Why the Beats Hate?
Sep 10, 2016 at 4:47 AM Post #1,186 of 2,037
Let's get negative

Yesterday I had the delightful experience of seeing a young man in a 4x4 (S.U.V. in American) boom boom boom indefinable music pounding out, baseball cap reversed and pair of lovely Beats round his scrawny neck. All this in a quiet little market town in the Yorkshire Dales.

As he sped away in a mixture of diesel rattle and thumping bass my first thought that came to mind;

WA*KER

This experience summed up Beats for me

edited for language (bad).

Ha Ha, ye nailed it!!

Sep 10, 2016 at 6:47 AM Post #1,187 of 2,037
New iPhone 7 specs announced and I'm sure you've all heard no headphone jack. New Apple lightning earbuds included with Airbuds for $159 coming in October. Beats also will have Bluetooth and wireless options with Solo 3 announced 1st.

Sep 17, 2016 at 10:16 AM Post #1,188 of 2,037

Well, there's a bit of wrong here.

First, Solo 2's aren't over hears. You probably heard the Studio 2 Wireless, which was less acclaimed than the Solo 2. 

"Less acclaimed" or not, Studio 2/Wireless are a lot better than Solo 2 and better than a lot of cans typically "acclaimed" by so called audiophiles, like M50x. 

Quote:
However, if you're reading this before buying them, you need to know (and most of us in here would agree) there are many products that perform better at a better price. 

That's not necessarily true. 

Sep 17, 2016 at 10:20 AM Post #1,189 of 2,037
Omg, he made a new account just to defend Beats!

Don't be ashamed man, stand proudly for what you believe!

Sep 17, 2016 at 12:54 PM Post #1,190 of 2,037
This thread exists? Hahahahaha! 

To be fair, I have heard they are getting better and ever since Monster parted ways with Beats, you can get all that flash with better sound quality. But I think the biggest gripe with Beats is the price to performance. I remember back in the day, they had the Beats Pro and it was something like $500. It sounded good, but the fact of the matter was that you could get a $200 headphone for the same price, performance, and on top of that it would last longer.

Beats don't have a simple fragile cable issue like most headphones. The headbands break on those things a dime a dozen and the internal wiring fatigues after 6 months of use. I've seen this so many times I don't even both humoring the question anymore. 

Simply put, they are hated because they are not a quality product. Not to mention they completely derailed the goals of the headphone industry, but I won't get into that. 

Sep 17, 2016 at 2:01 PM Post #1,191 of 2,037
Omg, he made a new account just to defend Beats!

Don't be ashamed man, stand proudly for what you believe!

No, I haven't made an account just for Beats. Actually I don't defend Beats in general but rather the Studio 2.0/Wireless which are a major step up from their past headphones.        Unfortunately, audiophiles and non-audiophiles alike tend to bash them based on rumors and impressions of past products. How about testing them first?

To be fair, I have heard they are getting better and ever since Monster parted ways with Beats, you can get all that flash with better sound quality. But I think the biggest gripe with Beats is the price to performance. I remember back in the day, they had the Beats Pro and it was something like $500. It sounded good, but the fact of the matter was that you could get a $200 headphone for the same price, performance, and on top of that it would last longer.

Beats don't have a simple fragile cable issue like most headphones. The headbands break on those things a dime a dozen and the internal wiring fatigues after 6 months of use. I've seen this so many times I don't even both humoring the question anymore. 

Simply put, they are hated because they are not a quality product. Not to mention they completely derailed the goals of the headphone industry, but I won't get into that. 

So... *you have heard they are getting better* ... which it really means you haven't tested their latest and best headphones (and I really mean the Studio 2/Wireless)... yet *you know* "you can get all that flash with better sound quality" ... how so? 

Regarding the Studio 2. Headbands may break but they can be replaced, same for earpads. The wiring that goes from earcup to earcup is enclosed in pretty strong plastic so it won't break that easily. 

