Why the Beats Hate?
Apr 11, 2016 at 5:37 PM Post #1,141 of 2,037
  just last weekend when i was in my local rugby club, my friend Edwin comes in with his four children aged from 7 to 14 all wearing beats plugged into their ipads. We exchanged glances and he knows what i am thinking. He says...'i know what your thinking but that is what the kids want are Beats nothing else' Talk about more money than sense. Well thats marketing summed up. But you know what.... at least they are listening to music!!

So they care about their bass like the majority of the market does and I do and I'm almost 40, but I also consider my beats to have decent mids/highs better than my v-moda's even.

More money than sense is the way some people feel about premium products in general.

But if you want a decent set of headphones they cost money even more so for major brands, though I know niche brands tend to be a bit more affordable.

My $100 urbeats sound quite a bit better to me than my $50 v-moda bass freq's, not that my moda's are bad per say when if fact they are quite good for the price.

Apr 11, 2016 at 6:03 PM Post #1,142 of 2,037
Jeez, was just observing that the kids where more concerned about having style cans than the actual SQ. Passes without reason that children within that age bracket don't care about neutral sounding cans and  why would they. They don't go to the local disco and comment on how the PA system is lacking in mid bass all they want us to enjoy them selves 

Apr 11, 2016 at 6:15 PM Post #1,143 of 2,037
So they care about their bass like the majority of the market does and I do and I'm almost 40, but I also consider my beats to have decent mids/highs better than my v-moda's even.

More money than sense is the way some people feel about premium products in general.

But if you want a decent set of headphones they cost money even more so for major brands, though I know niche brands tend to be a bit more affordable.

My $100 urbeats sound quite a bit better to me than my $50 v-moda bass freq's, not that my moda's are bad per say when if fact they are quite good for the price.

Had UrBeats (came with an HTC phone) that broke after about a year and still have some Bass Freqs I got at Rat Shack for $10 when they cleared out all their V-Moda stuff. Never really compared them in-depth but agree with what you said. If someone came up to me and said I'll give you a free pair of one or the other, I'd choose the UrBeats...even though they broke (gym phones).

That said, I also picked up some M-80s at the same time for $30...still haven't heard a pair of Beats that come close to that value! :D

My price point on the Solo 2's is $70...they got into the $90 range so far; maybe next Black Friday.

Apr 13, 2016 at 7:56 PM Post #1,145 of 2,037
Had UrBeats (came with an HTC phone) that broke after about a year and still have some Bass Freqs I got at Rat Shack for $10 when they cleared out all their V-Moda stuff. Never really compared them in-depth but agree with what you said. If someone came up to me and said I'll give you a free pair of one or the other, I'd choose the UrBeats...even though they broke (gym phones).

That said, I also picked up some M-80s at the same time for $30...still haven't heard a pair of Beats that come close to that value!
biggrin.gif

My price point on the Solo 2's is $70...they got into the $90 range so far; maybe next Black Friday.

I have retail urbeats with a flat cable and they have lasted me longer than my moda's by quite though I did keep rebuying the moda's and went through 3-4 pairs before getting the beats. So I am used of them breaking though I do skateboard with them

Apr 13, 2016 at 7:59 PM Post #1,146 of 2,037
  i think it should because too much bass will let you think the sound is not clear and detailed. also too much bass is so bad for the classical music.

I have songs that sound quite light in bass though my urbeats so I don't see the bass as too much but just right when some songs have a lot of bass some more than others. I can understand some people prefering less bass though just as the majority of the market prefers more. Most people I know have beats or a brand with a similar sound signature

Apr 15, 2016 at 9:22 PM Post #1,147 of 2,037
The Beats Solo 2; LG's headphone of choice for "better than CD-quality" audio.

Apr 16, 2016 at 3:28 AM Post #1,148 of 2,037
The Beats Solo 2; LG's headphone of choice for "better than CD-quality" audio.

How can this be allowed ?

Apple should sue any of these upstart fly by night companies who have the nerve to use their headphones in advertising

If Apple would only listen to me then all Beats should be recalled and lightning cables hardwired into them thus ensuring stringent compliance of company policy. All none Apple users found using other devices to listen to music with Beats should then be prosecuted or ideally, where local laws allow,shot.

Apr 28, 2016 at 8:22 PM Post #1,149 of 2,037
How can this be allowed ?

Apple should sue any of these upstart fly by night companies who have the nerve to use their headphones in advertising

If Apple would only listen to me then all Beats should be recalled and lightning cables hardwired into them thus ensuring stringent compliance of company policy. All none Apple users found using other devices to listen to music with Beats should then be prosecuted or ideally, where local laws allow,shot.

That would work if beats owners only used apple hardware. I use a sony ps vita

Apr 28, 2016 at 11:03 PM Post #1,151 of 2,037
  Well, anyway, we are almost banned to discuss about Beats on Chinese hifi websites because the administors there think Beats is far away from the requirements of HIFI...

They shut down the net to the entire country once so that doesn't surprise me. But as the counterfeit capital of the world I'm not really concerned with their opinion

I have 2 bluetooth speakers and 2 iem's urbeats and v-moda bass freq's, as I prefer them to over the heads and my beats sound cleaner than my jbl. So I don't really get the hate/butthurt other than from hipsters over being the market leader/popular or someone that prefers less bass/more treble.

Apr 29, 2016 at 10:21 AM Post #1,152 of 2,037
  Well, anyway, we are almost banned to discuss about Beats on Chinese hifi websites because the administors there think Beats is far away from the requirements of HIFI...

I'm all for freedom of speech but as bans go this seems a very sensible one 
normal_smile .gif
 Enlightened people who look at HiFi websites should have no interest in Beats and should certainly not be encouraged to buy them.

Apr 29, 2016 at 3:03 PM Post #1,154 of 2,037
  I'm all for freedom of speech but as bans go this seems a very sensible one 
normal_smile%20.gif
 Enlightened people who look at HiFi websites should have no interest in Beats and should certainly not be encouraged to buy them.

I have had and heard plenty of brands over the years and enjoy my beats but butthurt is common with popularity these days

Apr 29, 2016 at 3:04 PM Post #1,155 of 2,037
  And the fact that everyone who owns a pair has this stick it up in your face attitude. 

We are just tired of butthurt common with more popular brands though there is always room for improvement as so many brands show constantly making new models.

I like the bass on my ubreats and the mids and highs are perfect for me and I normally listen to music at half volume. Where with my v-moda's I use more volume while not being as impressed with the sound and I'm not just referring to the bass which is only slightly weaker while not being as clean.

Having had or heard most of the major brands hasn't lowered my respect for what dre has done when before beats I didn't see to many people with headphones and I have always had them as a music fan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back