Will the Fiio e6 be adequate for DT770 pro 80 ohm? (Very new to this)
Jun 17, 2012 at 5:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

15avigil

New Head-Fier
I know it's far from the best, but my files aren't too high quality (120-300 bitrate mp3's) and my budget is really tight. It looks like it is the best option, but I'd just like some feedback before going through with my purchase.

Jun 25, 2012 at 1:06 PM Post #2 of 4
I don't have a E6, but I have an E5 and the amps in in both are basically the same (makes sense, similar price, just one is newer). With my DT 770 Pro 80s the E5 doesn't make much of a difference honestly except for the small bass boost I get from turning on bass boost. Other than that, any sound difference is minimal at best and probably more placebo than actual. If you are running your beyers on a high powered device like a Cowon, Iphone 4s, or one of those high powered Android phones, then just save your money honestly, the E6 probably won't do a lot.

I'm not audio expert but those are just from my personal experience since I have a similar setup as you so take it with a grain of salt. I hope that helped :)

Jun 26, 2012 at 7:16 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:
Turns out I decided to go for the hd25-1 II's, for which an amp is pretty unnecessary. Thanks for the input anyways.

Great choice!  Hopefully you like yours.  The good news is that if you end up with some more disposable cash down the road, they do improve with amplification so you can always add an amp in afterward.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back