Derailed "the goals of the headphone industry?" That's not the case with Studio 2, they're more detailed, have better separation and soundstage than say ATH-M50x or Sony MDR-1A. Unfortunately, they kinda lack the thing Beats is known for, and that's bass. Actually, MDR-1A have quite a bit more bass. 

Sep 17, 2016 at 4:51 PM Post #1,192 of 2,037
Many have said this stuff before in this thread...myself inlcuded.

Bought the Solo 2's ($79) thinking I'd listen to them and then pass them on to my son. They're a good set of headphones for that price. My son also likes them.

Beats suck...Senn's (or insert your favorite audiophile brand here) rule! Seems it makes some folks feel better to have something to beat up on. :wink:

Sep 18, 2016 at 1:19 AM Post #1,193 of 2,037
This thread exists? Hahahahaha! 

Didn't Apple buy Beats and are now in charge of manufacturing them? If Apple starts manufacturing Beats, we actually might see some decent heaephones from them in their next line.

Sep 18, 2016 at 11:32 AM Post #1,194 of 2,037
Didn't Apple buy Beats and are now in charge of manufacturing them? If Apple starts manufacturing Beats, we actually might see some decent heaephones from them in their next line.

Apple know their electronics but headphone are a different thing altogether

Stick to companies with a long tradition of crafting headphones or speakers

Sep 18, 2016 at 12:07 PM Post #1,195 of 2,037
I'll be sure to demo them 1st before I make a judgement

Sep 18, 2016 at 12:33 PM Post #1,196 of 2,037

Forgot about that. I do expect apple will release a better product, but I doubt it will be to the same level as a dedicated audio company. I don't expect the beats to have anymore increased durability. Apple is the king of planned obsolescence. 
rolleyes.gif

Sep 19, 2016 at 2:01 PM Post #1,197 of 2,037
Fiat UK are charging £600 for a HiFi (!) by Beats option for the Abarth 595 range (fantastic little cars)

Don't know the exact details bur presumably this consists purely of filling the cars tiny boot ('trunk' in American) with subwoofer.

I would have thought an Audio Analogue/ Sonus Faber system would have been more fitting or, in my case, just listening to the lovely classic Italian exhaust note.

This audio 'upgrade' is an  insult to a great piece of motoring heritage if you ask me, but at least its optional

Sep 19, 2016 at 6:02 PM Post #1,198 of 2,037
Fiat UK are charging £600 for a HiFi (!) by Beats option for the Abarth 595 range (fantastic little cars)

Don't know the exact details bur presumably this consists purely of filling the cars tiny boot ('trunk' in American) with subwoofer.

I would have thought an Audio Analogue/ Sonus Faber system would have been more fitting or, in my case, just listening to the lovely classic Italian exhaust note.

This audio 'upgrade' is an  insult to a great piece of motoring heritage if you ask me, but at least its optional

Hmmm...Fiat's must have changed over the years...a buddy of mine owned one and to be honest this Beats upgrade would have more than doubled the value of his car!

I'm thinking a trunk full of subwoofer might be the only way his car would actually move. :wink:

Sep 19, 2016 at 8:42 PM Post #1,199 of 2,037
Hmmm...Fiat's must have changed over the years...a buddy of mine owned one and to be honest this Beats upgrade would have more than doubled the value of his car!

I'm thinking a trunk full of subwoofer might be the only way his car would actually move. :wink:

Well I've always found them pretty lively and only got more so as the spread of rust made them lighter! I started out with an Uno Turbo in the 80s and currently thrashing around in a mighty 69bhp Panda!

Some of the old ones had a serious sting in their tails

FIAT Abarth 1000TC

Also check out
Fiat Dino Spider and the 2300s

Sep 20, 2016 at 7:05 AM Post #1,200 of 2,037
He had an X1/9 and then a Spider. Both fun cars...when they worked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back