Why the Beats Hate?
May 20, 2013 at 8:51 PM Post #76 of 2,037
In my opinion everyone likes a particular sound signature. Beats offers a very unique one. At the cost however, value is at an all time low. There are headphones half the price of the beats that offer, from a technical standpoint, more in all departments. I dont think people can justify the price tag for simply a sound signature. If beats were 150$ they would be liked a lot more. 

May 20, 2013 at 8:57 PM Post #77 of 2,037
Quote:
In my opinion everyone likes a particular sound signature. Beats offers a very unique one. At the cost however, value is at an all time low. There are headphones half the price of the beats that offer, from a technical standpoint, more in all departments. I dont think people can justify the price tag for simply a sound signature. If beats were 150$ they would be liked a lot more. 

If they were 150, they be fighting against M50, and there simply is no competition between those two.

May 20, 2013 at 9:00 PM Post #78 of 2,037
If they were 150, they be fighting against M50, and there simply is no competition between those two.

You're right the M50 are way better 
size]

So 100$ then...wait sr80, damn 

May 20, 2013 at 9:08 PM Post #79 of 2,037
Quote:
Actually... Lil'Wayne uses Beats in his studio
wink_face.gif

Source

Nope. Not buying it. Sounds like something the marketing department thought up to put in the description. Unless he has his own personal studio, in which case I'm sure he uses anything he wants, but there is no professional studio operated by a legitimate record label that uses it. You won't find a sound engineer or a mastering engineer that ever uses Beats to do any kind of work.

May 21, 2013 at 9:37 AM Post #80 of 2,037
Quote:

I don't know. I didn't think the sound signature was that unique. Particularly the solos sounded pretty much like every other $15-$20 phones out there. They are a classic case of a cheap product with a flashy finish and a huge marketing budget to pump them up.

May 21, 2013 at 1:02 PM Post #82 of 2,037
I don't particularly have a problem with the beats headphone, they can celebrity endorse it all they want, they can sell it for whatever price they want, they can put whatever sound signature in it they want.

So i don't care that they're selling it, no what i care about is that they're selling it as a serious high-fidelity headphone and that they are making it look like people who make music use it in the studio, which is clearly not true.

And then there's that stupid slogan they got "hear the music as the artist intended". Oh man that somehow makes me mad.

May 21, 2013 at 2:01 PM Post #83 of 2,037
I pity the young kids...the celebs get theirs for free. But these kids pays alot of money for there Beats.
And now its so mainstream....if you want to look cool...you need it. Sad.

May 21, 2013 at 2:03 PM Post #84 of 2,037
I think the styling when all black is cool, maybe a bit too big.

May 21, 2013 at 2:07 PM Post #85 of 2,037
Quote:
I don't particularly have a problem with the beats headphone, they can celebrity endorse it all they want, they can sell it for whatever price they want, they can put whatever sound signature in it they want.

So i don't care that they're selling it, no what i care about is that they're selling it as a serious high-fidelity headphone and that they are making it look like people who make music use it in the studio, which is clearly not true.

And then there's that stupid slogan they got "hear the music as the artist intended". Oh man that somehow makes me mad.

And people so naively fall for it! As others have said on this post, that may be why we have a  "distaste" for anything branded by the b.
And when you possibly DARE tell them for the $200+ that theyve wasted they couldve bought something so much better and still had money left for amps and such (which they obviously dont know the existence of) and had great "sound and/or bass" that they were "looking for" when  looking for headphones and when they set their eyes upon the beats, youre called either an ignorant person thats been brainwashed and is trying to act smart or just someone thats jealous of the beats if not both xP 

May 21, 2013 at 5:09 PM Post #86 of 2,037
I never understood the hype for overpowering crap bass in the eyes of the mainstream consumer. It never made sense to me, even before I heard good bass. It always sounded like someone was filling my ears with tar, letting it dry, and then banging on the dried slabs of tar with oversized rotted drumsticks. I usually cringe when I walk into a department or electronics store and people are demoing a rap track with a crappy 2.1 system. It's awfully reproduced, but people seem like it. It's like junk food for your ears!

May 21, 2013 at 5:16 PM Post #87 of 2,037
Well i find it annoying when uninformed people tell me beats are the best headphones known to man. I was talking at school today about what headphones I should get. People were suggesting beats and I told them I already knew they were ****. I got flamed and told I know nothing, called a loser, etc.

That is why people hate beats. BTW I'm getting Sennheiser HD 598.

May 21, 2013 at 5:23 PM Post #88 of 2,037
Quote:
Well i find it annoying when uninformed people tell me beats are the best headphones known to man. I was talking at school today about what headphones I should get. People were suggesting beats and I told them I already knew they were ****. I got flamed and told I know nothing, called a loser, etc.

That is why people hate beats. BTW I'm getting Sennheiser HD 598.

Well, if you want to get them back, ask them to describe the sound signature using technical terms, then giggle as they have no idea.

"beats are the best headphones ever!"
"Oh, really? How's the soundstage? Are the highs sparkly or dull? How is the attack? Do they have good transparency?"
"Uhh... no idea what those mean, but they have good bass!"
"Boomy or punchy?"
*Blank stare*
"Thought so."

May 21, 2013 at 5:25 PM Post #89 of 2,037
Quote:
I never understood the hype for overpowering crap bass in the eyes of the mainstream consumer. It never made sense to me, even before I heard good bass.

More bass is like the first step beyond the super-low fi. Stock earbuds/supercheap computer speakers and such tend to be super-lackluster in the bass department. Simple increase in bass quantity is probably the largest and most easily noticeable difference to that sort of sound quality. Therefore some people think that phat beats = quality.

May 21, 2013 at 5:34 PM Post #90 of 2,037
Quote:
Well, if you want to get them back, ask them to describe the sound signature using technical terms, then giggle as they have no idea.

"beats are the best headphones ever!"
"Oh, really? How's the soundstage? Are the highs sparkly or dull? How is the attack? Do they have good transparency?"
"Uhh... no idea what those mean, but they have good bass!"
"Boomy or punchy?"
*Blank stare*
"Thought so."

The problem is I am new to audio as well and really have no idea what I am talking about. I have some threads asking noob questions if you can help me out (I think you are able to go to my profile and see the threads I have opened)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back