Why the Beats Hate?
Sep 20, 2016 at 9:00 AM Post #1,201 of 2,037
Wow. Absolute classics both and cars I've always hoped to own one day, but I agree the build quality did leave a lot to be desired.

The new launched 124 Spider (don't know why they have to keep playing the 'retro' card and reusing old names) is actually based on the new Mazda MX5/ Miata believe it or not. At least it will be reliable and drive well but its just does not quite the same style and character as the old Spider.

PS A much more interesting subject than Beats!

Sep 20, 2016 at 9:03 AM Post #1,202 of 2,037
Answer the question of thread's title: It's because of people who wear it and they make it look like they are wearing the best headphone in the world.

Sep 20, 2016 at 9:39 AM Post #1,203 of 2,037
I think it's more along the lines of hating Beats gets you instant audiophile street cred when you express it amongst non-audio normies. Kinda like how preaching "iPhones suck" and owning an Android phone gives an impression to normies that you're very techy.

Sep 20, 2016 at 10:35 AM Post #1,205 of 2,037
The audeze sine is made for the new iPhone. It is the new beats and has double the price tag of one.

By comparison in terms of value it must be a bargain. I'm sure its more than twice as good in every single way.

Sep 20, 2016 at 11:02 AM Post #1,206 of 2,037
  Answer the question of thread's title: It's because of people who wear it and they make it look like they are wearing the best headphone in the world.

I think if these folk have found a pair of cans that make them dance and sing and laugh and smile, then for that $300 or w/e its a bargain of a lifetime. Imagine what they're saving themselves from?

$$$ Life savings $$$ = somewhat safer with Beats enjoyment

I don't own beats, but they are stylish in certain models and colors, and newer versions can't be that bad.

Maybe they're lucky

biggrin.gif

Sep 20, 2016 at 11:27 AM Post #1,207 of 2,037
The audeze sine is made for the new iPhone. It is the new beats and has double the price tag of one.

Audeze Sine is the best portable headphone in the world though, at $500 it's a bargain.

Sep 20, 2016 at 11:33 AM Post #1,208 of 2,037

Dunno about that one-you should see the snobbery of some of the people that paid $5000 for a pair of Stax, or $4000 for the LCD 4, or even $1500 for Ether Cs or HD800. They make Beat customers look humble. If you're wearing a pair of sub-$1000 headphones they treat you like you have plague.

Sep 20, 2016 at 11:35 AM Post #1,209 of 2,037
Originally Posted by SHAMuuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think if these folk have found a pair of cans that make them dance and sing and laugh and smile, then for that $300 or w/e its a bargain of a lifetime. Imagine what they're saving themselves from?

$$$ Life savings $$$ = somewhat safer with Beats enjoyment

I don't own beats, but they are stylish in certain models and colors, and newer versions can't be that bad.

Maybe they're lucky

biggrin.gif

OMG, how happy and simple life would be if $300 bought you your endgame headphone?

Sep 20, 2016 at 12:03 PM Post #1,210 of 2,037

Dunno about that one-you should see the snobbery of some of the people that paid $5000 for a pair of Stax, or $4000 for the LCD 4, or even $1500 for Ether Cs or HD800. They make Beat customers look humble. If you're wearing a pair of sub-$1000 headphones they treat you like you have plague.

Spot on! I see a very well known reviewer who is a big Beats fan stated recently that if "you listen to music through your phone you aren't listening to music" then runs right out and buys the iPhone 7 plus. (for better quality phone calls I presume)
wink_face.gif

PS: Dear Reviewer, Apple says all of your 3.5mm and 1/4" headphones are old & outdated technology now.
biggrin.gif

Sep 20, 2016 at 2:49 PM Post #1,211 of 2,037
 OMG, how happy and simple life would be if $300 bought you your endgame headphone?

A Q701 and odac/o2 with a handful of opamps to play around with is a happy ending for me. All high end gear I tried needed money to solve money problems. At the time the original beats studio sounded exceptionally good compared to my stock sony earbuds. So I can see why people praise them the same way. It's hard to recommend people headphones because I've had friends that hate the microdetailing (the sound of singers breathing in a recording).

Sep 20, 2016 at 5:48 PM Post #1,212 of 2,037
A Q701 and odac/o2 with a handful of opamps to play around with is a happy ending for me. All high end gear I tried needed money to solve money problems. At the time the original beats studio sounded exceptionally good compared to my stock sony earbuds. So I can see why people praise them the same way. It's hard to recommend people headphones because I've had friends that hate the microdetailing (the sound of singers breathing in a recording).

You went straight from Sony earbuds to Beats. Did you consider anything else or did the marketing convince you they were the best option?

Sep 20, 2016 at 6:26 PM Post #1,213 of 2,037
You went straight from Sony earbuds to Beats. Did you consider anything else or did the marketing convince you they were the best option?

The idea of active noise canceling, thumping bass, extremely soft padding, and the best buy employee discount totalling to 150 CAD were my influence in buying one at the time. When they stopped working (about twice), monster replaced them for free so each replacement felt like a new present.

It took about 3 years before I decided to look up a proper headphone that was the same price and would serve me a long time. The Audio Technica a900x. The a900x didn't surprise me since I was expecting more out of it but I never complained about them. They existed on my head and that's all that really mattered.

Edit: I forgot to mention that the a900x came with a yellow sticker stating it may contain radiation and is not safe for pregnant women. I bought them around the Fukushima power plant meltdown so that was interesting.

Oct 27, 2016 at 11:23 PM Post #1,215 of 2,037
  Beats have horrible audio output for their price point. The materials are low quality thats why people dont like them. this article gives 5 different cheaper options
http://audio46.com/hip-hop-headphones/ ... people hate on beat beats because the people who buy them are cheated out of a good deal for mediocre products 

I bet you have't tested the Studio 2, but hey, you have an opinion. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back