Williamgoody's return
May 7, 2004 at 11:52 PM Post #61 of 120
At the end of the day. He's ripped people off. This isnt on. His actions should be reported by those parties affected. Maybe what he did in these forums is the tip of the iceberg? I mean gaining ones trust then doing the dirties on them is pretty low. Mind only boggles at the thought of what else he's been up to??? From a point of someone who actively trades on forums he frequented, this is worrying.

May 7, 2004 at 11:52 PM Post #62 of 120
I don't get what people see in The Rasmus. Of all the great groups here, they have to pick The Rasmus. I don't understand.

I blame The Rasmus and Him for my troubles.
wink.gif
Actually, I'd like to like Him, but so far their work is too pop and to trite for my liking. They have potential though. Maybe they'll improve as they get older.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pank2002
Wonder why...
rolleyes.gif
Blame 'The Rasmus,' that's what I would do
tongue.gif

- Rasmus

Back to the topic at hand though, anyone remember when Williamgoody tried to defend himself? He really didn't have anything worth anything to say.
wink.gif

May 8, 2004 at 12:05 AM Post #64 of 120
I am not in a position to opine as to what, if any, mental disorder Slimm is suffering from. Psychiatry/Psychology is outside my specialty. I will say that I have competed two purchases from Slimm for over $800. The most recent was completed today when I received 3 items from him. I read a lot of posts about this the last 3 days I became a little nervous when he was banned. The next day I emailed him through jude and was in constant contact with Slimm yesterday. Has anyone lost money in a transaction with Slimm (not any alias)? I am asking because I have done some research and I think I may have identified Slimm's real name and address. I will not post the information on head-fi to protect head-fi and myself in case I am wrong. I would consider providing information to anyone who has actually lost money in a transaction with Slimm. My email address and aim username are in my profile. If you fit the description I will try to assist you. Having said all this, my personal experience has been great with Slimm but I do recognize that there a certainly questions relative to his dealings here. Just thought I would share my thoughts.

May 8, 2004 at 12:09 AM Post #65 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sduibek
EDIT: I guess there's an easy fix to satisfy everyone: we need a huge label that says "BANNED" that we can slap on people, in their profile or (even better) like a Custom Title (y'know, right below the "1000+ Member" line).

As I recall, banned members did receive a custom title ("Banned") appended to their usernames and profiles. For example, see MERTON's profile.

I suppose that Jude hasn't gotten around to adding it to williamgoody/4P4ME/Slimm's profiles, yet.

Quote:

So perhaps he's not "truly" a bad guy that takes advantage of trust (as I mentioned earlier), more just a decent guy that's been unfortunate to end up struggling with extreme personality disorders. Just a thought.. and if that's the case.. I think we should all extend our best wishes to him.. Heck, even if he's a "bad dude" we should still wish him the best of luck if he's truly got a mental disorder.

I don't know if the people who have been ripped off would be as magnanimous as that.

Also, it's not a given that Bill is suffering from a mental disorder. If I was about to pull a scam on someone face-to-face, I might be acting a bit anxious or jumpy myself. So, I'm not willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. As far as we should be concerned, he's still a scammer, a thief, and a liar.

D.

May 8, 2004 at 12:16 AM Post #66 of 120
Quote:

I don't know if the people who have been ripped off would be as magnanimous as that.

Also, it's not a given that Bill is suffering from a mental disorder. If I was about to pull a scam on someone face-to-face, I might be acting a bit anxious or jumpy myself. So, I'm not willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. As far as we should be concerned, he's still a scammer, a thief, and a liar.

The only way to know for sure is to hear it "from the horse's mouth", but i'm doubting that will happen in a satisfactory manner. Oh well.

I dunno. Maybe i'm just wierd, but from everything I have read I can come to like 5 conclusions on "what sort of guy he is." That's just the way these things go I guess
frown.gif

May 8, 2004 at 12:23 AM Post #68 of 120
Quote:

Warning, OT.

Wait wait, you're listing Schizophrenia and MPD as seperate disorders?
eek.gif
Hoorah for you!
biggrin.gif
Most people consider them one and the same.. it's so annoying..

Speaking of which, I always seem to make my silliest errs when wearing my "Ignorance Is Typical" t-shirt. Go figure
rolleyes.gif
evil_smiley.gif

Back on topic... perhaps Will actually *is* a decent guy, he just has these different personalities or he's "by-polar" or whatever. So perhaps he's not "truly" a bad guy that takes advantage of trust (as I mentioned earlier), more just a decent guy that's been unfortunate to end up struggling with extreme personality disorders. Just a thought.. and if that's the case.. I think we should all extend our best wishes to him.. Heck, even if he's a "bad dude" we should still wish him the best of luck if he's truly got a mental disorder. I did a huge report on Schizophrenia a few years back, and you can't begin to imagine what it's like to be like that
frown.gif

Uh-Oh, Look out, this guy was a psychology major, hence an expert on personallity (extreme sarcasm). Off-topic, but yes I always thought it was kind of funny how someone would take some class which is umm *cough* bs, and think they understand a person better then we do, then somehow go as far as defending him? Have you delt with the guy? I know your heart bleeds for him, but this thread here isn't for you to whine, it's to point out the fact, a sick messed up guy is out on the prowl, after your money, and your audio. I'd love to see how you'd be bitching if he ripped you off personally. Man please. Again, please understand, we don't carry the worlds problems on our shoulders individually, and each and every single member of this forum, does not have to tolerate, or accept anything to this extent of bs. If you want to whine to him, why not just put all your money in a big envelope, label it to the 10 or so aliases he uses, and wait until he posts again to rip us off, so you too can get ripped off? Then, just maybe you will have a true appreciation for him, and can whine all you want.
BOO THIS GUY (reference to half-baked line from bob saget)!

