Williamgoody's return
May 9, 2004 at 2:08 AM Post #106 of 120
Just how far have his tentacles reached? How much damage has he done exactly? What has he deprived and from whom please list so we have an idea. Im sure there are transactions that were not listed in his various feedbacks!

May 9, 2004 at 3:17 AM Post #107 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fickle-Friend
Just how far have his tentacles reached? How much damage has he done exactly? What has he deprived and from whom please list so we have an idea. Im sure there are transactions that were not listed in his various feedbacks!

I was a big curious to see if I could deliniate all the supposed misdealings he's had on Head-Fi, according to his feedback...and as a note, more recently the name "Glenn" has come up, but "Bill" is what he was going by originally on this forum to others. Also, I find his chronic selling that repurchasing of items to be quite unusual -- I've certainly known people to buy back an item or two from one time to another, but his seems excessive.

Items never received
--------------------
- mclaren20 (unnamed amplifier) -- WG also claimed to never have received the CD player that was sent to him
- greenhorn (serpac Meta42, 8/15/03) -- WG received pair of AKGs for them, and agreed to send those back, but never did
- Uncledan (Philips DVD963) -- traded for DT880s plus cash, player never received
- rawhit (Nomad Jukebox 3) -- WG reportedly sent it, but it was never received
- NotoriousBIG_PJ (Slim-X)
- Gopher (Sony CE-775)

Items never paid for
--------------------
- inthused (Porta Corda II) -- Bill claimed never to have received the amp, but had after three days...inthused was never paid
- jpelg (OTL32) -- likely the same one given to Xeno7651, and was never paid for

Items received late
-------------------
- DLP (item not listed)
- Xeno7651 (Prehead, $600, 8/26/03) -- Prehead never received, but Bill did instead send an OTL32
- skagen (earphones, May '03) -- WG claimed to receive payment three weeks later than it probably arrived

Backing out of deals
--------------------
- Strohmie (AKG K501) -- agreed to buy AKGs, then recanted
- NEO (Beyer DT931) -- agreed to pay for the phones in three installments, then never followed through
- Flashbak (Sugden Headmaster, 6/23/03) -- apparently at that time he had done so two additional times
- MacDef (misc. items) -- agreed to pay, then recanted three weeks later
- skagen (microphone) -- agreed to pay, then never sent payment
- MichaelFranks (Nomad Jukebox 3) -- related to rawhit...WG agreed to buy back a Jukebox he had sold to MichaelFranks, then MF was contacted by the rawhit who had never received his Jukebox...MF pointed this out to WG, and WG never responded).

May 9, 2004 at 3:46 AM Post #108 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by lindrone
Regarding the thread on iPodlounge about his recent UE-10 Pro purchase.. no.. he doesn't have a history on iPodlounge of trading anything, ...

lindrone, he does have a history over there, just under a different screen name. how many screen names does this guy have? A full list of all his aliases should be posted on every For Sale forum on the net.

check these two threads out:

iPodLounge

Headfi

May 9, 2004 at 4:04 AM Post #109 of 120
strohmie,

You did not include my transaction that included my ASL OTL32 amp that he took possession of, but never paid for. He then used that same OTL32 to compensate Xeno7651 for the "missing" PreHead.

I believe my ripoff amount was the largest single transaction $ amount lost.

May 9, 2004 at 4:25 AM Post #111 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by jpelg
strohmie,

You did not include my transaction that included my ASL OTL32 amp that he took possession of, but never paid for. He then used that same OTL32 to compensate Xeno7651 for the "missing" PreHead.

I believe my ripoff amount was the largest single transaction $ amount lost.

Edited my post. I'm on a hunt now...I'll post more later.

If anyone who's met him sees this, could you post a description of what he looks like? I don't think that would be out of bounds in this situation.

May 9, 2004 at 4:34 AM Post #112 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by strohmie
- MichaelFranks (Nomad Jukebox 3) -- related to rawhit...WG agreed to buy back a Jukebox he had sold to MichaelFranks, then MF was contacted by the rawhit who had never received his Jukebox...MF pointed this out to WG, and WG never responded).

He responded, and stuck to his story, claiming it was lost in the mail, see the full post under feedback for "williamgoody"

May 9, 2004 at 4:40 AM Post #113 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by MichaelFranks
He responded, and stuck to his story, claiming it was lost in the mail, see the full post under feedback for "williamgoody"

Yea, that's where I compiled all this. I know what his story was, but in no way do I believe it at this point.

May 9, 2004 at 10:11 AM Post #114 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by PodMan
lindrone, he does have a history over there, just under a different screen name. how many screen names does this guy have? A full list of all his aliases should be posted on every For Sale forum on the net.

check these two threads out:

iPodLounge

Headfi

I've already posted them at the ipod studio in the feedback forum. If anyone finds anymore, please add them to that thread or notify me and I will.

May 13, 2004 at 3:45 PM Post #116 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by acs236
FYI -- Today I received the Ety 4P from "Slimm" -- they arrived as I had initially expected them to, so I can't complain.

I sure hope it's not something he's stolen from someone else and then sold to you

May 19, 2004 at 3:46 PM Post #117 of 120
Received today a PCDP and a MP3 HD Player from Slimm as promised with an addition brand-named earphone in place of the generic one. I am just to report facts but it certainly made me wonder if we r talking abt the same person?

May 19, 2004 at 5:06 PM Post #118 of 120
It's been confirmed that they are one in the same. Good grief... are people STILL dealing with him?!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by btabcdefg
Received today a PCDP and a MP3 HD Player from Slimm as promised with an addition brand-named earphone in place of the generic one. I am just to report facts but it certainly made me wonder if we r talking abt the same person?

May 19, 2004 at 5:22 PM Post #119 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by archosman
It's been confirmed that they are one in the same. Good grief... are people STILL dealing with him?!!!

I think these are just people reporting back from that last big group of items he sold just before being banned -- remember, he had already sold most of that stuff before anyone realized that he was WG. So my guess is that people are only "still" dealing with him because they didn't know better at the time.

May 20, 2004 at 8:53 AM Post #120 of 120
A number of people dealing with the former williamgoody had positive experiences...and then the hammer dropped. I hope that we do not end up with a similar experience...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back