Williamgoody's return
May 7, 2004 at 6:05 PM Post #46 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by ipodstudio
That was Sweden
biggrin.gif

You can't trust those damn Sweeds either
biggrin.gif

I don't think my paypal is confirmed either... but I've only used it like once, when I orderd an exo for my iPod... might explain it.

I have a debit card, can I use it with paypal? I think it said somewhere you'd have to upgrade to use credit card, and if you didn't you would have to use bank transfer, but bank transfer isn't 'supported' here...

May 7, 2004 at 6:05 PM Post #47 of 120
My question is... if we already know this guy is a complete scumbucket, why haven't they removed all his posts from HeadFi? It's been postulated that they were all just fabricated to get him a post count and feedback rating anyway....

What, is there some rule against deleting the posts of scummy banned people? I've had a post deleted, and all I did was talk about farts.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

May 7, 2004 at 6:14 PM Post #48 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by pank2002
You can't trust those damn Sweeds either
biggrin.gif

I don't think my paypal is confirmed either... but I've only used it like once, when I orderd an exo for my iPod... might explain it.

I have a debit card, can I use it with paypal? I think it said somewhere you'd have to upgrade to use credit card, and if you didn't you would have to use bank transfer, but bank transfer isn't 'supported' here...

Yep, need to be careful of those Swediepies
biggrin.gif

In answer to your question, yes, you can use a debit card. I used one for a long time.

May 7, 2004 at 6:15 PM Post #49 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sduibek
My question is... if we already know this guy is a complete scumbucket, why haven't they removed all his posts from HeadFi? It's been postulated that they were all just fabricated to get him a post count and feedback rating anyway....

What, is there some rule against deleting the posts of scummy banned people? I've had a post deleted, and all I did was talk about farts.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Well, while the details of how WilliamGoody was found out this time around are still secret, I can only guess that someone was able to piece two and two together and figure out this was him. It was probably by IP, but who knows. Either way, in some sense it's useful to keep this info in case he tries this again -- see if in the future any patterns emerge that could point to a poster being the same guy (ie. WilliamGoody and his other names had some similarities in their profiles, etc.). I don't think it's a great idea just to delete everything of his/theirs as if it had never occurred.

May 7, 2004 at 6:22 PM Post #51 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by strohmie
Well, while the details of how WilliamGoody was found out this time around are still secret, I can only guess that someone was able to piece two and two together and figure out this was him. It was probably by IP, but who knows. Either way, in some sense it's useful to keep this info in case he tries this again -- see if in the future any patterns emerge that could point to a poster being the same guy (ie. WilliamGoody and his other names had some similarities in their profiles, etc.). I don't think it's a great idea just to delete everything of his/theirs as if it had never occurred.

Nope, I wouldn't think that was a good idea, either. Plus his other contributions might have been helpful ones.

May 7, 2004 at 6:44 PM Post #52 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by strohmie

I agree. That would be the same as not recognizing the Nazi Goverment of the 30's and 40's Germany (on a lesser scale of course)... or forgetting Holocaust, and all the other horrible thing Hitler did.
You can't simply delete knowleged you don't agree with, or you find wrong. Hell, what if the American goverment forgot about Vietnam, and one day would move into another country without no real reason, and cause 1000 of soilders to die. And make pretty much all European (that would be except Denmark and Poland - Americas new best buddies) citizens unhappy with them, and american citizens too, and thereby make evil France and Germany even closer to created a EU 'glued' together with anti-americanitism. But that's just a really bad example, with no connection to real life
tongue.gif

May 7, 2004 at 6:50 PM Post #53 of 120
Hmmm. Never looked at it from that angle. What I was thinking was more to make SURE people know he's banned so they don't try to finish deals with him, are much more cautious in trusting his posts, etc. Since from what i've seen/heard it's not even that apparent that he's banned, unless you follow these threads.

EDIT: I guess there's an easy fix to satisfy everyone: we need a huge label that says "BANNED" that we can slap on people, in their profile or (even better) like a Custom Title (y'know, right below the "1000+ Member" line).

EDIT2: You could even put the date they were banned on, so there's no confusion about it.

May 7, 2004 at 7:05 PM Post #54 of 120
Before the upgrade, there was a specific title of "BANNED" given instead of 100+ Member etc. if the person was in fact banned. So I think this is either an oversight in the new design or something that just hasn't been implemented as of yet. Jude?

May 7, 2004 at 7:51 PM Post #56 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by warubozu
Man, this person is like an infectious disease. He's everywhere.
mad.gif

LOL. Where's the thread?

May 7, 2004 at 7:59 PM Post #57 of 120
i recently had an encounter (a fews back about the begining of the semester time) with whoever this person is, called "slimm". I always thought he was real strange and shady, I think he has some ****en weird problems. The guy told me his son was in the hospital, and used that as an excuse to persuade me to trade something with him, which ironically i got the upper hand in the deal. The man seems real desperate and pathetic. He aint right in the head, and I'm glad I can now put a finger on whats up with him. I thought the whole situation was weird. Anyways, i have his cell phone number if the moderator wants to use it for a pending investigation.

He told me he was from new jersey btw, and drove all the way out to long island to meet me at roosevelt field mall, the dood is strange as ****.

May 7, 2004 at 8:04 PM Post #58 of 120
I think we should tread carefully. First step will be to ban his IP and then allow the authorities to investigate.

From what I read it looks like he is suffering from some kind of psychological problem. He may or may not be in full control of his actions. Kleptomania and obsessive compulsive disorder spring to mind before more "acute" problems like schizophrenia and multiple personality disorders.

I think we should just spread the word that this guy is not cool to deal with. I would be worried if I had to meet this guy outside my door to do a trade...no...I dont want to meet such an individual in person...its a moderately scary thought
tongue.gif

Cheers!

May 7, 2004 at 10:16 PM Post #59 of 120
I think that many of us here are a bit obsessive and maybe a little compulsive, but somehow I think that ole Williamgoody has found and crossed those boundaries. I wonder why the authorities didn't care? Certainly the monetary amount of his fraud is growning. Audio stuff ain't cheap. Who did you guys complain to, the Police, or the Post Master General in his area?

May 7, 2004 at 11:00 PM Post #60 of 120
Warning, OT.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gsferrari
problems like schizophrenia and multiple personality disorders.

Wait wait, you're listing Schizophrenia and MPD as seperate disorders?
eek.gif
Hoorah for you!
biggrin.gif
Most people consider them one and the same.. it's so annoying..

Speaking of which, I always seem to make my silliest errs when wearing my "Ignorance Is Typical" t-shirt. Go figure
rolleyes.gif
evil_smiley.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sduibek
The moral of the story? Most people are straight-forward, but there are some disgusting people in this world, fully ready to take advantage of other's trust and their own level of trustworthyness.

Back on topic... perhaps Will actually *is* a decent guy, he just has these different personalities or he's "by-polar" or whatever. So perhaps he's not "truly" a bad guy that takes advantage of trust (as I mentioned earlier), more just a decent guy that's been unfortunate to end up struggling with extreme personality disorders. Just a thought.. and if that's the case.. I think we should all extend our best wishes to him.. Heck, even if he's a "bad dude" we should still wish him the best of luck if he's truly got a mental disorder. I did a huge report on Schizophrenia a few years back, and you can't begin to imagine what it's like to be like that
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back