: P

May 8, 2004 at 12:29 AM Post #69 of 120
While that paper I did was required for a class, I did a ****load of research for it. You can call personal insight gained from tons of research BS I guess.. but then you'd also have to say that people with PhD's are not very knowledgable in thier fields
tongue.gif

(Not to say I compare myself to people with a PhD, lol)

Yeah, I can understand people getting pissed from getting ripped off, but that doesn't mean you can negate facts.

A good example of this is 9/11. If I encounter people and try to suggest them the hypothetical that 9/11 was even partially the US's fault, they flip. I can't find any reason other than the fact that 9/11 hit "close to home."

Emotions are really effective at clouding logic and judgment, so you can get pissed at me all you want, but don't question my validity, because your own emotions have overshadowed your own validity
tongue.gif

***Yes, he could easily be UberScum. But I honestly think if he IS suffering a mental disorder, there's a lot more to it than "Man this guy's scummy." (BTW my first reaction was to get pissed about how scummy he was, until I read more, and thought about it more)

May 8, 2004 at 12:30 AM Post #70 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fickle-Friend
Talking of BANNED people, anyone know why "merton" was banned? another con-artist?

Ah, you were here before the joy that was a Merton post. He was actually just a harmless idiot until he said something offensive on one of the secondary boards, and was banned. His posts basically were all useless and didn't serve any purpose on the site really other than to amuse and annoy. He managed to get Headphoneus Supremus before the end.

May 8, 2004 at 12:41 AM Post #71 of 120
Glenn called my house today and spoke to my wife. He asked me to email him, and said he would send out the item I purchased tomorrow. Has anyone else received calls or had any contact? I'm hoping for the best...

May 8, 2004 at 12:43 AM Post #72 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by austonia
whao... he's been active recently in the portables forum. I had no idea that was him. Hopefully he will stay gone this time, but I doubt it. That's totally evil to scam trusting people, and worse, to come back for more.

edit: this would have been an excellent opportunity to corner him before he knew that head-fi was onto him. In other words, responding to his For Sale ads to obtain mailing addresses or phone numbers. He still needs to make good on the money/equipment he took, or face the legal consequences.

I think I still have his address around, the last he used. I doubt he had moved since, just because of a few scams....anyway if any member wants his address, unfortunately I do not have his phone number, just PM me....it is really scary this guy around, and for sure something legally have to be done at this point, I thought in the first instance that he was sick, or crazy, or any other justification, I dealt with him in the past with no problems, he even was in my house, now I see that he is an scammer and a thief...period, plain and simple, so if someone need some info.....Even when probably the guys that have dealt with him had the address, but just in case.

May 8, 2004 at 12:57 AM Post #73 of 120
Please explain to me please, what here is fact? Are you suggesting that something based on behavorial science can be fact? A logic, can not be based on something as loosely defined, or excused as a social problem, which people attempt to define. I think if anything you can beg the argument, more so then make a point with psychology.

Also, I don't believe someone, with a PHD in psychology would have anything to contribute to this discussion, as if that man lost his audio equipment or money, how clouded his judgement would be?

P.S
I hate how people need to quote, or bring up 9/11 in a discussion, to try and aid their point. It doesn't work for bush. It probablly doesn't work well for anyone who flips when you bring up 9/11 to them.

May 8, 2004 at 1:00 AM Post #74 of 120
Quote:

While that paper I did was required for a class, I did a ####load of research for it. You can call personal insight gained from tons of research BS I guess.. but then you'd also have to say that people with PhD's are not very knowledgable in thier fields
tongue.gif

Uh, no, you wouldn't...I hope that you don't consider what may SEEM like a lot of research to be on par with that of PhD's. It's not.

Quote:

(Not to say I compare myself to people with a PhD, lol)

Damn straight about THAT!! Not even close....

We'd all do well not to attempt to exorcise williamgoody/slimm/etc..'s demons in one form or another. Fact of the matter is that he's ripped people off, and I for one would hope that someone will see him in court someday.

Anyone consider small claims court?? I'd love to hear some success stories, if they exist.

May 8, 2004 at 1:09 AM Post #75 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by elrod-tom
We'd all do well not to attempt to exorcise williamgoody/slimm/etc..'s demons in one form or another. Fact of the matter is that he's ripped people off, and I for one would hope that someone will see him in court someday.

Yes, because all that matters are actions, right? Way to be.

I believe people should be punished for breaking the law, but I wasn't arguing that earlier, I was trying to sort out whether or not he's mentally challenged, but of course that doesn't matter, he's a "Bad Guy".
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back