquiring if he was still interested.

I believe he indicated that he wished me to ship the unit to a family member's address, something about mail service to his place being unreliable (that should have told me something was funny). Had I not deleted it, it might have given us some info on who/where this guy is.

Thanks to the moderators finding this guy out.

I bought a Creative NJB3 from "Slimm" aka "Williamgoody" aka "4p4me" aka yada yada in March, and I had almost the same experience as bahamaman. Slimm (He said his name was Glenn ...) asked me to mail the MO to his mother's house in New City, NY (forgot the actual address.. and deleted all his PMs to make space in my Inbox..
eek.gif
), saying that he owed her some money and that 'mail service in his area was really spotty".

I sent the MO to that address using Priority mail and got the delivery confirmation 2 days later.. No word from Slimm for a week, and I start to get worried, and keep PMing him.. I track the messages, and see that he was coming online and reading his PMs but not responding back. I got serious with him and asked him why he doesn't reply to the PMs when he clearly came online everyday..

He replied 'My Mom died a few days ago.. and her neighbor was keeping the mail, so he could not get the MO, as he was busy winding up the legal formalities regarding his mother's estate' and at this excuse I melted and asked him to take care of the formalities, and send the NJB3 the first chance he could find away from the formalities. A week passed, and I got my NJB3 from him.. All in all, it was a good deal monetarily as he threw in a couple of goodies, and I reconciled to the delays thinking he was caught in an unfortunate situation with the death of his mother.

Lo and behold, in his latest For Sale thread, he says "My ma, of all, fronted me the money towards the UE10"..
confused.gif
eek.gif
confused.gif
How many mamas does he have??

I don't know if he is a con artist or a poor guy with a combo of multiple personality disorder and short term amnesia, but my transaction with him was good monetarily, and maybe I lucked out during his benign-mood phases. I hope he gets a chance to apologize and explain his actions.. heh, even murderers on trial get a chance to explain their actions..
rolleyes.gif

Just wanted to chime in with my experience with "Slimm"..

May 7, 2004 at 6:15 AM Post #37 of 120
That sounds like the common type of story about WG -- there will be unusual delays for no explained reason, then the buyer would get the item from him a good three weeks later than expected, if they were lucky. Other instances, the item never arrived, and that would be blamed on the postal service.

So the question is whether there are other sites besies ours and iPodLounge where he's tried the same thing...there's gotta be a way to track him down, and this is no longer isolated scamming but a chronic problem for this guy.

May 7, 2004 at 6:41 AM Post #38 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by raaj
....I hope he gets a chance to apologize and explain his actions.. heh, even murderers on trial get a chance to explain their actions..
rolleyes.gif

For those who might not have been around at the time, "williamgoody" was not banned until yesterday. He had ample opportunity to come in and post and private message at Head-Fi to settle all outstanding affairs. He elected not to check in using the "williamgoody" name since around October. Instead, he chose to register at least two additional profiles, and continue his buying and selling activities.

May 7, 2004 at 1:36 PM Post #39 of 120
A bit OT to our good friend Williamgoody, but a word about Confirmed Paypal addresses.

If you only allow confirmed addresses, then you are missing out on sales from headfiers all over the world. So far, I believe only the UK allows for confirmed addresses on Paypal.

Why should you care? Because Paypal is pretty much the only way for international customers to send you money. WU and bank transfer are often too expensive, and international usps money order doesn't work in most countries. And banks in many countries, in an effort to get you to make electronic money transfers, put heavy fees on money orders, and stopped using checks 20 or more years ago.

So we're right back at square one. Paypal. If you refuse unconfirmed addresses, then you're shutting us out even more.

I know people will argue the points I've made here, and I realize the risk you're taking, but it doesn't make it any less true.

May 7, 2004 at 1:50 PM Post #40 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by plainsong
A bit OT to our good friend Williamgoody, but a word about Confirmed Paypal addresses.

If you only allow confirmed addresses, then you are missing out on sales from headfiers all over the world. So far, I believe only the UK allows for confirmed addresses on Paypal.

Why should you care? Because Paypal is pretty much the only way for international customers to send you money. WU and bank transfer are often too expensive, and international usps money order doesn't work in most countries. And banks in many countries, in an effort to get you to make electronic money transfers, put heavy fees on money orders, and stopped using checks 20 or more years ago.

So we're right back at square one. Paypal. If you refuse unconfirmed addresses, then you're shutting us out even more.

I know people will argue the points I've made here, and I realize the risk you're taking, but it doesn't make it any less true.

plainsong. they've changed it now. I have a confirmed address in Spain and I had one in Sweden, though only for about the last 14 months or so. Don't know about Finland, though
wink.gif

May 7, 2004 at 4:53 PM Post #41 of 120
I can't see anywhere on Paypal that tells me that my address is confirmed. I guess they forgot about Finland....again. Everybody does.
tongue.gif
It's a verified address and I have two credit cards linked to it, but not supported. Oh well, I guess I'm just an "uncofirmed" scam artist.
tongue.gif

May 7, 2004 at 5:51 PM Post #42 of 120
I don't think the idea of only accepting confirmed address is general stretches overseas. I for one prefer confirmed addresses, but never make it a requirement for international buyers because I know that can be difficult (if not impossible) to get. But PayPal's domestic money back guarantees and the like are only valid on confirmed addresses and additionally from buyers who have a certain number of verified purchases.

Meanwhile I don't recall WilliamGoody actually ever using PayPal in his transactions, just money orders.

May 7, 2004 at 5:52 PM Post #43 of 120
Quote:

I can't see anywhere on Paypal that tells me that my address is confirmed. I guess they forgot about Finland....again. Everybody does.
tongue.gif

Wonder why...
rolleyes.gif
Blame 'The Rasmus,' that's what I would do
tongue.gif

On a serious note though, I think it's very frigning that person like slimm do trades. Thanks to you, Jude, for baning him, and hopefully solveing the problem.
I still think it's more safe to trade via Head Fi, then fx eBay or other auctions, but I usually don't deal with them either.
Slimm was pretty active in the portable audio section, and when he made 'I hafta pay my ma' thread (or whatever it was called) I was seriuesly considering to buy some of it. Guess it was to my luck, that I was doing another deal.

- Rasmus

May 7, 2004 at 5:54 PM Post #44 of 120
Quote:

tongue.gif
It's a verified address and I have two credit cards linked to it, but not supported. Oh well, I guess I'm just an "uncofirmed" scam artist.
tongue.gif

LOL! I knew there was something fishy about you
eek.gif
biggrin.gif
If you're confirmed it says so right after your title/email address in account overview.
Funny, I had no probs with them, but a friend of mine had his account frozen, then they wanted all kinds of details from him and papers galore..it was incredible! He finally sent them everything they wanted and they re-opened his account but they refused to confirm it, despite him living at the address registered to the card and despite having been a customer there for several years..go figure..
rolleyes.gif
That was Sweden
biggrin.gif

May 7, 2004 at 6:02 PM Post #45 of 120
Its all strange with PayPal...

If I use PayPal direct (via paypal.com) my address shows as unconfirmed, whereas, if I win an ebay auction, and pay with PayPal there, it says my address IS confirmed....

...strange
confused.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back